Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Blog Entries
    nancia, you crack me up! I came looking for my name, well not my name but your name, well not your name unless you are my partner! anyway when is this going to happen?? hehe, I say with tongue in cheek because I don't even have a sewing machine with me!

Well my daughter says I can borrow hers, but well no thanks! I really wish that girl had picked up some of my skills, but she is amazing mommy and that is what counts the most. I am still on Grammy Duty until Sat night.

I fly back to Calif, then drive back to Oregon.... don't ask it is a really really really long story, but my new temp home is in Oregon. The short version; Mom is having surgery on the 18th, or there about... she has complete blockage in her right side artery, it has a name but can't remember what it is, but the concern is the growth in her lung! Sooo the surgery is going to be an awake, or semi awake surgery, I don't know how they do that.... oops this was supposed to be the short version, yikes I better stop for now... I might be scarce around here but I have my ears and eyes on you and I will get a report back! I really like April for being the due part of the swap, I will be getting my embroidery machine to bring to Oregon with me so I will have it to work with on the table topper.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    you might be a redneck if..... after the divorce she is still your sister.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Those are beautiful,jaba
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    Awe, Jan, that is so sweet of you to say, well heck now everyone knows who my ears and eyes are! btw.... I am on Grammy duty, and have to show you miss Charleigh Elizabeth! she is such a darling princess, she say that I am "the best sewing one Grammy" I am the only sewing one Grammy that she has!
    Name:  002.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  157.7 KB
    She is 3, and for all of you mommies out there who regularly have to get them up and moving and dressed! Well hats off to you! she has her opinions on what she will wear!

I thought the due date is march?????
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    don't let what I say bother you, I could be wrong! I just thought I read it some where but it could have totally been wrong... again! hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchingpost View Post
    I thought the due date is march?????

Blog Entries
    Well I looked and it is march! march 15th, boy good thing you pointed that out to me else i would have been late! But this way who ever gets my name I can let you know this, My Birthday is March 22nd... just thought i would let you know .

Charleigh and i made cookies the other day and darned if I seem to be eating most of them!

It's 12:15am the swap is closed,,,,are we ready ???????
    Sherrie

Well if I don't have you as a partner,,,happy birth day
    Sherrie

ooo blues and browns can come live with me.
    Well.. Mariposa threw off the evenness count... so now I gotta figure out what to do. If I join god only knows when it will get finished.. I guess I'll harass some people.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    your jr. princess is as cute as can be! i envy you the time you can spend with her! i'll probably be waiting till march, or worse, august to see my little darlin'. she showed me her swirly dress (tu tu) and twirled around and around, stopped and said, ' dizzy!' she's 18 months old and totally a character!! lolol sounds like charleigh is too! soooooo much fun!!! ( and work). hope you get some rest. will keep your mom on my prayer list. wish the best for you all!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    hey, anastasia-- be my partner and we can have a delayed due date! i'm always runnin g late! guess mine has not touched ground yet. hate when things are up in the air! lol
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Jan, thank you and we both feel the same way. I too am so grateful for this board. I have met some amazing women and those two.. have taught me SO much that I am forever in debt to them. Grand runner there Marytoddliz love that fabric on the border.

I am thinking I am going to try one of the patterns I found in a new book I purchased Positively Runners. some great ideas and well..patterns to use vs what will I make today wish me luck its going to be YOUR runner! or mat! they have patterns for that too.

its only 10:23 here in CA sorry guys guess we have to wait a bit longer. in fact DAYS longer if the good commander in chief has any say and well.. she does oh honey bun, sugar pie, sweetie petey where are you? do you have us mostly sorted out now? huh huh? come here little girl we have CHOCOLATES.. would you like a box???
    quick before I freeze to death. its 29 and dropping. brrrr. rain maybe snow on Thursday.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

11 degrees and yes i'll take chocolate. Working on getting a final person.. then I'll roll some dice and make some partners and rip my hair out and send out names.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

But Erin look what I found you today while going through the yellow pages!

Name:  hey girl.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  26.9 KB
    Linda

see they do make perfect men!
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

But does he do his own laundry and ironing? Will he help clean house too? No man is perfect, trust me. You find one that is perfect in all the ways that the last one wasn't and there's something else wrong with him. The trick is finding one whose flaws you can live with.

I haven't done so bad this time. He had to take care of himself so long that I have to make him let me help him with some things at times. He also doesn't complain about the $$ I spend on my fabric habit or the condition of my sewing area. But, he's not perfect. He's also a workaholic and has to be reminded every now & then that I'm his job too, lol. I guess the bright side of that is that I have plenty of time for what I want to do, well, when my work isn't getting in the way.

For everyone who is in this swap and my home decor swap, there's only a week's difference in due dates! Don't get them mixed up or Ana & I may both have to come after ya!

Well....we are expecting a nor'easter here...due Friday....so it appears I may be house bound...with plenty of time to quilt....so I just need a partner!

Blog Entries
    Stopped by this morning looking for my partner's name and what did I find - a big empty page. jaba Jan love the table runners you girls swapped on your side swap - they're beautiful. I just learned how to do the Y-seams so now I can check the lemoyne star (8-pointed star) off my to-do list.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Thought you'd enjoy seeing them, my partners did a great job and as you can see both are a perfect match for the rooms they are in. I'm thinking this time I need 1 for my kitchen, hope my partner will fill me in there. Ana- quit thinking about that perfect man....we need our perfect partners, lady partners to be exact! dabbler312 you could make me a star for the kitchen, oh yes, that would be perfect! Maryt do not spoil her too bad, don't want mommy angry when she gets home.

Neat runners, Jaba. Next time, holler, I'll send some fabrics and do the same with you - another holiday in mind??? I feel the same way about everyone on this board. I talk with my hubby about you and things we discuss here as if he should know who you are and then I get this blank look in return. He is not a man to make friends anyway, so he doesn't even have many man friends. Miss Nancia, you and I have to have words (giving me my name!!!) I hope I get you as my partner, boy could I figure out how to get even...
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Vanogay, we better get miss "lebrat" on that. after all she is the instigator and I'm sure she can some up with some holiday, trust me she knows them all and if there isn't one....she'll make one.

I am hoping for a nice snow day this Friday night into Saturday so kids activities get cancelled and I can sew, sew, sew.

This is awesome!!

My husband is a computer engineer and the director of IT for a computer company. He had a stroke 5 years ago (at 34) and is now disabled on his right side so had to become left handed. A while back he was sitting at his desk trying to cut something and said to me 'What the hell? You have 5 pair of scissors on this desk and none of them work?'

I went over, looked at them, cut what he was trying to cut to prove he was wrong... and then let him know that I would acquire him a left-handed pair. He had no idea they made such things or that the left/right even mattered. I was beside myself laughing that I had taught the uber geek something!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

Ana i know i am late, count me in if you need so eone....Let me know!

Rosie
    Grab a bull by the horns and enjoy the ride....

Blog Entries
    I want a name! well ok I am happy with mine.... hummm that does bring up a story, but we will save it for another day!

I sure hope none of you are wanting a winter day on the West coast this weekend, I will be busy very busy, and don't want any winter snow day interfering with my plans! I will fly to California, stop home for a few, grab some very important stuff, like my Truck! and my embroidery machine! then drive up to Oregon, just in time to be with Mom for her surgery, and hope recover time goes fast! The best part of all of this is that I don't get jet lag as I am staying in the same time zone!

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast