Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Blog Entries
    Thanks Mary and Krystyna. I was pretty devastated when I first got the news that it was not Crohn's, but started looking at it as a blessing as I was getting pretty worried about facing repeated intestinal surgeries at some point. I really didn't want to have to go through that. It is just discouraging to be back to no answers. My abdominal pain has been more bearable with the change in pain medications, so there is at least that.
    Disabled does not mean unable.
    Love to all, Robyn

http://pinterest.com/arizonagirl/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    thanks teresa for looking. i remember looking at their site before and they only have the mag in digital format. i prefer the hard copy but if i cannot find it, i will settle for the digital one.

on another note: i see birthday wishes are in order for a special someone. i am sending virtual flowers your way today. happy birthday robyn.

Mary I checked my McCall's issues and I do not have this one. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Disabled does not mean unable.
    Love to all, Robyn

http://pinterest.com/arizonagirl/

Blog Entries
    OK, mailed my SP package yesterday- It has a long way to go-it is REALLY full, so hope I put enough tape on it!! Can't wait till she gets it!

Lori, love that glitter nail polish, I'm sure Krystyna would love it! lol! Robyn, glad its not Crohn's disease but I pray that they do find what is causing the pain. Nothing more worrisome than trying to find what's wrong than knowing what is. Hugs sent your way! Nikki128, I have moved 7x while a military wife at one time, traveled from NYC to Alaska, then upstate NY, then Germany for 6 yrs then Missouri for the last 5 yrs. Then for retirement we moved here to FL where my ex is now retired (we divorced here in FL). So I truly understand about the moving headache. But SP don't worry your box is separated from the moving stuff (I threatened anyone in my home to either touch it or move it ....that includes the dog too Melissa I could just imagine the horror Krystyna had when she saw the glitter fabric! lol! And if she kicks you out, don't worry you can always move in with one of us here...Did I just say "move"?! AAAAAAAAGH!

What a darling little quilt Melissa. You can not be held responsible for the glitter, it's not like you actually brought it into the house yourself. Beside we all need a little glitter in our lives! Don't you think?

Robyn, so sorry you're still having so much problem with your pain. I am really glad that the tests were negative, hope the problem is solved soon.

Hope every one has a very Happy and Blessed Easter.

Gail

Blog Entries
    Oh, yes. I do love that glitter nail polish. I only wish I could paint my teeth with it.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Oh, yes. I do love that glitter nail polish. I only wish I could paint my teeth with it.
    Careful what you wish for.....
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter View Post
    What a darling little quilt Melissa. You can not be held responsible for the glitter, it's not like you actually brought it into the house yourself. Beside we all need a little glitter in our lives! Don't you think?
    its funny thank you say that!!!! i bought a (spoiler alert for brenda) fabric for my doll quilt swap that has glitter in it, and its really pretty and i got a full yard of it, and the left over i gave to K!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Careful what you wish for.....

uh oh, i think someone is getting some glitter from miss cupid!!!!!!

Gonna make a little special item for my sp and off my package will go
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JauntyMelissa View Post
    its funny thank you say that!!!! i bought a (spoiler alert for brenda) fabric for my doll quilt swap that has glitter in it, and its really pretty and i got a full yard of it, and the left over i gave to K!!!!
    It is very pretty and I enjoy looking at in -- all sealed up in a plastic bag.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I went shopping yesterday for a few extra things for my SPs. This morning off to an estate sale that mentioned a thimble collection! I don't collect them myself, but I know that lots of you do ... so hopefully I will snag some. Always happy to get something SMALL to store. Life in a tiny cottage by the sea can get crowded ... especially with a certain someone intent on cramming it full of glitter fabric.

Does anyone do lace tatting? Or lace knitting?
    Krystyna

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Ok my delivery confirmation for my SP says expected delivery was yesterday and that it was out for delivery but then also says it has not been updated.....aahhhh.....just deliver it already!!!
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
    Ok my delivery confirmation for my SP says expected delivery was yesterday and that it was out for delivery but then also says it has not been updated.....aahhhh.....just deliver it already!!!
    LMAO Myrna, I know the feeling!!!!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

uh oh, i think someone is getting some glitter from miss cupid!!!!!!
    Not from me Melissa, just saying that somehow, somewhere, somebody will find GLITTER TOOTHPASTE/PAINT, just because Krystyna WISHED for it!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Not from me Melissa, just saying that somehow, somewhere, somebody will find GLITTER TOOTHPASTE/PAINT, just because Krystyna WISHED for it!
    we actually have edible glitter for cupcakes, or cookies or cakes here, my STBH found it at michael's and the gel glitter is pretty yummy

Melissa,

If Krystyna kicks you out, you can come live with me. My granddaughter's favorite color is "sparkle". I have a huge house, but alas, it is not by the sea! You could visit the Mississippi River if you had the urge.

we actually have edible glitter for cupcakes, or cookies or cakes here, my STBH found it at michael's and the gel glitter is pretty yummy
    Well there ya go!!!!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Myrna, I will go out and look for my mailman. I just KNOW he has your package!
    Cupid, I think I will see if my dentist can make some nice glitter veneers for my teeth. Perhaps I will start a trend.
    Name:  glitter-glitterous-gold-photography-teeth-zach-hyman-Favim.com-83667.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  28.3 KB
    Krystyna

Quote Originally Posted by krystyna View Post
    myrna, i will go out and look for my mailman. I just know he has your package!
    Cupid, i think i will see if my dentist can make some nice glitter veneers for my teeth. Perhaps i will start a trend.
    Name:  glitter-glitterous-gold-photography-teeth-zach-hyman-Favim.com-83667.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  28.3 KB
    omg lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d :d :d :d
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

HINTS for my SP: Mailed your pkg off today going north of me, you have at least 1 "N" in your city and/or state, you have a "0" in your zip code, you like chocolate and you like to sew, you collect things, you are female and last but certainly not least, your high temp today will be 59 degrees! TADA!!!!!! NO MORE HINTS FROM ME!!!! Forgot that you also like to quilt!!

My high temp today is only 60!
    Last edited by mscupid804; 04-07-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    HINTS for my SP: Mailed your pkg off today going north of me, you have at least 1 "N" in your city and/or state, you have a "0" in your zip code, you like chocolate and you like to sew, you collect things, you are female and last but certainly not least, your high temp today will be 59 degrees! TADA!!!!!! NO MORE HINTS FROM ME!!!! Forgot that you also like to quilt!!
    I fit all of that EXCEPT the going N part

Ok, the mailman is picking up my SP's package this afternoon, PM sent to Lori and today's hints: N of me, on a Great Lake, I have sent a previous SP package to this state, and in fact, I believe as a child I have driven thru my SP's town! She and I are also the same age. Enough hints for now....

K~I'm surprised YOU don't do lace tatting...I started learning how to crochet and the whole reason I want to learn is to make the doilies like my granny and great granny used to have and make...they both tried to teach me when I was little and of course, I wanted nothing to do with it at that time...have moved on to a thinner and lighter yarn since I started but not yet ready for the really thin or the lace type....
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    MsCupid, your description fits me to a T -- except .... I received my SP package today!

A HUGE thank you to Quilty-Louise. Mama Mia! That lady knows how to cram a box chock full of goodies!

It would take me an hour to list everything in there, but there were peeps, chocolate, design your own mug, socks, note cards, shopping list, gorgeous blue green fabrics, seaside fabric that I love, love,love, and TINY MONKEY FABRIC -- WHEEEEE! (but no actual tiny monkey ) tape measure fabric, apron fabric, stained glass cross fabric, white on white fabric, white rick rack, a wonderful book on silk quilting and sewing projects with patterns, two other patterns, a ... darn can't think of the word - it's not a piton, hair stretchies, spot mesh for embroidery, gloveless hands or handless gloves or I don't know, something wonderful in a bottle, special stabilizer, a bag full of little wonderful things and I don't even know what they are, sticky notes, a pet record book ... and the bad thing ... -- Do I have to name it? It starts with a G.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter or Happy Passover.
    And if you don't observe either, just have a wonderful day!
    Krystyna

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast