Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1535

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

and....more candies!!! Thank you to Barb, Nancy (NLS) and Alice (ahwu)!!!! I am going to have so much fun on my birthday!!!

Received candies from Darcene. Thanks!

Think a 2.5 siggie would be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    I think we could just make a 2.5 finished siggie this way it would fit in with the rest of the "candy"..

I'm a January baby and the candies have been showing up at my house. I have been putting them in a ziploc back and will open them on my birthday! This is soooo.... much fun.

Blog Entries
    Question???? Has anyone used the fusible gridded pellon for assembling units of charms (like making a nine by nine patch) or an entire postage stamp quilt...does the pellon make the finished square stiff? I have vision problems so need all the help I can get...

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    Question???? Has anyone used the fusible gridded pellon for assembling units of charms (like making a nine by nine patch) or an entire postage stamp quilt...does the pellon make the finished square stiff? I have vision problems so need all the help I can get...

Thank you
    Marybrace have you actually seen the pellon method? I'll try to post you some pics. It's super easy.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    SheriR, no, I have not seem the the pellon method and would appreciate any information you can share with me.....I am DETERMINED to use my "collection" of candy and am anxiously awaiting your next swap...

I received birthday candies from Darcene, Thank you so much. Better late then never. I hope everybody had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Safe and Wonderful New Year. I am definitely going to participate in the next candy swap. I am also up to the special blocks for the swappers.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Janice, your package went out in the mail yesterday. Enjoy all the candy that comes your way.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Life finally settled down. I mailed my January candy yesterday. There is even a slim hope of the candy making it to CT for January 1. If not, I'm betting all January 1 babies are very used to their cards being late!

Blog Entries
    The January Birthday candies were mailed today...one will be late BUT if the p.o. had any hint as to the importance of these envelopes, it would make a special delivery on Jan. 1; the remaining will be early. Happy Birthday to All and to All a good time sewing.

Awwww! Not to worry about any lateness. New years day is a tough holiday for a birthday trust me!

More candies from mamaskeeto and last name Lindeman? Is that Carrot?

I haven't forgotten you January ladies. Ill get them out after this next week.
    Can you believe we almost a full year of doing this birthday candies? We just have Jan, Feb and march. Because I only have a couple of baggies left after I mail the Jan's.

Ok, I felt guilty not mailing so I got them ready and they are in the mailbox today.

Hello Ladies
    Hope everyone is well on this last day of 2013! I love the holidays but at my house they last about 10 days and it is exhausting! I have 7 siblings and they all (but 1 family) have come in town to visit. So my house has been a revolving bed hopping hotel! I had 25 for dinner on Christmas, then 37 for dinner on the Saturday after Christmas. I do get a lot of help, everyone brings something to eat or drink. But this year I learned my lesson, I have one sister (Carolyn) who is always late...she was in charge of bringing the beverages, soft and hard. Well she showed up 2 hours late!!!!! by the time she got to my house I passed out glasses to everyone and had them meet her at the door .....looking parched!
    Lesson learned! she brings dessert for now on!

I have had a lot of you asking if we will start another round....I have plans to do that...I will get the okay from the who ever I need to get it from...
    I think the signature idea is great....but I need a visual...could someone please post what they should look like. I also think the 2.5 size would be great if that is possible.

I finished my rag quilts that I was making for Christmas presents and everyone LOVED them. They turned out really nice and very cozy. I am planning on making 3 more for next Christmas, but I am going to get a better head start. ONe of the 3 will be for me! The flannel was all plaid and solid and all the plaid was purchased at a reuse (like Salvation Army) they were PJ's, robes, nightgowns and shirts. I also used the pocket and put it on the quilt and tucked in little gifts and love notes to my grandkids.
    I am going to post a questionnaire for the next round ...please PM me your answers. I will take all suggestions that you have to make this even better next year.

*****Also if anyone has not sent in package for this year swap...you will not be able to participate in 2014.
    Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

Questionnaire for 2014

1) would you like to participate in 2014? If not that is okay, please don't feel bad. just let me know...we all know life happens!

2) In 2013 we had 31 participants, so you received 30 packages during your birthday month. Would you like to increase the number? decrease the number ( original players will all be included if they want) or keep it at 31?

3) If you put increase on question 2 please put how many total you would like to have in our swap?

4) Would you like to include a signature block? Should there be guidelines for this block?

5) What changes would you like to see to make next year any better?

I truly have loved meeting all of you and consider all of you my friends. I hope to have another year of getting to know you all better. We have all shared happy times and sad times through the year. You are all a blessing to me.

Barb
    PS Please pm your answers to me...thanks for a great year!

Also when sending your answers to the questionnaire above please tell me if you are waiting on a package and who it is you are waiting on. (of course not january or february babies).

Speaking of January, more candies from Jannie and Lisa wanna be quilter. I have a beautiful center panel that I received from another swap and I am going to border it with black strips and candies.

Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
    More candies from mamaskeeto and last name Lindeman? Is that Carrot?
    yes that is Carrot

Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
    Speaking of January, more candies from Jannie and Lisa wanna be quilter. I have a beautiful center panel that I received from another swap and I am going to border it with black strips and candies.
    Hope you are having fun receiving all of the candies.....

Happy New Year to all my new friends, May you have a blessed 2014.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Happy New Year! Looking forward to spending another fun filled, candy filled year with all of you!

Barb

Happy Birthday JN!!!!!! Have a great day!!
    SheriR~

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Happy New Year! Looking forward to spending another fun filled, candy filled year with all of you!

Barb

Happy new year Barb and all y'all!
    SheriR~

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 ... LastLast