Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

This was a great swap, I had a lot of fun. All the quilts are gorgeous. Hope to find another swap as fun.

Kind of sad.. I finished my partner's quilt last week and told her I could mail it Saturday and havent heard from her or Jillaine. I know it's been just a few days but I was exited about exchanging the quilts already. I guess the wait is just hard after all these months working on it.
    I love what I've seen. Any others waiting for the exchange?
    Andrea
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Blog Entries
    Hang in there Andrea! This is the time of year where vacations, visitors and outdoor stuff drag us all away from our computers. Who is your partner? Check her profile for recent posts, there may be a clue there. Yup, the waiting is the hardest part, but so worth it!
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

OH yes it is so worth it!

EMC there is a new Round Robin on the quilting board starting! if your looking for something fun to do you might go check it out they are setting up groups of five and its open til the 15th of this month for sign ups. It is a bit different than a row robin as you start with a center piece that is then sent to the next person. they make a designated size round to go 'around' the center, then its passed on to another player who makes the next round and so on. In the end you have a quilt top that has been beautifully designed by the whole team. I think its a fun way to play with different fabrics and colorways without having to do a whole quilt top in each style.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    WOW, some pretty quilts. Love those patterns. I have to behave, lots to do with what I have.

Jillaine is on vacation right now, she posted that a "few" pages ago. Just in case you needed to know. Saw someone asking earlier is all. Just FYIing.

You sales person Elisabrat. Hey how about that Boom 10 swap going on, any takers there?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries

I received a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

I received a beautiful quilt with some of my favorite colors in it from LovingIzabella! I love it. Its even quilted with some awesome little bicycles in it. It will be treasured for years to come. Thank you April!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

Love your quilt too, zzmom. It's so fresh in colors and the bicycle quilting is great..never have seen that before. Very nice LovingIzabella!

Elisabrat...
    I have been thinking about that one, but don't want to second guess myself for a year on whether I am up to snuff or not. So... my other thought was I would have a round robin all by myself. I would make the center, but then add the rounds by drawing a "rule" for that round. I'll have a finished top when complete and maybe the confidence to join in the next time. Thanks for pointing the swap out though.

roseirish48, I tracked it and it says it was delivered!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!

Blog Entries
    Name:  q4q rec'd from yosemitesa.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  79.1 KB rec'd my quilt from Yosemitesa today. gorgeous blues and lots of variety. I hope she likes hers as much as I love this one. i am surprised that we both chose very traditional patterns.

YEA!!! So glad you like it!!! Enjoy cuddling with the doggies.

So thrilled you love your quilt Marilyn!!
    I received mine yesterday and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!! Thank you so very much!! You did an amazing job with the pattern and the colors could not be any better for me (Orange is my favorite color for those who may not know me lol)
    I will treasure this quilt and the matching mug rug for years to come. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart to my new friend
    Hugs
    April
    PS I cannot get great pictures so I will ask hubby to help me tonight and get them posted.

It is beautiful. I love the colors and the quilting is awesome!

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emc1118 View Post
    This was a great swap, I had a lot of fun. All the quilts are gorgeous. Hope to find another swap as fun.
    Pincushion swap! I love it! It is now the only other one I do!

It came!!!! I'm in love!!! Trying to post pic from my phone....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  819.2 KB

Blog Entries
    glad you like it---not as bright as i originally thought it would be but ended up more French Provincial romantic which i think would make it very much yours and not likely to be grabbed by the hubby.

Oh all you ladies have outdone yourselves they are all so beautiful
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Yosamitesa and Roseirish what beautiful quilts you have made for each other. I think I could curl up easily with either of them!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Love your quilt too, zzmom. It's so fresh in colors and the bicycle quilting is great..never have seen that before. Very nice LovingIzabella!
    Thank you, I do too! She did a great job on it!!
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

[QUOTE=Yosamitesa;6158148]It came!!!! I'm in love!!! Trying to post pic from my phone....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  819.2 KB[/QUOTE
    What a lovely and refreshing quilt!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Beautiful quilts, wonderful to see so many different patterns and color combinations! The blue/yellow remind me of Paris!

Love the quilts you made for each other roseirish and Yosemitesa..lots of cuddling up under some beautiful quilts.

I love all the quilts posted. They are so beautiful!

Oh my, Please tell me I am not the last one finishing? I really hate missing a deadline. I am plugging away every minute I can spare but my arthritic hands and Carpal Tunnel are slowing me down. Jillaine's quilt is about 90% done with the hand quilting and then just the label/binding/washing.

Am I really the last one? I am so sorry Jillaine. I can tell you that I really love it and hope you do too.

Has anyone thought of doing/or has done a bed runner swap? I've seen them in magazines and it looks like a really neat way to change up your bed say for the holidays or the seasons. Plus my cats always sleep on the end of the bed and it would be easier to wash a runner than a quilt. It also would keep your feet warmer in the winter. I'd be interested in joining a swap.

Blog Entries
    No you are not the only straggler. I am waiting on the quilt for my partner to come back from the quilter and my partner is plugging along on mine. We will get there very soon.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

I have mine done but haven't heard from my partner to mail it. So waiting here. I hope she and her family are all right. She mentioned her brother had health problems and she was going to visit him.
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast