Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Woman's Treasure Swap v2.0! Sign up through Sept 30th!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
    Hahaha so true! Although I do buy each fabric (well 90% )with a quilt or project in mind. Problem is can I get to all those project to before I see another? Lol.
    I'm about 12 projects deep right now because I keep buying things for projects & then either have swaps or other things to do first. Then I either put them off for one reason or another or sign up for another swap. I bought fabric to make a quilt for us, and a throw blanket for my best friend. I just can't decide on a design for either of them. It's easy to procrastinate and pile up projects, and fabric, when you can't decide what exactly you want to do.

I've already got my box packed, and have even more that I either need to stuff in it or wait for Swap #3. lol!

Swappers so far:

cjr
    dotcomdtcm
    DustysMomma
    frenchfryqueen
    Grandma Di
    homecaregiver
    jamimclaugh
    Marcia D
    Moonrise
    paulswalia
    Quercus Rubra (2)
    quilterjody
    sewmany
    sulabug
    twinriverfarm
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Count me in for a box. I look forward to this swap. Will PM the frenchfryqueen today.... Hugs to all

Going to start stuffing my box today. My Sis brought over 3 more tubs of my mothers stash. In the first box I found several blocks that she had done. I can't wait to put them in a memory quilt. what a wonderful surprise. I haven't opened the other two bins yet.

I'd like to join this time with 2 boxes. One box packed and one in the works. I was too involved last time to join in the fun.

No color preferences, prefer no Christmas or holiday fabrics. Am alergic to smoke and perfumes. Dog and cats are OK.
    jojo4

Thanks to a box that came in the mail yesterday, I have a couple new pieces to add to my box! Whoo hoo!

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Count me in for 2 boxes. Sending you a PM. Got lots of Christmas/holiday fabric if anyone is looking for that in their swap.

I actually had to break into my swap box to swipe fabric I needed for my Boom Swap. I have not touched that fabric in about two years, and suddenly I needed it! lol

Names so far:
    cjr
    dotcomdtcm
    DustysMomma
    frenchfryqueen
    Grandma Di
    homecaregiver
    jamimclaugh
    jojo4 (2)
    luvstoquilt
    Marcia D
    Moonrise
    omacookie
    paulswalia
    Quercus Rubra (2)
    quilterjody
    sewmany
    sewnsew (2)
    sulabug
    twinriverfarm

Looks like another great group in the works.

This sounds like a fun swap and I would love to join in! Please count me in for 1 box, and I'll send my PM with my information.

Blog Entries
    Oh Grandma Di I wish I was close enough to get in those boxes of your mother's fabric with you! I Love LOVE vintage!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Okay, I went through my scraps, and pulled out enough to fill 3 boxes. Two of the boxes contain all scraps (lots of strips), and one box contains about 2/3 scraps and the rest is yardage. I saw everything from 30's repro fabrics to batiks to you-name-it! I tried to leave out anything smaller than a couple of inches square or strips less than 1" wide (nearly all are 1-1/2" or more).

So ... if there are more people who want to swap scraps, I can do up to 3 boxes (paulswalia is already my partner for one of them). They're packed up and ready to ship. BOY, are they full, and they're all the larger medium boxes!

Here's a quilt I made with my scrap strips awhile back. I'd been saving them to make another one, but I just don't have time at the moment. By the time I do get to it, I'm sure my scrap pile will be huge again. But this can give a general idea of the types of scraps I'm sending. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink!

Name:  general-reversiblescrappyfront.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  511.7 KB
    Last edited by moonrise; 09-16-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Great scrappy quilt! I might be joining this swap but need time to go through the stash first.

Blog Entries
    Oh Boy, Moonrise.......I'm really ready now - looks like the sky's the limit!!! I've been tossing things in the box almost every day when I find something that I wonder "what was I thinking?" about.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Count me in. Love the idea of doing this. Will start my box today.

Got my box ready. Variety of fabric. At least 1/2 yd. to 1 yd. I didn't include any holiday fabric, nor scraps. Prefer receiving no holiday or scraps. Put in a very small amount of notions. I'm a non smoker and have no pets. Can't wait to find out who my partner is.

Sounds like a great box!

And moonrise-- that quilt is GORGEOUS!

I've been picking fabrics for my box - a few large scraps, some 5" strips, fat quarters, 1/2 yard pieces, and a couple of yard pieces. Still have more cupboards/closets to go through yet, but it's helping me tidy up and find fabrics I had forgotten about. That's the good part - the bad part is it is making me antsy to make a trip to my local quilt shop. In fact, I was just told about a new one that opened 10 minutes from me just recently!

cjr
    My box is going to be a very ecletic choices of fabrics. I just purged a lot of disney girlie-princess fabrics that may go in with the bandanna yardage & other fabrics.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Thanks again for the comments on my scrappy strip quilt.

I still have one box that contains about 2/3 scraps and about 1/3 yardage, if anyone wants to swap with me. Mine are all the bigger medium-size boxes, and are stuffed as tight as I can get them and still be able to (barely!) get the box closed.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Twenty-one swappers so far, not including multiple boxes. Come on, gals and guys! We can do better than that!

Only seven more days to sign up!

Swappers this round so far:

cjr
    dotcomdtcm
    DustysMomma
    frenchfryqueen
    Grandma Di
    homecaregiver
    jamimclaugh
    jojo4
    justducky65
    luvstoquilt
    Marcia D
    Moonrise
    omacookie
    papagrandma12
    paulswalia
    Quercus Rubra
    quiltedllama
    quilterjody
    sewmany
    sewnsew
    sulabug
    twinriverfarm

Oh Moonrise I hope I might get you for some yummy scraps.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    Oh wow I need those ties not sure if I can come up with a box of fabric though. Will need to check .
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    I am putting together the box....nearly overflowing...I don't think the 30th will ever get here! LOL
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I am getting my box stuffed and almost ready to send it. The anticipation of receiving from one of you is as exciting as Christmas !!!!!!! Thanks and hugs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast