April - Boom 18

Old 01-18-2017, 01:47 PM

That's good news, Joanelizbay and Janice both.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:07 PM

And it's in my hands! What a relief. And let me tell you, that package was PERFECTLY ADDRESSED and PERFECTLY LEGIBLE.

Will get all the packages for which I have received return shipping out on Friday. The others will be held until return shipping is received. ALMOST READY, BOOMERS!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
It's on the truck to my house. Woo hoo!
Old 01-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

How exciting... so we'll have our goodies to play with next week. Only 3 days delayed, which isn't bad at all. WHEW. So glad that package wasn't torn to shreds or anything.

This Saturday our local group meets and we are doing a boom swap! Our leader was so impressed with my quilt from Boom 17, she talked everyone into participating in a local 'friendship swap'... basically the same as our boom swaps. I am the coordinator and will collect everyone's fabrics on Saturday, go into a quiet room and close the door and swap the fabrics, and then give them back to everyone to take home. It's our quarterly Quiltathon day, so we'll be hanging out for hours and sewing anyway.

I'll be working on blocks for 3 boom swaps at once. I'm in Heaven!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:51 PM

Great news!

Originally Posted by janice mcc View Post
and it's in my hands! What a relief. And let me tell you, that package was perfectly addressed and perfectly legible.

Will get all the packages for which i have received return shipping out on friday. The others will be held until return shipping is received. Almost ready, boomers!
Old 01-18-2017, 06:32 PM

I was going to add my 2 cents about the lost pkg. Glad it's been found & delivered but I would recommend to everyone mailing a pkg to include inside the pkg your address and/or the name & address of the person you are sending it to. (I know this & I forget to do it) That way if the outside does get unreadable & the pkg goes to the dead letter office when they open it they can quickly identify a connection point. But even at the dead letter office it is a 6+ month delay.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:53 AM

I need to hear from FrancieYuhas about your address. PLEASE check your email for a message from me and reply asap. Thanks!

For everyone else, I've got the address labels all set to print for shipping tomorrow. Everyone who sent me cash will have their tracking info sent by USPS as soon as I pay for them and print them. A couple of you sent envelopes with tracking attached so you've got that number, or you should. We're almost set to go with only one minor package glitch amounting to a three day delay. Could have been so much worse...but it wasn't!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

YAAAAYYY Can't wait!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:55 AM

Hi! I'm in California! Thanks for asking! Just so you all feel a little better...it's raining cats and dogs...for five days...in the desert! I'm going to continue my " suffering" by going to the road to California quilt show tomorrow. I hope to get some more rulers to use with quilting on my DSM. Cheers!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:13 AM

Jaba, love your colors in the quilt, its awesome!!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:16 AM

I'll take the rain any day, we need it here in the desert.

"give a quilter an inch and she'll think she's a ruler."
Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
Hi! I'm in California! Thanks for asking! Just so you all feel a little better...it's raining cats and dogs...for five days...in the desert! I'm going to continue my " suffering" by going to the road to California quilt show tomorrow. I hope to get some more rulers to use with quilting on my DSM. Cheers!