Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Heheh. Gosh I gave up keeping track of my UFO's.. and you tattler Brat! Yes, I'm only playing if we have an uneven #.. it only makes sense. So I don't have to worry about finding someone who wants to make 2... And dont' start telling me that crap now cause this is my first let me figure out how to do a 1-1 pairing before I start doing 2-1 or anything else like that. haha.

And.. uh.. I can't tell you why the water is warm..

EWWWW Anastasia, did YOU PEE in the water???? Thats the only way to make it warmer (or so Im told) LOL
    Im still thinking about it too, don't know if i'll have the time with the holidays and we just brought our 23 yo dd home from the hospital on MOnday after having foot & knee surgery, (re: non weight bearing for 2 months)
    so this in it'self is time consuming. That is why I am still thingking about it. Well, that and the reason the water is warm.........
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Just an FYI.. farts make the water warm too.. just sayin.. and uhm.. I can neither confirm nor deny whom, or how, the water is warm. Maybe it's thermonuclear radiation... could be.. could be a natural hot spring.. (in Minnesota? i dunno) could be all the friggin hot air that comes out of my mouth.. hehe.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

OOOOHHHHH! TheMamaHauser, PLEASE send some snow down here.... I LOVE IT! I so miss REAL snow - here in Oklahoma we might have one good snowfall a winter! It's been several years since we've had any to speak of...seems to just go around the mid-section.. I've lived here for 45 yrs and still can't get over the crazy weather we have. I have always loved snow, never missed a day of work, in upper Missouri (many years ago), and we had some doozies..lolo It's been close to 80 last few days, then a 'cold front' is gonna hit Sunday and only be 49!! (and I don't call 49 COLD)...I'm so ready for COLD weather....

Ok, that's all - just wanted to remark about your snow...lol

ok, popping on to say HELLO since Anastasia doesn't bother with any of the other threads/swaps anymore....passed two rounds of interviews and as long as fingerprints clear, I will be gainfully employed again...YAY...
    ummmm....BTW Miss A....WHERE are my GNOMES? I thought about them today while I was busy creating non sewing projects....anyway, HI EVERYONE
    Brenda

49! that's still shorts weather. Up here in Minnesota we don't put on jackets until it's in the 30's.. hehe I don't mind snow, just don't like it on the roads, but with my truck.. really don't care anymore VROOM 4x4.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    You do remember 4x4 or not, you still have to stop that VROOM you know? Oh I know, you're one of those in that 4 wheel drive that thinks they can stop on a dime, right....We haven't got snow yet but it's 20 degrees and on its way, suppose to start tonight and go until Sunday late. Can just hardly wait hate it! I hybernate all winter, don't care if I ever leave this house. Born in San Diego and it's looking better all the time, keep telling my Dad he shouldn't have sold his house in Palm Desert, and then 2 grand daughters calling me from Okla. saying how nice the weather is, just what I want to hear.
    Hi Brenda! you reminded me I don't have any gnomes either...what's up with that do you think???

Congrats brenda.. and I have one gnome with a hat and a shirt.. but i haven't picked out his cloak and I realized I forgot to sew on the decorative stitch around his hat before i glued it on.. but they are on my table o' craftingness.

Nooo I'm not a idiot driver. hehe Especially since I had near bald tires until my mommy graciously bought me a new set last winter. So I know how a big ole suburban slliiidddeesss. hehe. But when we had 17" of snow dumped on us, and then more snow and then more snow.. it was real nice to pop 4x4 and just climb over it instead of having to dig myself out and winch myself out, etc.
    It's still 43 here and I can do without the snow awhile longer. Ya'll can keep it.

Jaba! I didn't promise you any gnomes! :P

And I've been really people drained and scatterbrained lately that I haven't been doing much of anything but staring into space. You ever get stuck walking around in circles trying to figure out what you wanted, or were going to do? that's kinda where I've been lately. Ooo I should do... get up to do it.. start doing something else I find on the way.. set that down.. do something else.. getting nowhere fast. I did put my fishie in his new home today. He earned it. Survived 3 weeks of me and the cats. Now he needs some tank mates cause he's bored in 5 gallons all by himself. he needs someone to pick on, so I think I'm gonna find a small algae eater for him to pester.

[QUOTE=and they asked me to join the sub list (aka, the people they call when the teachers call in sick or whatever). That's HUGE! ![/QUOTE]

Congrats to you - that is HUGE - more than a stone - bigger than a boulder!! Really happy when someone gets a foot in the door!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

"You ever get stuck walking around in circles trying to figure out what you wanted, or were going to do? that's kinda where I've been lately. Ooo I should do... get up to do it.. start doing something else I find on the way.. set that down.. do something else.. getting nowhere fast."
    A - sure do know this one - it has my name written all over it. I have more UFO at work than I can count cause my boss always interrupts me with another of her "gotta have this now" project. At home I spend more time picking up after hubby and his messes - and then if I take time to clean house my sewing area is a mess. Not sure how that happens - but maybe having one too many projects! Oh well that is what makes us women roar! (and drink)(and eat chocolate).....
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

And then we wonder why we're tired, and nothing really got finished.. We all seem to do it, regardless of age.

Blog Entries
    LOL, you just describe my day, almost every day! Cleaning up messes, well I suppose some of them are mine to start with! But so very very glad when it is clean so I can mess it up again! (the secret is to take a picture when it is clean!)

I have a question for ya all! Do apples count as a Winter type table topper? I was thinking a nice crisp apple and maybe some pie? Let me know and I might just start making mine now!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Apples, pears, it's all good!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Oh, pears! I have pear fabric too! now I need to go see if they play well together!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I like pieeee.

There is something soul cleansing about letting the house get messy, then cleaning it up, stepping out and coming back to it all clean. It's just like.. aaaaahhhh. Doesn't happen much around here but ya know.. hehehe. I live alone so I don't have any interruptions except myself and the crazy 4 leggeds. Most of the time I just sit on the couch getting tired just thinking about what I should be working on and then nothing gets done.
    Geez I started typing this like 10 minutes ago and got distracted by funny websites. And to think, I've been tested for ADHD and am NOT... but they can't explain this.. says it's related to my mood disorder. ok. What was I doing again? oh yea.. math homework.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    And to think, I've been tested for ADHD and am NOT... but they can't explain this.. says it's related to my mood disorder. ok. What was I doing again? oh yea.. math homework.
    I can tell you this from personal experience: If you are on depression meds to combat a mood/personality disorder (for me, it was Lexapro (a cousin of prozac) and Wellbutrin), they can actually react with your normal chemicals to send you to the manic side of stability (which is what you're describing). I had to get off the meds because if it, actually. It might be worthwhile to discuss it with your crazy dr (as opposed to your body doctor who doesn't give a whoot about your mental issues).
    Mischief Managed.

I've discussed it with my crazy dr. I've been playing the medication merry-go-round and can't for the life of me get seen by the actual med doctor. grr. Originally I was on Lexapro and Gabapentin.. and then I was stable for a long time so I quit taking them and I was still stable for a long time, then I started my last job and lost my flippin mind, so I went back on them. It did very very bad things. So I was like, I need something else, and so in order to see the med doc you had to see the crazy doc so I started seeing the crazy doc while I waited for my med doc appt a month out, then the med doc died the day before my appt and they couldn't get anyone else into the clinic, so I went to the hospital suicide place because that's the only place you can get emergency meds around here.. and they only want to treat me for the depression side of things and are reluctant to delve any further into it. They gave me something else, that made my blood pressure shoot through the roof and my anxiety even worse than usual. I went back about 3 weeks later and was like.. this isn't working.. they were like you shoulda came back sooner! then they put me on celexa and seroquel..and I choked when I got hit with the after insurance price of 30 days of seroquel. It's a pretty fantastic sleep medication but they really don't otherwise do much for me so I stopped taking them. And I quit the job.. hehehe. So I'm back to usual I guess. No meds, no extra stressors/anxiety inducers. Subject to my natural cycles and rhythms. It's pretty fun.

I say you should quilt more and hang out with all your wonderful whacky quilt friends where we dont put labels on each other and cruddy days we take those with a large sack of salt. You enjoying the new job yet kiddo?

Hey hey hey its your brat again! I'M BACK! run? I am a tad worse for the wear but wondering if I stupidly try to quit a bit today or stay on the couch with my arm elevated like suggested (Ok suggested isnt the word they used but i like it better).. I figure my body will tell me whats cool or not. A sling, I got fabric can make one and well people can quilt with one arm right? whose project should i go butcher? no dialysis today snow on the road and my driver wont drive in the snow. hope its all melted so I can go on Monday or Linda will blow up to the size of a pillsbury dough boy in no time at all. argh. going to go back now and check out your posts. Missed you guys a whole bunch.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Heheh Yep. Hanging out at home and dealing with the crazies on this forum (even some who DO put labels) and quilting and other crafty things have been making me feel 1000x better than I was at my last job.

Hmm.. sewing isn't so hard with one hand but cutting might be. You could take squares and line them up and feed them through a machine with one hand probably. But generally doctors say for a reason so you know.. as the future wife of a semi-doctor I have to do my due diligence and say you should listen to them. But it's your body and your life. And man I would probably be really mad if the state of my health and kidneys were dependent on someone else not being willing to drive when there is snow. I'll come take you!

Blog Entries
    Brat! I wondered where you've been! What happened to your arm? Want me to send you some packed snow to make the swelling go down? I've got it 3 feet high up here in the Southern Annex of Canada. Say the word.
    Mischief Managed.

Big rainstorm here.. well.. I dunno how big.. I gauge it by the fact that it cut out my tv signal for about 5 minutes and there was a steady stream from my ceiling and the thunder is loud. I love storms, I just really sick of them coming through the ceiling. hope i can fix that before it snows now that I have the job.

You ggguuyyysss (gals)... I'm so excited.. I can't wait to see what you all are coming up with for ideas. I can't wait to see snowmen and mittens and trees and god knows what else.. is it the 15th yet?!

Crud Anastasia rain through the ceiling? um can you bucket it and save on say your water bill? you know heat it in buckets on the stove for bathing in lol and um feed it to your cats and dogs! see useful water!

Kelly, I had some pipe thing grafted into my arm vein so I can get the port in my chest removed. I think the old arm is not impressed currently and no ice as it would not help the grafting process I guess. That is easy for the docs to say right? just let it balloon up sure no problemo. its gotta go down eventually. it was put in on Thursday so I guess I am a tad impatient. slightly ok a tad more? crud.

Ok I have skating bears, rabbits and its oh so very cute. Who wants cute and red and white? let Anastasia know you know go begging to her maybe she will hook us up if you know you wear her down..shhh don't tell her I said that. our secret ok? wouldnt want her whopping me with that pillow again.. the feathers they make a horrible mess on the carpet and she claims its my job to clean them up cause it was my fault i got whopped. sheesh.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I don't think I'd want to use any water that came through my ceiling for anything.. hehe. leaching stuff from the wood and roof and insulation and ceiling plaster.. probably would cause some tumors or something.. haha but I catch it in a bucket.. the cats like to dump the bucket.. so I guess I'm re-using it for kitty entertainment and pseudo carpet spot remover? Or doggy chinese water torture?

so if no ice what about heat....or just compression? I dunno I'm not a doctor i just play one on the internet.

I thought you just let the cats have fun with the feathers?

Ok.. soooooo.. I got the requirements and guidelines and whatnot of the job i start tomorrow and I already feel incredibly isolated. May not use their computers for anything outside of processing the work, can't use the email for anything other than specific business communication, can't use phone or text or anything. can't even check my personal email.. I understand it, it's data protection.. and nearly all jobs SAY you can't do these things and generally you can if you're not a nimrod and download stuff.. so we'll see how strict they adhere to it when i get there but it's gonna be lonely not getting to text. If they say no mp3 player while working, well then I'm just gonna walk out. for real. You can't take away all outside communication, as well as inside communication, no snacks (did I mention that? no snacks!) and no cafeteria and late night hours and "boring" work and then tell me I can't have music.. there would be unpleasant consequences to that. But I didn't see that in there.. just saw that I can't plug my mp3 player into their computer.. which is fine, there's no reason to.

Anyhoot.. I'm nervous and wanna barf about it. It's been like a year since i actually worked and it scares me.

Ana, I can't work without music either. If it gets too quiet, I can't think. When I'm sewing, I usually have a Scott Sigler podcast going in the background or my favorite internet DJ, Celtic Fury, who now has his own station & programming running 24/7.

So, are we odd or even? Are you playing or not? Is it the 15th yet!? I'm dying for some colors!!!

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast