Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 08-10-2021, 05:56 PM

got my candies in the main yesterday. I've not done any sewing for several weeks now.
DH and I had settled on a plan for remodeling the kitchen in the studio apartment (my sewing area) that involved building a dividing wall, but then as we got to talking we decided we liked the openness better, so I rearranged me sewing area and painted the east wall (since we would not be building one that joined into it) and before I could get things put back together, DH got the outside painting done and we started on the kitchen remodel. Meant moving everything out of the kitchen area and into the sewing area.

We are on the "putting back together" phase now - electrical work is all done and walls patched (ready to install tile backsplash) and the lower cabinets are painted and installed (though the doors are not back on yet). Range fan is installed and today we started getting the butcher block countertop ready to install. figured out where the cuts need to be made and I'm sealing the underside and then we'll flip it over, cut, sand and seal. Probably means I won't be able to sew for a few more weeks, but progress is being made!.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:01 AM

Macybaby, so many changes and so much planning. Now, so much progress. Keep up the good work and we will see your next quilting project as soon as the dust settles and the paint brushes dry.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:54 AM

You gals are exhausting me with your moving and renovations. Oh how I will hate to get back to AZ and have to unload. And since I have acquired fabric along the way I will have to reorganize. But for now - this is what has come in:
Crispy Frog 7-Aug
LorMarSzon 7-Aug
WendyMcD/Yarn Fairy 7-Aug
BarbaraKibler23 9-Aug
Sewbizgirl 9-Aug
Gaijin 10-Aug
Irish Mom 10-Aug
Loveofquilts 10-Aug
NZQuilter 10-Aug

Thank you one and all
Old 08-12-2021, 10:10 AM

OMG, mine should have gotten there by now! Silly post office. Good thing it isn't your birthday yet!
Old 08-12-2021, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Here is my Jacob's Ladder, top all finished. I wanted to give a scrappy quilt to my daughter's next door neighbor. He's done so much to help them with their house renovation. So I am going to show him this one and one other and let him choose. Last is a photo of my adorable GD at preschool.

Attached Thumbnails img_1456.jpg   img_1457.jpg   img_1455.jpg  
Old 08-12-2021, 02:28 PM

SewBizGirl -- Your Jacob's Ladder looks great! Was it totally scrappy or did you try to stay in certain color tones?

Also, your granddaughter is adorable! I was a preschool aide for six years - I love that age. (although the boy in the background practicing his kung-fu moves makes me giggle)

Old 08-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Irishmom, sad to say I did not pay much attention to the color values. I was making it from a photo rather than a pattern, so I missed a few color clues. I found out how many reds and Oranges I had. I think that’s because I have pulled out a lot of the blues to do an all-blue scrappy quilt not long ago.

My GD is loving pre-school, but she gets sick like every other week. It’s a real germ incubator!
Old 08-12-2021, 04:34 PM

Sewbizgirl, beautiful quilt! It definitely looks snuggle worthy. Lol! Oh your GD is absolutely adorable. Makes me smile, I miss my son being that age.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:39 PM

I have been sewing along on my Jacob's ladder and loving it so far. Not ready to post a photo but I did finish three more squares this afternoon. My fingers, eyes and neck needed a break from the laptop and work. I discovered that I need more HSTs in two of my color choices.(I am doing green, blue, and purple.) So it is back to HST land for a day. Perhaps more squares this week-end.

I was a preschool teacher and director for about half of my professional life. Swore I would never teach three-year-old but...I did for 10 years and loved them to pieces. Those were my good old days. Eventually, I ended up introducing university students to how fascinating preschool children are and to take joy in their silliness and discoveries. Now, I love those big kids too.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:11 AM

SBG, Your GD is adorable. My daughter was in a Co-op preschool. It was such a wonderful experience for her and for me. So good that I went to work part time over there.

And The Jacob's Ladder definitely gives me a boost to want to get my going. It has been dropping down to my get to it list. I am looking forward to getting some quilting done when my daughter starts school.