Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Round Robin III Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky **

Hey all, thought I would drop in while I have a spare minute. My mother passed away on Friday so I have been quite busy. I'm sorry I didn't get Donna's in the mail as expected, but will send it off tomorrow. I will keep in touch, looking forward to the next round.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jodimae
    Hey all, thought I would drop in while I have a spare minute. My mother passed away on Friday so I have been quite busy. I'm sorry I didn't get Donna's in the mail as expected, but will send it off tomorrow. I will keep in touch, looking forward to the next round.
    Jodi, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of yourself.

Blog Entries
    Jodi,
    Sorry to hear about your mother. Even if expected, it's unexpected really. Like Judy said, take care of yourself.

Jodi, Sorry to hear of this, never an easy time. {{Huggs}} Hang in there !!

Blog Entries
    Jodi so sorry to hear of your loss {{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Have a Great 4th of July all !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
    Have a Great 4th of July all !!
    You, too, Carol. And a belated Happy Canada Day to Barb (was on Friday). We had company over the weekend from Canada. Unfortunately, they had a terrible time getting here on Friday - had a huge backup at the border due to an RV catching on fire at the Peace Arch crossing. But they made it and we had a great time.

Blog Entries
    Happy 4th to the Ladies.

I've been tenting for 3 days and am happy to be in a nice hotel with soft beds and showers! Never felt so good. 3 days without a mirror, though, I didn't realize I was so sun-burned. Looking forward to being home and catching that quilt.

Hey all, Thanks for the thoughts, well wishes, prayers and kind words. I did get Donnas off in the mail on the 29th. Hope it made it home ok. Donna you are the first one to get yours back. What do you think? and what does DH think? I'm still waiting on the next round. Haven't got one yet.

Still have it here Jodi, trying to contact Nay, make sure she's still at the same addie, tempted to send it straight that way, hope she hasn't moved... you'll probibly be getting something from Judy.
    I'm expecting yours the next time I go to the PO..... Looks like a fun one!!

Blog Entries
    :( :(
    I came home to an empty (of quilt) mailbox. Isn't there one on its way, Judy? I hope so! Carol - did the southwestern beauty arrive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    :( :(
    I came home to an empty (of quilt) mailbox. Isn't there one on its way, Judy? I hope so! Carol - did the southwestern beauty arrive?
    Yes, Barb, I mailed it on the first day that your postal service went back to work (Not sure of the exact date, but I know it was a Tuesday). I printed the label on 6/16 and that's when you told me not to send it because of the strike. I won't panic yet because they said mail might be slow for awhile.

Picked it up yesterday morning !! WooHoo one more stop for this one, then off to home it goes... :)

Ok I'm getting anxious, can't wait to work on the next one, but I'll paitently wait. Thank you girls for thinking of me after my Mom passed, ya'll are the greatest. What do ya'll think about doing another RR with the same group? I would love to do another one.

Blog Entries
    Carol, your top arrived today. LOVE the colours. It has this kind of peaceful feeling to it.

Blog Entries
    I moved this quilt to the top of my to-do list since I saw the mailing date is August 15. I will be out of town then and am leaving August 3, so needed to finish this early. I really wanted to piece a border, but couldn't come up with anything that didn't look too busy. A super-nice young sales girl helped me find these fabrics for a perfect match. This was a really nice top to work with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Barbara.... that's perfect !! Thanks!!! :)

Your right it is peaceful..

Good job Barabra it looks great. I love how everybodys fabric matches so good.

This has been such a fun adventure for me and would love to do another RR. Is any body else interested? I read where the host is not doing one again, and that it would be up to us to form our own groups if we wanted to do another.

Blog Entries
    I don't know how I missed the picture Barb posted of Carol's quilt. Beautiful job Barb. It did need a nice quiet border. Yours is perfect.

I think there were a few problems like the one our group had which has caused people to not be willing to host another IRR. So I believe that some people are having private groups. I know that I now belong to two groups (one consisting solely of members of a previous row robin that worked together and one of people that trust that their members will follow through with what they have signed on for).

I am willing to do another IRR with any members of this group, Jodi, so hopefully we can get more to join us.

This has been such a fun adventure for me and would love to do another RR. Is any body else interested? I read where the host is not doing one again, and that it would be up to us to form our own groups if we wanted to do another.

I was gonna post Barbaras center when I finished it but for some reason my comp. hid the pic. But I found it.....
    This is the replacement center. I know it's not the Lily but we wanted you to have something. Hope you like!!!

Barbara's replacement.
    Name:  Attachment-235717.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  140.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Absolutely beautiful, Jodi. You always come up with the perfect border for whatever quilt you are working on.

I think Barb has gone camping (or something) and won't see it for a couple of weeks. I'm sure she'll love it.

Thank you, I'm always worried that it's not right for the center.

Blog Entries
    I was gonna post Barbaras center when I finished it but for some reason my comp. hid the pic. But I found it.....
    This is the replacement center. I know it's not the Lily but we wanted you to have something. Hope you like!!!
    LADIES ---- I am BLOWN AWAY by your kindness and thoughtfulness and the wonderful quilt you have made!! In fact, I'm crying and laughing and can't believe what you have done. I LOVE it and this will always be a very special quilt for me.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

You are very welcome, you deserve something for all your hard work on all our centers. I am just so sorry about the Lily it was beautiful. Jodi

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast