Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 01-01-2023, 04:58 PM

Thank you, WMUTeach! I am looking forward to your entertaining us again in 2023.

Logcabin82 -- great job on that star! How do you like the templates?
Old 01-02-2023, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for a great year of birthday swapping, Linda! See y'all over in the 2023 thread!
Old 01-06-2023, 06:08 AM

I know this thread is winding down as the new year's swap ramps up, but I just wanted to share that my twins arrived on December 27th, via an emergency C-section. I had gone in that day for my 36 week ultrasound and it was discovered that 1) my preeclampsia numbers was starting to go up, 2) the membrane that separates the two placentas was beginning to split and potentially break all together and 3) Baby B, our son, had growth restrictions from his placenta starting to wear out. They had me in the operating room in just a few hours. Grace Matilda was born at 6:02pm and weighed 5lbs even. Allen James was born at 6:04pm and weighed 4lbs 7oz. Their cries were such a happy sound as I lay on the operating table getting put back together! Since Allen was so small, he was taken to NICU for monitoring, where he unfortunately had to stay for 6 long days. But I was able to hold them both before he was taken away. Grace was allowed to stay with me the whole hospital stay, which I am so grateful for!

Grace and I were discharged after four days and it was heartbreaking leaving Allen behind in NICU. The NICU nurses were pure gold, but leaving was so hard! He came home two days later, and it wasn't until I saw both my babies together again that I felt like I could celebrate their birth. When I look at them together I feel like the luckiest woman ever!

C-section recovery has been way harder than a normal birth recovery, but without the C-section I would have lost both babies in utero and wouldn't have known they had passed until it was too late. We are so blessed to live in a time with modern medical knowledge!
Old 01-06-2023, 06:10 AM

I'm trying to share pictures. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time loading them... Let's see if this works.
Attached Thumbnails img_20221228_125759.jpg   img_20230105_114815259.jpg   img_20230102_174333902-2.jpg  
Old 01-06-2023, 06:19 AM

Congratulations NZquilter on the wonderful outcome to such a precarious delivery! God bless your family as you learn how to live with two more children in the household.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

Welcome Grace and Allen! What lovely babies! One baby is truly a miracle, but how much more so are two? It's just amazing to see them both and think how they could have grown and been born at the same time! Congrats to you and your whole family, NZ!

My daughter will probably be having her scheduled C section in about a week, if baby doesn't break out sooner. We had a bit of a false alarm earlier this week. DD was "leaking" fluid which is how her last delivery started. But after ultrasound confirmed the sack was not broken, they advised her to wait and take it easy, and see if the little guy could stay put for another week or so. He is all filled out and so cute, from his pictures. I was already packed and on the road to Memphis when they told me to turn around and go home-- false alarm. My suitcase is still packed and I'm ready for that call, whenever it comes!
Old 01-06-2023, 10:51 AM

Thank you for dropping us a note, NZ. Your life must be busy as you heal and juggle the family and you remembered to get in touch with us. We love you for it! Heartiest of congratulations!!
Old 01-06-2023, 04:09 PM

What beautiful babies NZ! Congratulations all over again! 👏 Sorry you had to go through the c section, I've heard it is harder to recover from. Just so happy that you had both of them and they were healthy and happy. 😊 Much love to your family.
Old 01-06-2023, 04:18 PM

Oh, NZ what cute little beans! The photo of Grace and Allen reminds me of my "grandtwins" snuggled together face to face fast asleep and content to be back together in the same space. Yes, you will be oh, so busy but big breath and cherish the moments you have with them as a pair and as little wee individuals. You said it well about the blessings of modern medication's ability to save the lives of the children and preserve you and your health as well. Give them an extra little hug from your swapping friends and from time to time give up an update on your adjustment to motherhood with twins and their sibs. Post photos as you feel is appropriate. I know that not everyone is comfortable with sharing photos of their children online. Follow your own conviction. Prayers for peace, healing, growth and wisdom for you and your lovely family. Lurk in the 2023 thread any time....when you have time.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:07 PM

Congratulations on meeting your new wee ones NZ! I’ve been absent from the board and wondered how you were doing. I’m so glad you had short hospital stays. I’m sure the older girls are big helpers. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.