Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Agust Secret Pals - sign-ups through midnight July 31 - Come join the fun!

I sure hope I do not get caught singing with the radio at the beach in my swim suit, cause I sure would not sky dive...

Well My pal has oceans in her state. Yep first it happens in her state then it will happen in Florida .. I mailed your package. I also mailed you birthday greetings!

Blog Entries
    You are very welcome. I had fun shopping for you at MSQC while I was there for a retreat. I tried to get colors that were as close to your favorites as I could find. It’s not always easy to find specific colors in wool I’m finding out.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    Pamela,
    I tried looking up your screen name; pamelaory but could never get it to come up.
    Anyway, I received an awesome package this month from Pamela, it had my most wanted item of wool! I loved that Thank You so much! Also included were some patterns, candy and treats for “the girls” as well as cute sign for my studio that says: Finished is better than perfect. It is so cute! And a hot pick tape measure as well as DMC floss for use on the appliqué. I loved it all Pamela Thank you so very much!!!!!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Secret pal, your package is on the way! Look for it on Thursday.

Hi Guys,

Okay..... who was it this time - LOL LOL.... I received a lovely package in the mail with some fabric squares and a bag kit....... and I know it wasn't me who ordered it! Come on fess up!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I have a few more things to finish for my secret pal and I will get her package in the mail.

Received a lovely package from MizMelly on Monday. Sh emade the most gorgeous fall tablerunner that fits on my table perfectly. She also made me my most wanted item... handmade pot holder. I have taken up soap making so she got me a great book and the turtle material is adorable. I got so Black Red that I am excited to try. It is hot and peppery salt-free sprinkle. Additionally, I got a homemade recipe card for MizMelly's Turkey Casserole.

Thank you so much!
    Name:  Mizmelly package.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  245.1 KBName:  miz melly tablerunner.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  268.0 KBName:  miz Melly.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  195.2 KB
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

secret pal your pkg. will arive Saturday

You are so welcome Hav4boys! And glad you liked my table runner! A new pattern that is great fun to make!!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

thank you La Quita i recieved my pkg. today im sorry i can't post picture's yet but a marking pen, a seam ripper,cute little bandaids with scissors and pins on them ,post it notes,4 really colorful pieces of fabric a bag of candyand a stand to hold my cell phone and fabric plates that says Quilt Engineer on it ,so cute thank you very much i love everything sewingsondra,
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I received a package today from Cuppy. Sorry I am not able to take pictures so here is what she sent: A cute card, three yards of fabric, pencil holder, bag of sugar-free mints, a spool of thread. and a burlap bag that I am sure she made. Since tomorrow is my birthday it was like getting an early birthday present. Thanks again Carolyn.
    BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Hello secret pal! I mailed your package today and here are some hints for you:

Your town has 4 times the population of mine.
    The area is almost the same in both, but my town is at a 3x’s higher elevation!
    Your latitude is a bit higher than mine, but the longitudes are completely different!

I had fun putting a box together for you and it should arrive on Saturday!

Secret Pal

Just had to show what I made with the fabric I got from my secret pal AnnaQuilts. Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat Waters

Blog Entries
    What an adorable bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapquilt View Post
    Just had to show what I made with the fabric I got from my secret pal AnnaQuilts. Thanks again.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I really wish that I was able to post pictures. Today I received an adorable birthday card from Cuppy. She had fussy cut a Happy Birthday piece of fabric and had sewed it to a plain card. Inside was 50 - 2 1/2" charms. Well old age is finally getting to me. I kept saying that the next day was my birthday I was wrong. Tommorrow the 16th is my birthday.
    Super cute cuppy.

Your right that is a cute bag.

Sew much talent on this board.

Hav4boys is there information on the back of the recipe card? I want to try it.

BrendaK
    Last edited by BrendaK; 08-15-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Cheer up my secret pal in the southwest, your package will be there on Tuesday.

Marie Christine said it would be here Thursday, and it was. She sent fabric, a real long tape measure, the needle threader with a light on it, which I asked for. Patterns, a couple of magazines and a good mystery to get into. Thank you so much!!!

Brenda,

I will check when I get home.

That bag with the flamingos is awesome.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

My secret pal will get her package on Monday 8/19/19
    PMarch

Blog Entries
    Name:  83B7A19A-9113-40A9-90A5-0276A63D7D28.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  157.4 KBWow, wow, wow!
    I received the most amazing package from Gajin today! So many wonderful goodies, I had a hard time getting them all in the picture! I see I missed getting the dog treats in, Gave Ellie one already, she loved it. I got an awesome t-shirt, some matryoshka and Tula pink fabric, a big book of strip quilts, adorable matryoshka notecards, flower notecards, heavenly smelling soap, rainbow clips, a selvage pouch that Gajin made, a lovely card, and everything was wrapped in colorful rainbow tissue paper! Thank you so much!
    I saw your hint and thought it couldn’t be me because I live in such a small town. Wow! You must really be in a tiny town. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    Hello secret pal! I mailed your package today and here are some hints for you:

Your town has 4 times the population of mine.
    The area is almost the same in both, but my town is at a 3x’s higher elevation!
    Your latitude is a bit higher than mine, but the longitudes are completely different!

I had fun putting a box together for you and it should arrive on Saturday!
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

No Pamela, it’s called a hamlet! Glad you liked the package!

Deborah

I received a wonderful package from letsquilt. She sent fat quarters, patterns, bag, and gummy candy. As soon as I get a picture I will post it. Thanks letsquilt.

Next month has posted. Please not the names will go out Sept. 3 as that is a holiday weekend and I will be out of town. I have extended the mailing dates.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...ml#post8291632

For those that asked, here is the recipe MizMelly sent me.
    Name:  Recipe Side 1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  276.7 KBName:  Recipe Side 2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  303.7 KB

Hav4boys, I was able to beg that recipe off of this lovely swedish lady I worked with back in the 80's at the University library where we both worked. Wonderful potlucks and I can honestly say this recipe has stood the test of time, it works with chicken, turkey and once I even tried it with shrimp!! So enjoy everyone!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast