Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
I love round robins. If there is an opening, I would love to be part of it.
Hi Mary! It looks like we are full now, but I'll keep your name on a waiting list, if that's ok. Sometimes things happen where we need another person to fill in. Thanks for your interest!
Old 06-04-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hi Mary! It looks like we are full now, but I'll keep your name on a waiting list, if that's ok. Sometimes things happen where we need another person to fill in. Thanks for your interest!
That's fine. Thank you!
Old 06-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

So our quota of 6 has been filled, barring any personal changes before we start! We have the following participants:

LeeAnn
Rebaquilts
Iceblossom
givio
sewbizgirl
(Reba's friend)

Everyone can now get their center block prepared and ready to mail no later than June 22. Addresses forthcoming.

Reba, could you give us the name of your friend, and how to keep in touch with her? Thank you.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:37 PM

Looks like we are moving along now! :-)

I agree, lets have lots of pictures posted, and our participants should take a few minutes, a few times per week, to write a comment, to check to see what everyone is doing, to show their own progress, or help with any questions that need to be answered.

We are closing in on 2 weeks left before our first mail date!
Old 06-05-2020, 08:11 AM

LeAnn, you are in, let us know your mailing address ;-) Reba
Old 06-05-2020, 08:26 AM

Hi all, looks like my friend is out for now, she said raincheck after I showed her the other round robin quilts I have. A bit about me, I've been sewing for over 40 years (choke) how does time fly? I have an extensive collection of sewing machines, some of which repairs are in progress. I am currently sewing on a little Kenny machine and another I am restoring, just need to figure out why the feed dog lever isn't dropping. I have mint convertible super high shank Kenmores x 3, a centennial 221 featherweight in fantastic condition, a 301 in an original trapezoid blonde mid-century cabinet in mint condition, a custom 222 featherweight painted my favorite color purple (my preferred machine out of my whole collection), a mint teal kenmore crinkle finish in a mid-century blonde cabinet, a centennial singer 20, a Jones swan neck, a mint Wilcox and Gibbs, and the list goes on. I also have a working treadle on which I just might sew one of these round robins. I just picked up a mint blue and white mid-century Riccar in a black cabinet (the machine is mint, the cabinet needs a good coat of black enamel paint, the current black paint is rough). I can't wait for this new project to inspire me, and I hope to get each of you a work of art. Hugs to all! Reba
Old 06-05-2020, 09:10 AM

Such a nice introduction, Reba, thank you!

I had so much on my mind that I took the afternoon off from work today. I have a full time job.

Last year I was contending with hospital visits due to being ill and didn't do much else. Before that I often sewed daily, or anyway, at least a block a week. My Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt top is up to 80 blocks now. Recently, I tend to do errands, house work, cooking for packed lunches, or watch a movie on week nights. My sewing time is usually on the weekends. I love a commitment to get me motivated and was so glad to see that Reba posted she would like to do a RR. The creativity that goes into RR tops is so fun! They are always one-of-a-kind!
Old 06-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Here is the beginning of my 18" center. It's a little economy block with a Travel motif-- for my quilt top that will be traveling to your homes! :-)
Attached Thumbnails p1010116.jpg  
Old 06-05-2020, 09:54 AM

Hi all, I stayed home this afternoon as well. 80 blocks? wow, so inspiring. I wanted to do the dear jane quilt for a while, but this one sounds just as good. I looked it up, the farmer's wife looks a bit easier for sure.

Looks like our final list is:

Iceblossom
Rebaquilts
givio
sewbizgirl
Maryb119
LeeAnn

Can we exchange addresses privately? I promised to be after Iceblossom if her center was bigger I will be happy to do the biggest border. We will send to the same person every month. I also would like to know if you all would be willing to have me send a little scrapbook so you can write in your inspiration, include a photo or something in it to document the progress? I'm so excited!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yay, Maryb119! You are in! I think it makes it a lot easier to communicate when we are all board members and can use this thread to share.

So Reba, are we sending to the next person in the list, with the last person sending to the person on top? We can share addresses with just that person, privately in a pm.

Reba, I would love it if you could post some pics of those RRs you have done before. It would inspire us!