Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 11-20-2021, 07:40 PM

Agree, Agree! a lovely piece. Not difficult. What attracts me is the colors. I like the cohesiveness of the colors in this quilt. I have plenty of left overs, actual yardage, of some of the colors from my Harriett's Journey quilt that I could use to make this one. And it would be another opportunity to refine on my on-point skills. I love scrappy but I am not wild about random scrappy at the moment. I have started to lean toward the planned scrappy side of my collection. What a good find Sewbizgirl! Thank you for the fresh ideas. You are so good that planting seed of new ideas in us all..
Old 11-21-2021, 11:36 AM

Oh dear, yes of course, we must all come back next year. I would love to see the Swap group. Although I seem to be more of a collector than a user of the charms. Ahem, yeah. And I’ve taken to buying them probably not good. As it’s left me with a lot of colors that I don’t use often. I love purple and have very little of it which surprises me. But then when I go to buy purple fabric I don’t find a lot of it either.

anyway yes for the swap and yes to move the date back.

I missed the winter swap because I’ve been dealing with health stuff still. If you guys are ever in need of a swap partner please holler I love to swap. it would be fun to swap blocks too, maybe as a centralized? We make 12 blocks send them all in to one person and they sort them and ship them back. I would think it would save on postage, which just keeps going up. Rambling and need to be sewin.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:51 PM

Uh oh.... my machine went "clunk" and all my lights blinked off and on and off. I restarted the machine and it kept on going. I obviously need to take this sweetie into the shop before I keep on working on my candy creations. I cleaned and oiled it the other day as per the owner's manual because it sounded sluggish. Nothing out of the ordinary by way of fluff and then this noise, today. I'm just grousing. It is a 2005 Singer from Sam's so it isn't a high end Bernina or Pfaff. The tune up is likely going to cost more than the machine, lol. But I love my machine and hate to hear it groan so now to find a local shop willing to take it on. I am grateful for the years it has given me. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2021, 05:14 AM

Just a reminder that we do not have a December birthday, just in case you were watching for a message with name and address.

For many of us, today is cooking and prepping for tomorrow's feast and gatherings. Take pleasure in your abundance and the the joy in preparing food and home to bless others. The joy of cooking is more than the name of a cookbook. It is an activity we don't often stop to consider. I will be making pies and fruit kabobs this morning.

To you and your families I wish a most Blessed Thanksgiving day and weekend.
Attached Thumbnails happy-thanksgiving.jpg  
Old 11-24-2021, 07:36 PM

Our girls and their cousins came down with the stomach bug, so we are postponing our big Thanksgiving celebration for Saturday. But I can't bear to have a Thanksgiving Day with no celebration, so I'm going to make a pumpkin pie for us to enjoy tomorrow.

WMUTeach, are you making the fruit kabob turkey? If you do, please share a picture? I still really want to try it.

Ibex94, I'm sorry about your machine! Honestly, I'm surprised that a Singer nowadays has lasted that long! Singer doesn't make them like they used to. I would say you got a long life out of it! I had a Sam's Club 'heavy duty' singer back in 2013 and it barely lasted three years. Now I only sew on vintage Singers (and one vintage Pfaff.)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for!
Old 11-25-2021, 01:11 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Attached Thumbnails thanksgiving-blessing.jpg  
Old 11-26-2021, 06:18 AM

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I've got enough leftovers I won't need to cook for the rest of the weekend, which mens more time for sewing!
Old 11-26-2021, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

We had a lovely time with my son and his family here from Iowa. They flew out at 6:30am today. I got to meet my new grandbaby boy! He is a total doll. And my little granddaughter is always a joy. It was a great Thanksgiving with no food disasters. Also it's our first in the new Memphis house.

I hope all of you were able to be with loved ones yesterday, whether family or friends...
Old 11-26-2021, 07:04 PM

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving yesterday. We took our first trip out since last year and had the holiday with my sister's in-law. Baby girl had a great time with her cousins and we had lots of fun hanging out.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:10 PM

Hello All-
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving in whatever format it took. I scheduled company to come to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. Later I agreed with my husband that I wasn't up to it. I called everyone to cancel. An hour later my husband called everyone to say the dinner was on. He decided to cook! On the day, all the sides were on the table, steaming hot. More sides than I ever served. But no Turkey! It needed another hour to cook! By the time the Turkey was finished cooking, everyone was too full from the sides. Needless to say, Everyone got lots of leftovers to take home!