Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Putting on the bindng. . . . .

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    I am hoping I get mine done by end of May. DH will be out of town and a three day weekend then, will be great focus time. Been so busy with yard work and garden that I haven't done any sewing hardly at all.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Jane, let me know when you're ready to mail. I think I have a box, but will go check that out and I'll be ready when you are. I'm really excited to see what is coming!!! And I hope you like the way yours came out. That's always the 'other side of the coin'.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Ok just getting all the borders on and will be at the long armer by June 1st. Her turn around is quick so we should be a go for mid June.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    top is done--ready for layering and quilting soon as i finish this other one--two blocks and borders to quilt on it.

Mine is being quilted as I type and then its just binding and mailing so I will make a June 1st mailing to twinriversfarm.. better early than last second. I know I made you wait a long time but hope you love it when it comes. I am jazzed and excited to see the quilts start coming in!! I can't wait to get mine either! and no sneak peaks.. we have been very good at not sharing our quilts.. big suprise!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    I swear to you that I am going to learn this camera-thingy so I can post a picture ! I have started auditioning empty boxes to mail your quilt in, and I will miss having it on my wall (sniff), but my NEW quilt will look awesome there ( YEAH!). Do we have to wait for the thumbs up from Jilliane to mail them? Ooooh, so exciting!
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Would help if I attached photos.
    Definitely picture one with the brown. This will be so pretty!
    Anna Quilts

I printed off Jane's address today so I can get the box ready. My sister is coming this weekend for the Quilts of Valor meeting and she really wants to see the finished product. After that, I'll have it boxed and ready to go as soon as we get the green light....
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Did decide on a border. Now to assemble that top.

Blog Entries
    Am I a hoarder or what! I just found a Thank You card from one of my partners last year, NancyJo. I still have the beautiful family photo she sent along. What a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    let's try this again without giving away the store. Snippet, quilted by charisma

Attachment 412269
    Jillaine, I don't know what to say. It is so beautiful. It is just my style and taste and the colors are perfect. It's like you visited my house I LOVE IT!!!

I have a few seems left to press and the top will be finished!!! YEA!!! I have the back and the batting waiting...just need to lay it on and bast and start the quilting!!!

Ok I learned a lesson on this quilt: when mixing batiks and cottons one has to be very careful of the stretch especially on the binding. Mine waffled a bit? What I did wrong: I had a long strip of fabric I sewed on as binding and cut when I hit the end. Instead of doing what I should have which is cutting a strip of fabric the length I needed and fitting it on as I sewed. This would have prevented that bit of waffle. (wave?). sigh lessons learned. still love that quilt. it will look smashing on your wall or even better yet on your lap!
    Linda

I am piecing the back so it is not plane. My goal is to sandwich it tomorrow and then I'll start the quilting in my home machine. Looking forward to it. I really want to start that phase already so I don't have to rush myself to meet the deadline. I am worried now that my partner hasn't been on the board no has answered PM or emails but I love the quilt and enjoyed the process, wish I had more interaction with my partner.
    leakus
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    Ok just getting all the borders on and will be at the long armer by June 1st. Her turn around is quick so we should be a go for mid June.
    Hey Nexxus!

I am quilting mine so it is taking me a while. I have also had to go out of town for work a few weeks and am leaving again today, but I think I can get it done by the end of May. (Fingers crossed).
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day next weekend.

Lauri
    (nclauri)

Well I have the binding sewen on now to hand stitch it down. Dose anyone else press the binding after sewing on? I find if I press it down it stitches so much faster.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Asking for Prayers for the people of Moore, OK. My oldest daughter teaches in Oklahoma City at a school about 10 blocks from the destruction, kids and parents both were very scared. My other daughter is in Tulsa, they are keeping that city on alert also.

i second your prayer call. I am so sad for those affected by this disaster. I hope everyone is thankful for what we all have. a roof? our belongings which matter so much.. our lives are not touched. But for those who are now forced to start over, who lost it all, who were frightened like there is no tomorrow.. I hope you give your heartfelt best wishes for them. If you can help them do it. If you cant send a thought of hope. They sure need it now.
    Linda

This is such a sad Thing. All are in our prayers and thoughts. My husband always says if you thing your having it tuff look all around you, he's so right. We don't have alot but so thankfull for what we do. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    Asking for Prayers for the people of Moore, OK. My oldest daughter teaches in Oklahoma City at a school about 10 blocks from the destruction, kids and parents both were very scared. My other daughter is in Tulsa, they are keeping that city on alert also.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Blog Entries
    2 years ago a tornado hit our town and took out many homes and hit the elementary school directly. Thank God (and we did!) it was a sunday afternoon and the school was empty, and although 3 people died, we were unbelievably lucky. Now it has really hit home just how blessed we were. I know our town will be sending all we can to help.
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Lauri,

Please no hurry I have been super busy and probably won't have mine done until middle June.

Quote Originally Posted by nclauri View Post
    Hey Nexxus!

I am quilting mine so it is taking me a while. I have also had to go out of town for work a few weeks and am leaving again today, but I think I can get it done by the end of May. (Fingers crossed).
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day next weekend.

Lauri
    (nclauri)
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

2013 quilts for quilters swap

Here's a peak at the quilt I'm finishing up for Quiltermomma.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Always amazed when the pic actually comes up......yeah!.......hope you like what you see Beth.

Blog Entries
    I like, blue yeah!!! wondering what the rest looks like. Getting excited. Hey did we set a date to be ready to mail. I know you have things coming up here real soon. I am still assembling the blocks, but have decided on the border and have enough for the binding. Wont take me long to quilt since I have the longarm out in the garage to get r done with. Feeling better as long as I don't lift to heavy and no more digging holes, muscles don't want me working them that hard yet. yes, I won and the 22 plants of tomatoes are in the ground. Victorious! All gardening is finally done till the rain stops then will do some weeds, but they are not real excited to come up thankfully. Let me know my deadline date please!

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast