Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights >

~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights

~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights

Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 AM

ok so my center is lost AGAIN... or somebody didn't mail it... I am praying for it not have gotten mailed. I can't believe this is happening to me.... Linda please PLEASE please let me know if you have recieved my center this is turning into a NIGHTMARE dealing with this!

Things are changing on this board.. thinking of pulling up stakes and keeping to myself... In the last 2 yrs I have really been dissapointed in the quality of people here. I seem to continuely bump into people who are not true in there comments or actions. I do my best to be the kind of person I would want to have for a friend... seems as if I am the only one doing this. Guess I just seem to get with the wrong people or maybe I pick the wrong ones.... REALLY DISSAPOINTED!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:13 AM

Dawn, I am sorry to say that No, I have not received your center yet. I have check with my mailman, and he says that he didn't deliver it. I'm thinking that Gwyn said she was going out of town, maybe she ran out of time to get it in the mail before she left?? Gwyn are you back yet? Did you get a chance to mail Dawn's center to me? Please let one of us know the status.

Dawn I would be sorry to see you leave, I think you offer a lot of fun to the board. I love seeing your work too. I hope you will reconsider the idea of leaving.
Linda
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Dawn, I am sorry to say that No, I have not received your center yet. I have check with my mailman, and he says that he didn't deliver it. I'm thinking that Gwyn said she was going out of town, maybe she ran out of time to get it in the mail before she left?? Gwyn are you back yet? Did you get a chance to mail Dawn's center to me? Please let one of us know the status.

Dawn I would be sorry to see you leave, I think you offer a lot of fun to the board. I love seeing your work too. I hope you will reconsider the idea of leaving.
Linda
Dawn,
Please don't leave. I too have noticed a change in the board since I joined in 2009. I don't spend as much time as I use to on the board because of this. You can keep in touch with those of us who love you.

BTW... You are an awesome leader in this group. This is my first IRR and yes, I realize now that we are emotionally attached to our centers and we put in a lot of planning, blood, sweat and tears when we design and construct them.

My biggest frustration is that people don't have the courtesy to send/answer e-mails and communicate. We don't need a blow by blow account of their life happenings just a simple note will do. I am not addressing just the quilt board... I'm speaking about people as a whole. There is no reason for people not to communicate...internet, email, phone, pony express... it's all out there... no reason of rude behavior.
This is my two cents... sorry for the rant...

Dawn, again please don't leave but call me... I'll pm you
Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 AM

I received Star's package today!
I'm lying, I received it at the very beginning of the week, but I had to take my little note to the post office and actually pick it up since they tried to deliver while I was at work (happens every time *eyeroll*.
I will start working on it ASAP!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:03 AM

No, it isn't lost. It is right here in the envelope waiting to mail it. Except for being late, everything is fine. I'm doing my best to get them mailed on Monday so everyone should e happy with me by`the end of the month.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Happy to hear that Gwyn. My mailman will be happy when I leave him alone. Although he does have a smile on his face when I'm threatening to come onto his truck to look for myself. I suppose I owe him an apology. I'll catch him on Monday. Just let me know when you mail it Gwyn so I can start watching for it again.
Thanks
Linda
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
No, it isn't lost. It is right here in the envelope waiting to mail it. Except for being late, everything is fine. I'm doing my best to get them mailed on Monday so everyone should e happy with me by`the end of the month.
I'm confused, were you sending this package to me or did you mail it to Dawn? I am starting to get busy with my Master Gardening projects and I am afraid that I am not going to be able to devote the time to this quilt if I don't get it soon. Please Gwyn, will you just mail Dawn's center to one of us, so I can get going on it. Is there a problem?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 AM

Well, it's April and I am just now starting working on the borders on Melanie's top. I think you'll like it Melanie...
Old 04-09-2011, 02:17 PM

I was putting the final border on Star's center when I had a panic attack. When were these supposed to be mailed. I seem to have lost touch with everything since going to Alabama. Doing my best to catch up.

Are we mailing April 15th?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I was putting the final border on Star's center when I had a panic attack. When were these supposed to be mailed. I seem to have lost touch with everything since going to Alabama. Doing my best to catch up.

Are we mailing April 15th?
Yes... April 15th is mail date... I just hope it doesn't cause trouble for us since that is also TAX day....