Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Please let me clarify: what I meant was, if agreed with my swap buddie, that I would send a partially started project/UFO for her to finish and I would make whatever she requests. Could be one of her UFO's - - - and it would be a completely finished quilt.

I'm just thinking that many times, when someone else sees a project for the first time, they see it with a 'fresh set of eyes' and different enthusiasm. Also, knowing that they're making it (or finishing it) for their swap buddy and that there is a deadline will make it almost certain that it will be finished. A bonus would be that I would (obviously) gladly send what I've started, so less fabric outlay for my swap buddy. There would also be plenty of communication between swap buddies.

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    Got it, I could do that since I am on a roll with ufos. If I get your name. No worries here. Yep, definitely less fabric layout for the swap buddy. That fits my budget since Christmas.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

New to this group, after making 8 quilts and 22 Christmas runners and 2 table cloths as Christmas gifts I'm ready for a new challenge.

Am Canadian but in USA at least once a month so posting shouldn't be a problem..as for mailing my quilt I have a friend in Buffalo that it can be mailed to as to not have the increased postage.

Now all I need to know is how one sends a PM?

Blog Entries
    first highlight the text in my first post and select COPY from your Edit menu (or ctrl-C). Then click on my name. You'll be taken to my profile page. An option there is Send Private Message. In the message window/box, PASTE the text, then edit it with your answers. Looking forward to receiving them.
    jillaine

Jillaine - I sent you a PM a few days ago - do you respond to let us know you received it? I haven't heard anything. Just want to make sure I am on your swap list. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mmm. what happened to my response. I"m on vacation; will respond to PMs about the swap after I get back-- i.e., after the new year.

BTW, I'm capping it at 20 participants this time. Last time there were 60!!! (or something like that).
    jillaine

Phew well glad I signed up early! I thought about it and well I have a small quilt top that needs extending to make a 60x80 but its only like 20" top and bottom combined.. so that would be a challenge big time as I am stumped. Its a basic 5" charm quilt but I thought pretty quilting would make it special. dont croak everyone. its Christmas fabric. nice ..masculine tones? burgandy, forest, grey.. that is the one UFO that needs .. something other than what I did. Its a quilt top with special meaning to me even if its simple. so I was hoping for a fall quilt of sorts but this would be a great other idea if your good at maybe a special border...oh the mind of mine keeps running lol wonder if I can catch up? and your right sometimes a new set of eyes is a good thing. Happy to work with your project so long as its not paper pieced then I can not help you.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I sent you in my PM so hope you received it
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    well I woudl love to do an UFO for you, i love the idea, grat idea did that on another site and it was great, i loved what i got and she loved what she got, woo hoo, want to just pm me, i got 3, so im pretty limited,

Blog Entries
    sounds very pretty, well guyish, but im sure it is good looking as i love the cooors, a winter wonderland, have u any takers, yet, maby we coudl all do blocks to help u out if u have nto got any takers, its an idea,

Blog Entries
    Here's who I have PMs from. I haven't yet completed a review of all of these applications, so your name on this list does not yet confirm you're in. But assuming for the time being that these are complete, we've got room for 12 more.

1. jclinganrey
    2. roseirish48
    3. nclauri
    4. nexxus831
    5. lovngrandma
    6. TwinRiversFarm
    7. grandme26
    8. elisabrat
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat wrote: "I have a small quilt top that needs extending to make a 60x80"

Reminder: for this swap, the requirement is for the finished quilt to be no less than 45x60 and no larger than 60x60.
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    mine will be the smaller of them, , the 45 by 60 as I have limited space, and i for myself do alot of hand quilting, but i did some cool machine quiting for Christmas, and am anxious to do more, really looking forward to doing this swap.

Blog Entries
    Really thinking about signing up I received the most beautiful quilt from quiltermomma last time....the quilt she made me was so amazing....i will treasure it always.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Tam moo. I am grateful right now that you are giving me a bit more time to finish my DQ for you. I think I am high enough in that tree so if I do fall, won't be very far. LOL

Well I better get busyon this if I am going to join in the fun. Oh what to do what to do.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Your right and I hang my head tisk tisk brat .. your ufo is too big. I read the fine print it just didnt register. this happens all too often. I however will happily take a new quilt and it can be a suprise! yahoo! I am ready to start I love having a project to work on.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I, too am trying to decide if I will participate this year - 2013. I really enjoyed doing this last year and had a wonderful swap partner - Lynnie25. SHe made me a patriotic bargello quilt and I have used it all this winter. My husband and I talked about my 'goals' for 2013 and he made me a 'chore' list for Ye Olde Quilt Room with 8 projects I was to complete and at the bottom, he has No Other Projects are to be added to this list without prior permission. It's a big joke really, but I was so serious about doing what was on that list. Hmmm, can I make it 9 projects....I'll have to really think about this one over the weekend - while our illustrious leader Jillaine is on holiday.....
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Sent a pm to join in on this second quilt for quilters swap. I so loved the last one & know that this will be a great one, too.
    SEW LUVD

Sending you pm this evening...first time for this type of swap. It sounds like fun and the size is definitely manageable.

I sent a PM to participate. I saw your post a few days ago and I immediately wanted to participate on it but before I signed up I wanted to take a look at last years. I was amazed at the beautiful quilts made.
    I am originally from Uruguay and I have been living in FL for the last 15 years. I didn't know anything about quilting before I started quilting more than 10 years ago and I love it. Every quilt I made has been given away so I don't have any quilt at home nor I know quilters who would make a quilt for me so this is the perfect opportunity to be gifted a quilt!
    I am a little bit intimidated by the gorgeous quilts I've seen. I will definitively try to keep up with you quilters!

I have a question: Do you know already what you will be making? or will you wait for more feedback from your partner to decide?

Looking forward to be part of this amazing group.
    andrea
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

I have a question: Do you know already what you will be making? or will you wait for more feedback from your partner to decide?

andrea[/QUOTE]
    Leakus, based on last year's swap - the information you fill out on page one is sent to your swap partner. That's the basis for your quilt for her/him. You are corresponding with that partner throughout the months you're working, but hopefully, you have plenty of information to do a quilt. If you love applique, you might state that in your information, if you don't like reproduction fabrics, state that too. The more information you give your partner, the better. Of course, there are those quilters who will say "Surprise me". That can be very daunting for a new quilter - then you correspond with your partner asking for more information. Good luck.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

I am dying here!!! I sent a PM to jillaine and she is not responded. But if I understood correctly she was going to be out for a few days. That is ok, I will just wait here.
    Anyone out there planning the quilt?
    I don't know if I am in and I am already exited. My head is going from pattern to pattern but of course cannot settle. I am going towards an applique quilt. Anyone signing is fond of applique?
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Blog Entries
    Patience, ladies, patience! :-)
    (Do we have any men this year?)
    yes. Still on vacation. Back in a couple of days. Can tell you that while a few more people have signed up since my posting of the list above, there is still room for a few more. So if you've sent me a complete app as of this time stamp, you're probably in. I won't be confirming that though til after I'm home and set up my tracking system and review all the apps.

Please be sure you've answered all the questions on the form.

Jillaine
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    And leakus and vinny, vanogay is right on. Don't start your quilt until you are matched. I won't make matches until we have a full contingent of 20 or til after 1/15, whichever comes first. You will receive info about your partner and what she wants and as vanogay said, you should connect with your partner for more specifics. You'll be making a quilt for each other. Please re-read the opening post. Sorry, but you'll just have to contain your enthusiasm a bit longer.
    jillaine

I will I will! Enjoy your vacation. I will take the opportunity to tide up my house for a gathering Monday, then I need to put back together my sewing room as we just installed new flooring and all is upside down.
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast