Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Blog Entries
    OOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHHHHH, WOW WOW WOW!!!! That is real perty girlfriend. Did you know you were my girlfriend also?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

WOw, double WOW, - that is just beautiful Jane. It will be double loved!!! Can't find a picture of the one coming your way - know I took one. Are we washing?
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Marybeth, sounds like you have been busy busy busy. Glad you are having fun and getting paid for it.

I have the top done, quilted; need to to the binding and label. The 10th might be a stretch, will see what I get done over the weekend. I will need to sew the binding down by hand and it is going to be a hot one this weekend. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Talk soon. Libby

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Libby, how about mailing on the 10th of June... LOL just to be different! Actually I will also be out of town weekend of the 15th, but I am ready now so let me know what works for you. I will send a pm. I can't believe it is almost 4 am. I just finished up a tee shirt quilt order, gotta start cranking them out I have a job! As a seamstress for a Fashion Consultant who is really into retro clothing! Most of what she deals in is the 60's and 70's. but I have some awesome 50's outfits to alter also. She said it is not a full time job, but Dang looks like it to me! The pay is excellent and I can work at 4 in the morning if I want! Gotta love when you have a job and go to work in your jammies!

Quilting is my first love, but working on costumes is a pretty close second! She might even let me make some outfits from scratch if we find the right patterns! Yippie... Ok I think I might go to bed now LOL

Kathleen - -

I didn't wash yours per your request. Would appreciate if you washed mine - - cats make me sneeze - - -

Jane
    Jane

Will get washed this weekend - rolled with the brush again and put back in the space bag to mail. (and if I snuggle with my ginger cat, he makes me sneeze, too!)
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    Well, Linda, I really tried to mail your quilt today, but was sytmied by the post offices all having shortened their hours on Saturdays. So "india" will be mailed on monday, I promise!
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

I finished my quilt today! Yeah. just need to wash it.

Beth, do you want your quilt washed?

Blog Entries
    Peggy, I should be through with your quilt, by the end of this week...need to find out when you want to mail??

Jane - quilt in mail this morning. Due to you by Wednesday 6/5. I really hope you like it!
    Kathleen

Miriam I am mailing today also but waiting for Jillians approval I think since we both are ready to go its ok I hope. I am so excited and cant wait to see your reaction. better be honest with me btw. if you hate it I will pay for postage home lol but you wont be getting yours back. No one as ever made me a quilt before. This is very special.

I love that quilt that was posted. I would have a hard time passing that one on its so pretty!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Mailed my quilt to Jane today - here is picture of it. Sure hope she enjoys using it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kathleen

Kathleen that is HUGE you both must have agreed to larger quilts wowsa! very pretty and love the scrappy windows!

mailed mine to you Twinriverfarm hope I am not in trouble off to send the tracking number to Jilliane! I cant wait to get mine!!! big secrets we kept with each other no clues as to the design. Mine is called Frog Pond! and the one I am getting is Passage to India I think so this will be a fun reveal. Ok big secret give away: mine is square. lol now take that with you somewhere.. not sure where but somewhere.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Linny, no, that is not necessary. Yours is fresh and neat and tidy. I generally don't wash them until they need it. Yours will not have any markings on it or any pet or smoke in it either. DH has quit smoking!! He has been cig free since December 31. I am so overjoyed. He is sleeping better and breathing better already. Amazing what those things will do to ya. I am still working on that king on the frame, but hoping to finish yours this weekend and mail on Monday. At least that is my goal. Will let you know.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6101808]Kathleen that is HUGE you both must have agreed to larger quilts wowsa! very pretty and love the scrappy windows!

============

Mine was actually a UFO and I sent Kathleen approx. 1/2 of the top already pieced. So she added to it and finished it. Yeah!!!

Kathleen - -

It's fabulous! Can't wait!!!

Jane
    Jane

boy wish mine was cigarette free! he is up to 2 packs a day now that he got laid off, plus injured his leg, he just sits outside and smokes. ugh. at least it is NOT in the house. I mentioned it he said he was going to prove he is only smoking a pack a day and marked the pack. not til later did I realize he has the pen lol he can mark another pack the same way.. good trick cowboy.
    Linda

Here's a peek at mine.

Mine is complete and here's a peek, you can even get a peek at the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Thanks Beth. I'll be waiting to see if I mail yours on Monday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Mailed my quilt to Jane today - here is picture of it. Sure hope she enjoys using it!
    A beautiful quilt! I love the look of it. You did a great job on it. What is the pattern name?
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    Mine is complete and here's a peek, you can even get a peek at the back.

Love your quilt! Very pretty colors and fabrics. Its very exciting seeing all of the completed quilts.
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

Buddysmom, that is one pretty peek. Bet the rest of the quilt is as pretty. If your partner doesn't want it, send it my way - like them colors, yep, pretty!!
    Kathleen

Thanks so much. I love how it turned out, I love civil war fabric's almost as much as 30's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Buddysmom, that is one pretty peek. Bet the rest of the quilt is as pretty. If your partner doesn't want it, send it my way - like them colors, yep, pretty!!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Jane, I have a confession to make. You'll see when you get your box with the quilt. I really messed up on your name when I addressed the box - it's to jane clinganrey, not Jane Reynolds. Don't know what I was thinking - or what I wasn't thinking. Anyway, I'm falling on my sword to apologize for that and also to let you know I'll be sending another box. I forgot to include the excess pieces of fabric I didn't use. You may want that for something.
    Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by zzmom View Post
    A beautiful quilt! I love the look of it. You did a great job on it. What is the pattern name?
    All I have is two pages with the cutting instructions and it says Gemstones. Don't know where the pattern is from, though. Jane?????
    Kathleen

I am Buddy'smom swap partner and I LOVE the colors and from what I see there may be tears shed when I see all of it. Just the sneak peak is so beautiful. I hope you will be happy with yours, it is at the quilters and hopefully will be done soon. I will message you when I get it back.

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast