Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2543

Thread: April - Boom 18

Indian for Marietta

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 126
Size:  155.1 KB

That's pretty Terri... I REALLY love that white on white!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sewbiz, I really like that fabric also, no idea at all where it came from or how long I have had it

Last one for a bit. Really need to think on Kass's block.

this is for Muse, it's name is Watermark

Views: 124
Size:  209.3 KB

These two are for Francie. That fabric is so pretty that I hated chopping it up into little pieces, so I made a simple pinwheel to show the fabric off. Since I had enough of it left, I made a wind spinner too. Butterflies need some movement in my mind. I hope you don't mind my simple blocks for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

This one is for Sewbizgirl. It's a "Goshen Star". Sewbiz, I DO have 2 patterns for this star. You were right. The big squares are 5 inches, the middle square is 3 1/2 inches and the Middle rows are 3 1/2" X 5 " with 2 inch corner stones. Love your fabric too.

Terri, great block for Muse. I love the purple in there. Very spacey... and a real astronaut! You must have an embroidery machine that made him.

Libster, great blocks for Francie's butterflies. Lots of movement there.

Thank you for my Goshen Star... you know I love that block! It looks so good in the chocolate roses fabric. Thanks for the alternate dimensions, too. I just couldn't figure them out. Great to know!
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

Really like all the blocks, Especially mine terri. Love the wow, very pretty.

Wonderful blocks quilters! Terriamn, thanks for the great block.

Kass, prayers and best wishes winging your way.

Janice, hope your doggy feels better soon.
    Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.
    TANSTAAFL= There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Blog Entries
    Libster...thanks for the blocks...simple is often quite elegant.
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Beautiful block Terri! I love it! The astronaut is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Last one for a bit. Really need to think on Kass's block.

this is for Muse, it's name is Watermark

Views: 124
Size:  209.3 KB

Lobster that a really pretty block! Great job!

Francie I finished your block tonight. Had to go deep into the stash to find solids, turns out I have almost no solids. Hope you like it.
    Name:  DSC_0580.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  106.1 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Two more finished tonight. Ibex, a sweet fairy Lover's Knot, and Joan, I don't know if it has a name. I was looking for something to keep the fabric as whole as possible. I thought about cutting an 11 inch square and bordering it in white, but realized that wasn't very creative. Cutting that fabric is the hardest thing I have done so far this boom.

ok, now that I'm not so rattled and distracted and really looked and paid attention :-)

Terri ~ my block is Beautiful, love the wow and blue you added, Thank you. The space one, again the added colors really makes it.

Libster ~ yes Butterflies need movement and yours are great ..Love the wind spinner one

Kass ~ once again you've outdone yourself and me lol..Lovely block. Are your blocks , patterns you've found or do you design and/or make them up?

Molly ~ Very pretty blocks, for some reason the purple lovers knot is very soothing to me tonight.
    And yes, all the fabric in the boom is great (even the wavy and stripes lol) But Joan's. I just want to frame it. It might be the last one I do. Yours is lovely.

Joan ~ what is the name of the fabric or the line it comes from?

I have to share, will try not to ramble :-)
    Since starting the boom, When I go to my local quilt shop I share with the owner and other ladies the fun I've been having and show off all of your blocks, and not just the ones you've made for me. ( I take pics with my fone, from the computer, not fantastic but pretty good)
    Stopped by the other day, and as soon as I walked in, I didn't get a hello, how ya doing , etc...it was "Have any more pictures??" lol
    I guess my battery was getting low and About half way thru them passing my fone around looking at all the newest blocks one of older ladies says "You know you really should charge this thing up before coming in here, Do you have your charger with you?
    As I was leaving same lady stops me and leans in to say..."You really should get one of them pad things, It would make the pictures so much bigger and easier for me to see"
    LOL she's a hoot. You all are a big hit ladies, you have a following, And if I can just keep my fone charged and get a ipad I won't get anymore raised eyebrows

That's funny, Marietta! Glad your friends are enjoying our work. This is a pretty special swap.

MM, great blocks. You found a good solution to Joan's fabric.

Kass, I'm enjoying how you employ little differences in each of those octagon blocks. That's your Boom 18 signature block! Looks so pretty with the butterflies.

Keep em coming, Ladies! Like the folks in Marietta's LQS, I love to see more pictures.

Kass, your butterfly block makes me think of the kaleidoscopes we used to have.

Kass I think so too! (Kaleidoscope)
    Your butterfly block is one that really has lots of movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
    Kass, your butterfly block makes me think of the kaleidoscopes we used to have.

Marietta, love that you have a following for our boom

Sewbiz yes I have an embroidery machine and it was nice to be able to reuse the astronaut

Kass another great block

MM, love both your blocks, there is something about the simplicity of lovers know that I really like

Hate to whine with all Kass is going through but going to. Monday I have to endure an MRI and yes I'm claustrophobic and a big lady. Really terrifies me and for such a dumb thing. It's just for my finger but unfortunately you can't just put your hand in the thing. The I prefer to call it "growth" versus their word "tumor" is on the inside of my finger and according to doc that is unusual. Never said I was normal

Blog Entries
    Mass....thanks for the great block!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Terri, I had an MRI several years ago and I am not fond of closed spaces (used air). The one I went to had bright lights inside the tube and a fan blowing cool air over you. I found if you close your eyes before going in w/ the light and the air it wasn't to bad you could psych yourself into not being in the tube.

Marietta, I almost never follow a premade pattern (except very complicated paper pieced blocks like in my avatar) I almost always make my own pattern from pictures, sometimes I make it all up in my head (don't start w/ a picture) and many times I'll start w/ a picture and just go off the rails changing stuff.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sewbiz, I agree it has become my signature block for this boom, and it was totally unexpected. I had seen the block before the boom started and knew I wanted to make it for a fabric, maybe two, but had no idea it would be so versatile. And I love that it uses so much of the senders fabric, I only have one or two fabrics left that can really work well w/ the block, except if I can find something in my stash that goes w/ some of the fabrics where the instructions have given my more "wiggle room" for choice. lol

Well, Kass, after your fabulous butterfly block, I'm almost embarrassed to post my simple little star for you. I'm calling it a "Citrus Star".

terri Huggs

Libster nothing simple about it to me Its great!

Kass ~ your just awesome :-) I would ask for lessons lol But it probably involves math or paper piecing or something else I avoid at all costs

Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast