Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) >

2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM

Good Morning all! Hope everyone has a great day. Can't wait to talk with my partner and get a few more details, she is so sweet and is up for anything.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 AM

shortmom5,
You got my mom as your partner and she is really such a wonderful woman. I think you will be very happy with her as a partner
Hugs
April
Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 AM

She is so sweet in her answers! Any hints from you that she might not have given me?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 AM

Wow, love the chatter already. I just now looked at my pms and got my partner, Lynnie! We are going to have some fun here now. So Traditional scrappy. Oh that one is good for me. I was going thru a stack of old magazines and found a couple charming scrap quilts and Jillaine was on the ball as well and sent some more links then the scrap thread. Wow, I am good.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
Nclauri, Yep you get the easy girl. I sent you a PM with some questions and requests. I also put some offers in it too. Please no one worry but I am currently in the hospital with pneumonia so if I become a little loopy it's probably all the drugs. LOL I will be fine and hopefully be able to leave by the end of the weekend. The good things is I can do planning from my bed here and I can web search the heck out of it. I have no hubby or kids bugging me. I just tell the nurses and docs that I need nothing and they love to run away. Hehehehehe.
Oh Gosh Melinda,

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope everything is okay and you get out soon. You didn't even mention that while we were PMing each other. <hugs>
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM

I think Brat is wearing off on me, I have pmd my partner 3 hours ago and have not heard back yet. So Brat, we need to talk about this impatience. How do we rid ourselves of the tapping of the foot. People do have a life outside of quilting I guess. Wouldn't know why, but they do.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM

Lauri,
Well PM'ing with people is keeping my mind off the fact that I am here. I have pneumonia, I thought it was the flu and within three days things had gone way out of control. I will probably go home sometime this weekend but maybe not (I just had some good pain meds) So we need to speak colors, obviously I am using the black but what "brights" do you want. More adult brights? Kid type brights? Batik? Just plain Kona solid colors? A combination of all the previous ideas? Or does it honestly matter and me just use my judgement? I have plenty of the black kona at home, I bought a bolt awhile ago when I got it for half off plus and additional 20% off. Those are good times to buy but it's hard to get them at the same time as when you have the money. LOL. I hope that your having a good day at work.

Originally Posted by nclauri View Post
Oh Gosh Melinda,

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope everything is okay and you get out soon. You didn't even mention that while we were PMing each other. <hugs>
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I think Brat is wearing off on me, I have pmd my partner 3 hours ago and have not heard back yet. So Brat, we need to talk about this impatience. How do we rid ourselves of the tapping of the foot. People do have a life outside of quilting I guess. Wouldn't know why, but they do.
We had a late family Christmas this year..just returned from sending our youngest off to England. The house is almost empty again and I'm ready to get going on your quilt....so happy you're my partner, and that you like scrappy's like I do. I want to know just a little bit more so will pm you.....can't wait to get cutting.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
We had a late family Christmas this year..just returned from sending our youngest off to England. The house is almost empty again and I'm ready to get going on your quilt....so happy you're my partner, and that you like scrappy's like I do. I want to know just a little bit more so will pm you.....can't wait to get cutting.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM

Are you partners communicating via PM or email?
Nurse Bonnie, I am thinking about the patern so much that I dreamt it last night. Today when I woke up I thought. why not? I still want to know what were your answers to jillaine's questions so I can narrow done the options.
Reading through threads I learned you like puple and yellow? Do you want your quilt to be a surprise or do you want hints? I havent decided but I think I don't want to see it before is finished.
Andrea