Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is your LQS willing to "hold" fabric for you? >

Is your LQS willing to "hold" fabric for you?

Is your LQS willing to "hold" fabric for you?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 AM
bj

I've never asked mine to hold anything for me, but I think they probably would if I asked them to. I'm not that knowledgable in fabric lines and don't really have a favorite. I'm pretty much a brouse and buy kind of shopper.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 AM

If I asked my LQS or any store that sells fabric to hold something for me, I would be prepared to give them my credit card info. That way it is yours and they won't be selling it before you can get there to pick it up. But if the store doesn't require payment to hold an item, I think 48 hours would be a reasonable time to hold something for a patron.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 AM

I've never asked, but they know me and they probably would. I think that's not something you would want to start, Its a little too easy and might become habit...gee I think I'd like to do (whatever), but not sure..can you hold for me while I make up my mind?? That would be my fear. I might consider a layaway plan with a credit card to hold it til its paid and a certain amount of time specified...then charge it out. I really think its a can of worms!