Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed >

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM

LMAO... I am with you kelly lots of things came to mind Not quilt related! I am watching TV SF kicking Detroit in Game 3... OK I can't help it I am sports minded girl! Don't particularly like the SF Giants but they are a Calif team so gotta cheer the home team.

I think this swap is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see who you put me with! The name Hot Toddy has been used on me before (My name used to be Mary Todd, before I got married and inherited a mother in law with the same name so they called me Marybeth and it kinda stuck!)

So since the cruddy cold is history~ hopefully stays there~ the marathon plans are going ahead! So next Sunday! getting down to the wire now! This old lady will be running~
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM

I'm a sprouted couch potato.. I RAN a couple blocks the other day. My shin muscles are still mad. hehe. I used to jog 5 miles a day back when I was married.

I'm going to let the cats pick the pairings.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:02 PM

i'm in! i'm sure i'll be done with all my quiltblocks by then!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:38 PM

Okay, I saw this thread...thought, nope, you better get to all the other stuff you have started, etc...then I thought, I will just glance at this thread...then I found myself reading through it all the way, and so here I am signing up!!! I was a very sporadic mostly self taught (excluding the little bit my grandma showed me waaaay back when I was a young girl) hand quilter until about 2 years ago when I happened upon a great lqs with a fab group of gals...they all machine quilt, and while they "ribbed" me about doing everything by hand, they were very accepting...long story short, I started doing some machine quilting, and love it, too...the only thing I am noticing is I "chicken out" when it comes to fmq...I have a great machine, a machine quilt frame (that dh set up for me and I still haven't used ). I have done some fmq on some 12-15 inch squares, but when it comes to anything larger I either do outline straight quilting, or I revert back to my hand quilting...so, this may be just the "kick in the pants" I need to actually do the fmq!! Sorry for the long post..but honest confession is good for the soul!
Kif
Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Hehe you swap addicts make me giggle Welcome to the Swap Addict Anonymous meeting. I also have a ton of things I need to finish up for the million swaps I'm in. And I also am a chicken to try the FMQ. hehe. I'm kinda paralyzed on this table topper I'm doing as a gift (that might be what prompted this whole thing). I have another one that I need to put borders and ends and backing on, also a gift, but I can SITD for that one, but I am pondering FMQ some pumpkins on it. I gotta try to get the one done and delivered by thanksgiving. The other one I need to get out the door by the 10th of Nov at the latest. The thanksgiving one is going to a non quilter so I'm not as concerned about that.

My mom is the quilter influence in my life, been doing it forever.. 40 years or something. She's done all hand quilting so that's what I know as well, but I'm inherently lazy (read above, sprouted couch potato) so I look into other methods but I just haven't had the chance to do anything yet.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 PM

i am in the process of fmq- meandering- a wall hanging for the wall hanging swap. i've done 2/3 and i feel like i've lost my rhythm ( hence, the 3 kids, lol) no seriously, last night i had a really good song running through my head, and today i'm songless! i hope to get it back soon!!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:42 AM

Am I old if I get that reference? Or just catholic?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:26 AM

i don't know, but i'm neither! i am, however, laughing! that's a trait that probably kept me from having any more! lol. (don't they use that any more?)
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 AM

ok. i might be old.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:30 AM

Sorry Ana I see why you ask for the info,,dummy me for got to put my colors,,,I don't why I thought it had to be in blues and whites