Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
zippers without zipper foot >

zippers without zipper foot

zippers without zipper foot

Old 09-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Now I have to dig and see if my industrial machines have a piping foot!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:05 AM

You are all adding tips so fast, I can barely keep up :-) Now to look thru the gazillion feet I've never used & see if there's a piping foot.Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
My GD recently asked me to show her how to use the zipper foot that came with the sewing machine I recently gave her. (She wants to make zippered wristlets for her girlfriends for Christmas but being a newbie to sewing she'd never tried installing zippers.) Instead I showed her how to install the zipper using a piping foot. I haven't used a zipper foot since the early 80s when my friend Jeanne showed me how much easier it is when you use a piping foot.... just set the piping groove on top of the zipper teeth, slightly adjust needle to correct side of teeth for stitching and sew.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by loopywren
My GD recently asked me to show her how to use the zipper foot that came with the sewing machine I recently gave her. (She wants to make zippered wristlets for her girlfriends for Christmas but being a newbie to sewing she'd never tried installing zippers.) Instead I showed her how to install the zipper using a piping foot. I haven't used a zipper foot since the early 80s when my friend Jeanne showed me how much easier it is when you use a piping foot.... just set the piping groove on top of the zipper teeth, slightly adjust needle to correct side of teeth for stitching and sew.
I already do that but I want to say your avatar is just lovely, is it the world in time lapse, can I find it somewhere on the web. Thanks. Gwen
My avatar is actually a time lapse of the moon phases. I fell in love with it and thought it fit my user name, which was the name of an ancestor.
Thank you I will have to search on the web and see if I can find it.