Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 5" Charm Theme: I-Spy!

I have had a few emails asking to keep them informed for future swaps if we do Christmas, so I am thinking perhaps we may skip this one for a bit.

I'm thinking of posting a new one the week of Thanksgiving, with a due date of the first week or two of January. That way the holidays will not force people to not participate, giving everyone time to do it, if they so choose.

I am leaving on a vacation tomorrow (Punta Cana....10 of us!) celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. So I will post the day I get back. That will give people time to post more suggestions on what swap we should do

Happy I-Spying everyone!

Happy 30th. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Red, I have been lost this past month, not participating in the I-spy swap. I just don’t have fabrics that appeared to work in this category unless you wanted an entire pack of “I spy a flower” hahaha.
    I will be curious to see what your next swap subject will be.
    I will enjoy seeing all the swappers treasures pictures.

ENJOY your anniversary !
    When I grow old I will wear Red and Purple, and imagine a world where fabric is free and Quilting makes you thin !

Yet another fly-by post as I'm scrambling to get ready for another craft fair, but here's a fast picture of some crayon pouches I just made from the squares in this swap. Well, actually, the Spider-Man fabric and the crayon fabric were some I already had, but the rest are from the swap. Off to grab some lunch and then I gotta get started working on more stuff! Three more craft fairs to go, for this year.

Name:  crayonholders-small.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  210.9 KB

Blog Entries
    moonrise, you are so talented I love all the things you make. I need to buy some Christmas fabric, it would be nice to have a swap of 5" charms of Christmas.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I received my charms. Feed back tomorrow.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Great swap! Thanks to everyone. Thank you to everyone who sent the little extras! Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Blog Entries
    Moonrise, such a cute craft! If only my two grand kids could keep the crayons put in something/anything after proper use!!!
    Honestly I had to ban them from my home, the crayons not the kids. My beautiful embossed white wallpaper that is above the chair railing in the dining room just didn’t look that great with navy and red crayon scribbles all over it 😖😩😡. Papa just smiled when I spotted it.
    When I grow old I will wear Red and Purple, and imagine a world where fabric is free and Quilting makes you thin !

Here is how I used your wonderful charms! This month with all the company, I needed something to do by hand and without too much thought! I really am happy how it turned out - still have to do quilting but wanted to show it off to you'll . Happy New YEar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

That is wonderful - what a great use of the I-Spy charms!

That is a great hexie I Spy, TG! I see you got some of mine...
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm impressed. Don 't think I've seen a hexie "I Spy" quilt before. That's going to be a lot of fun for some child who receives it.

Blog Entries
    So nice travelinggramma! I see some of mine in there too.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I love the hexagon Ispy. Very nice.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Is a new swap in the works?

I was wondering also. Is there a new swap in the works, because I really missed it.

Wonder about the possibility of a 10" (layer cake size) swap? I haven't seen one here in a looooong time.

I, too, am missing the swap . . . and also like the idea of a 10" layer cake swap. I've been digging through fabrics the last few days and found the fabrics from the last layer cake swap that I participated in at the bottom of the stack.

I'd be open to another i-spy swap if there is enough interest to host it again

Oh! a layer cake swap....interesting.

How many did they used to swap in each package? Hm....maybe that needs to be resurrected....

Redstilettos, I found the layer cake swap in the quilting board search. Looks like its 12 - 10.5" blocks for 5 or 6 sets with no repeats in each baggie. I wouldn't mind doing a layer cake swap instead of 5" charm pack.

I would love to do another iSpy.

I won't mind doing a layer cake swap because it would give you more fabric for different types of patterns. But when you buy a layer cake it is always a 10" square. Sometimes I buy them and have a couple left that just sit there. It would would be nice to be able to swap them. I didn't do the I spy due to timing and my job. It looked like fun and I wish I would have done it. Maybe Christmas fabric, so I might get it done by next December. Summer fabrics, floral can't up tell it's winter and -13 degrees outside. Keep warm where ever you are.

I would like another swap any size is fine.

I would be in for another swap - preferably charm size as I do a lot of small piecing.
    How about blenders and solids or prints that read one color?
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
    I'd be open to another i-spy swap if there is enough interest to host it again....
    I've been doing I Spy swaps for a while now, both here and with another group. I seems to me that about 3 per year is about right for this board. Too many and you don't get very much participation.

I also think it it takes about a 6 week announcement to mail time frame. It takes a while to get the "news" out that there is an I spy swap. Then, new swappers have to have time to get their fabric. Then cutting and bagging sometimes takes longer than anticipated. I had no problem meeting the shorter time frame that was used last time, but I have a stash of I spy fabrics.

bkay
    Last edited by bkay; 01-27-2019 at 08:29 AM. Reason: punctuation

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast