Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1535

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

1) What is your favorite quilt pattern? Anything with stars especially Lemoyne stars
    2) What quilt gadget that you can not live without? Bloc loc rulers
    3) Best sewing advice... Always buy extra fabric. Than what you need. And if there is half yard left from the bold go ahead and ask for discount but go ahead and get it all. One day you'.ll say to yourself " should have. Gotten that last piece"
    4) Favorite quilt site besides "the quilting board". Quilting blogs- what are quilters blogging about.
    5) Name other crafts you do besides quilting....handpainting
    Last edited by sewmany; 10-17-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    @Barb: see post #38 on this thread for posting pics.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Hey Goldendog, do you not love Leah Day?? That project really inspired me to work on my FMQ and do patterns instead of just echo and stitch in the ditch. I was afraid because I thought it was so difficult to do FMQ on a domestic, but her blog posts were great!

I really do love her!

I went to the website...never heard of it before today...Very interesting...I can't FM at all...I think I'll start watching some videos and try some of her techniques..Thanks for mentioning it JNCT14!!!!

I may check with admin. and see about doing a Leah day quilt a long, beginning with her easiest videos, doing 1 or 2 a week. I have a book of hers telling me the easiest patterns to start with. Would anyone be interested?

Me me me me......
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    I may check with admin. and see about doing a Leah day quilt a long, beginning with her easiest videos, doing 1 or 2 a week. I have a book of hers telling me the easiest patterns to start with. Would anyone be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    I am interested.

Blog Entries
    Hi All - taking advantage of a lucid period while I taper off pain meds. Ended up having a double root canal yesterday on the adjoining teeth to the one I broke - so now I have three teeth in a row out of commission and can't chew anything. Got beautiful packages Thursday and yesterday from Amandab and sibi, will post pics tomorrow. My secret pals should get their packages Monday!

Blog Entries
    1) What is your favorite quilt pattern? Depends on the type of quilt - baby quilt - Yellow Brick Road is my go-to, for me, I want to make myself a Lucky Stars! To look and but not try to make anytime soon, any ridiculously complicated star block.
    2) What quilt gadget that you can not live without???? My bernina seam ripper
    3) Best sewing advice..Estimate how much fabric you need, then add 1/4 a yard if a seasoned quilter, more if not - leave room for miscuts and other problems!
    4) Favorite quilt site besides "the quilting board" .Quiltville
    5) Name other crafts you do besides quilting....embroider(brand new at that), scrapbook (haven't done in ages), non-quilty sewing

Oh My!!! Yes, Yes, Yes,,,I am desperate..I can't sew a straight line without a guide and can't FM for beans...What's wrong with me????

1) What is your favorite quilt pattern? Mine...There are so many but for tonight I will say Irish Chain
    2) What quilt gadget that you can not live without???? Seam ripper
    3) Best sewing advice...Listen to all advice and then do what works for you
    4) Favorite quilt site besides "the quilting board" Janet Wickell About Quilting
    5) Name other crafts you do besides quilting....Crocheting, reading

1- My fave quilt pattern? Ones by Judy Niemeyer
    2- What quilt gadget that I can't live without?
    3- Best sewing advice....be patient and don't be afraid to ask questions
    4- Fave quilting site besides the board? Quiltville
    5- Other crafts I do besides quilting? embroidery, cross stitch, beading, making dolls for charity,
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

HI ladies
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I did I went away to a weekend of scrapbooking. I am trying to make my daughter a scrapbook of her wedding. I have made over 20 scrapbooks...but this one is a HUGE challenge. The photographer took over 1700 photos...I have to go through them all and get it down to about 300 to fit them in a book. The photographer was not very good....quantity NOT quality! Don't get me started...I have said a few bad words working on this project this weekend!!!!!

Thanks ladies to sending in the questionnaire....I think I should go check out Quiltville!

I am not familiar with Leah Day?????? and FM????

Goldendog and quiltingdragon......sorry about the mouth problems...I am a total baby and hope to never have to go through what either of you had to do. Had one tooth pulled (wisdom tooth...which explains a lot) and they wanted me to come back the next week to get another pulled....well never did and that was over 30 years ago!

Marybrace...Curious Quilter is a site I go to ...but not very often...need to go back and see what Mary is up to.

Fraew thanks for the directions again....I did go looking for them last week and could not find them so thanks for sending me the number ... that was very helpful. I thought I did all of that but I will try again.

Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

MAIL CALL:

received the following this weekend:
    oneteappot
    jarenie
    sustraley
    jannie
    lstew2212

received 20...waiting on 10......yeah, I have been so good...haven't open any of them yet! Just 2 more days and I can open them all....I think this is pretty fun! What a great idea!

Barb

Blog Entries
    Sorry I am slow getting to this....

1) What is your favorite quilt pattern? Shakespeare in the Park by Judy Martin
    2) What quilt gadget that you can not live without???? Bloc Loc Rulers
    3) Best sewing advice...absolutely, always measure twice if not thrice and cut once(wish I could follow my own advice)
    4) Favorite quilt site besides "the quilting board" ...Fresh Lemons blog
    5) Name other crafts you do besides quilting....Hardanger, embroidery, house repair/improvement

Darcene, who is trying to find her mojo...

OKay please post your answers here...
    BArb[/QUOTE]

Now that I have my laptop, I can communicate again....

1. What is your favorite quilt pattern? Log Cabin by Eleanor Burns
    2. What quilt gadget that you can not live without? Seam ripper
    3. Best sewing advice.....Measure TWICE, cut ONCE.
    4. Favorite quilt site besides QB? Quilter's Cache
    5. Name other crafts you do besides quilting.....crocheting, knitting
    SEW LUVD

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got birthday candy from Quilting Dragon today. That leaves only one outstanding and I think that's pretty good for a swap this big.

Thanks to everyone for playing along!

I am reporting that I also got a package from Quilting Dragon today and I only have 1 more to receive. Quilt Dragon it was worth the wait. The cocoa mix is so welcomed since I don't drink coffee. Guess what will be on the breakfast menu tomorrow morning! Thanks.

Happy Day before my birthday to all of you....(yep it's all about me) lol

I received two more packages yesterday....MWUTeach and Quiltingdragon I think there was a spoiler alert from Jannie my package from Quiltingdragon fills kinda squishy.

Lisa and Jannie...yeah happy to hear that you have both received another package...let me know when the last one arrives...it is expected for everyone to participate....even if they send them really late. That said if anyone is missing any package please let me know. One of the stipulations put on me with the monitor of this board was everyone was suppose to do what they signed up for.

Welcome back Nurse Bonnie and congrats on your new lap top.

Thanks Mariposa, Darcene, and Nurse Bonnie for filling out the questionnaire. Darcene when I saw that you like to do home repair I immediately look to see where you live...I need home repair! I like to do it myself but I find it hard when I need an extra person, I do not have a handy husband.

Next post will be the winner of the 5 fat quarters....
    Barb

winner is............................Marybrace.....yeah I will put your fat quarters in the mail....I may have to go shopping

Barb

Hello ladies

I have sent out the November birthday addresses. Please let me know if you did not receive them.

thanks
    Barb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Happy Day before my birthday to all of you....(yep it's all about me) lol

I received two more packages yesterday....MWUTeach and Quiltingdragon I think there was a spoiler alert from Jannie my package from Quiltingdragon fills kinda squishy.

Lisa and Jannie...yeah happy to hear that you have both received another package...let me know when the last one arrives...it is expected for everyone to participate....even if they send them really late. That said if anyone is missing any package please let me know. One of the stipulations put on me with the monitor of this board was everyone was suppose to do what they signed up for.

Welcome back Nurse Bonnie and congrats on your new lap top.

Thanks Mariposa, Darcene, and Nurse Bonnie for filling out the questionnaire. Darcene when I saw that you like to do home repair I immediately look to see where you live...I need home repair! I like to do it myself but I find it hard when I need an extra person, I do not have a handy husband.

Next post will be the winner of the 5 fat quarters....
    Barb
    Barb, yours has something that isn't in anyone else's... and I still have the one from earlier in the year that came back shredded in the post office bag, but nobody from Feb-July has let me know that they haven't gotten theirs, and I posted on the board when I got it back - if your birthday has passed, and you don't have candy from me, please let me know and I will get a replacement out to you asap!

Blog Entries
    ]winner is............................Marybrace.....yeah I will put your fat quarters in the mail....I may have to go shopping

Geez, I didn't even know I entered a contest....so to find out why I'm receiving such a nice prize I read the posts backward. I'm being rewarded just for filling out a questionnaire. Just filled it out and didn't read the line about winning fat quarters. Had to laugh because in college, we were given an essay test. I was filling up my blue book ad still had some questions to go when others were turning in their tests and leaving......I couldn't believe it but plugged on and used every allotted second. Next class period the tests were returned and the professor made a statement that one person in class didn't trust hrm and answered all 10 questions rather than selecting only 8 as stated in the directions. That was 50 years ago and I still don't read all the directions.

Thanks Barb

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB!!!!! Have a wonderful day opening your gifts.

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast