Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Hi Ladies!
    Wow, I miss you all! Great packages coming in. I'm soooo ready to jump in for May!
    The wedding was awesome -- although I cried my way through half a box of tissues before they even got to the altar!
    Here's my baby boy, Blaze, with Jaunty Melissa cutting the cake. (so proud of them that they didn't have a cake fight)
    Attachment 409502
    Great pic Krystna, beautiful couple.
    In my quilt lab!

Congrats to Blaze and Melissa! Glad everything went. Thanks for sharing the picture with us so we could see them.

Blog Entries
    Congrats to Blaze & Melissa.

I miss the SP swap also, but I am not sure when i will be able to join
    again.

We moved mom into a skilled nursing facility and she is under Palliative
    care now, since she was declined for inpatient hospice care. It's hard to
    watch her like this, but we KNOW that we are doing what is best for her
    and not what we want.

I have taken up making yo-yos for something to help occupy my hands,
    while my mind plays back memories from my childhood. Not sure what
    I will turn all the yo-yos into but at this point I am not thinking about it.

Love seeing all the awesome and fun packages coming in.

Hope to join you again someday soon.

L.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Tracibug THANK YOU!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE all my things The bag,purple great!!! I love the fabric all my favorite colors,green purple blue I got lables to sew needles cute kitty Kleenex from japan wood cross,necklace home made a thimble pin cushion so crafty.M&M candy and some very nice patterns!! GREAT PACKAGE.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    That Blaze looks so cute all dressed up -- don't-cha wanna just hug him tight? There better be some chicken left on "the bench"; I'll bring the chocolate chip cookies. I came home yesterday after being away for over three weeks to nothing but a lot of bills!!! Worse than that, there was no chocolate OR ice cream in the house. Rushing out to store RIGHT NOW!

Great packages with some great ideas. Sorry to hear about the shingles -- it seems like they are becoming more and more common lately. I also hear "the shot" doesn't necessarily prevent them. Hope you get some relief soon.

Oh wow I have a grandson with that name but we spell it Blaize. Beautiful couple even with the tats.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Very pretty wedding!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

Hav4boys it's here!!!

Kathy you outdid yourself on my package. Went to the PO today and got an order from Connecting Threads, Nancy's Notions, b-day present from my son and yours. Everything in it is perfect. Love the mixer cover and table runner to match, matches my kitchen to a tee! Where did you find the runner pattern, like it alot? Another book in the series I'm reading and I can have a vodka tonic, wear my fancy new necklace you made, put all my stuff in a beautiful new purse and go on my trip. I am taking it with me. Then decide what to make with all the batiks, take my bobbins that you already sent me a case for, new thread, boy am I set. I can't thank you enough, I love it allName:  DSCF1311.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF1312.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  1.26 MBName:  DSCF1309.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  1.26 MBName:  DSCF1308.JPG
Size:  1.27 MBName:  DSCF1307.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  1.26 MB

Krystyna congratulations to you and may Blaze and Melissa be happy in their new life!

I received my sp package today from nancyw and may I saw that I fell in love with the fabric she sent me. She sent me pinks and soft beiges that are so tranquil! I also received rick racks, pink and white, Raspberry Ice (and it tastes so good!), Dove chocolate which I hid from my dd, a book on Machine Applique and a book on the true story of Jaycee Duggard whom was abducted when she was young and 18 yrs later found. Thank you so much for the pkg. Now I will go and enjoy my chocolate and raspberry ice drink. Thank you Nancy!

April sp swap

Oops sorry to add the photos! Here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Hi Ladies!
    Wow, I miss you all! Great packages coming in. I'm soooo ready to jump in for May!
    The wedding was awesome -- although I cried my way through half a box of tissues before they even got to the altar!
    Here's my baby boy, Blaze, with Jaunty Melissa cutting the cake. (so proud of them that they didn't have a cake fight)
    Attachment 409502
    Beautiful Bride and very handsome grooom, pretty cake too... Know you are happy to have that overwith so you can get back to a normal life... Hug
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Still sitting on the bench who do I have for company?
    I collect Seraphim Angels

still haven't heard from my person and they had to have received.....
    Brenda

So glad you liked it all. Sorry I had you on the bench but I wanted to make everything you requested. Enjoy your vacation and hope book #2 gets there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Kathy you outdid yourself on my package. Went to the PO today and got an order from Connecting Threads, Nancy's Notions, b-day present from my son and yours. Everything in it is perfect. Love the mixer cover and table runner to match, matches my kitchen to a tee! Where did you find the runner pattern, like it alot? Another book in the series I'm reading and I can have a vodka tonic, wear my fancy new necklace you made, put all my stuff in a beautiful new purse and go on my trip. I am taking it with me. Then decide what to make with all the batiks, take my bobbins that you already sent me a case for, new thread, boy am I set. I can't thank you enough, I love it allName:  DSCF1311.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF1312.JPG
Size:  1.26 MBName:  DSCF1309.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  1.26 MBName:  DSCF1308.JPG
Size:  1.27 MBName:  DSCF1307.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  1.26 MB
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    Still sitting on the bench who do I have for company?
    Me too....mail man pulled up to deliver a few packages....hopes went up and then down, one was for mom for something she ordered from Keepsake Quilting and the other was my 3 month rx for my pain patches. UGH I do need them but was disappointed it wasn't from my SP.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Power Poster
    Krystyna very nice picture of the happy couple. Think we would all like to see a pic of you with the dress you choose or a family pic. Glad all went well.
    On the bench also.

What a beautiful bride and handsome groom.

As promised here is a picture of the wonderful package wanda lou sent me. Sorry it took so long.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Sewing

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
    Krystyna very nice picture of the happy couple. Think we would all like to see a pic of you with the dress you choose or a family pic. Glad all went well.
    On the bench also.
    Congatulations to all. I'm with Peg - let's be seeing MIL
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Morning all! Awesome pkgs! PO says my sp pkg was delivered last Thurs., but I know she has alot going on, just hope she did receive it! One of our LQS is going out of business so hope to go and do a little shopping today. Trying to also get some projects finished going to Ohio, our sons graduates on Friday, (He will be a paramedic)so had to make everyone something. Have a great day!

Darlene, I was a paramedic the first time out of college. He will have a lot of fun in his chosen career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashjoy View Post
    Darlene, I was a paramedic the first time out of college. He will have a lot of fun in his chosen career.
    Ashjoy, he is very excited and really seems to enjoy it so far, he is glad to be done with clinicals! He works in a lab now and is glad to be going out.

Blog Entries
    Oh, my goodness! (can you hear Shirley Temple there)!! The packages are just great. Love the wedding pictures! DD got married 5 years ago. It is an emotional time. By the way, if you even know who Shirley is, welcome to "middle" age. Ha Ha.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Onalee,

Not only do I KNOW who Shirley is, but my dad went to school with her
    in the 2nd & 3rd grades, but she is just 7 days older than my dad.

I grew up watching her movies and am trying to get some of them on
    DVD so my dad can watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Oh, my goodness! (can you hear Shirley Temple there)!! The packages are just great. Love the wedding pictures! DD got married 5 years ago. It is an emotional time. By the way, if you even know who Shirley is, welcome to "middle" age. Ha Ha.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

My Wonderful Package

I got the greatest package from Gail aka Sweetwaterquilter. Here some pics of the wonderful goodies that she sent me.

Name:  DSCN2205 (320x240).jpg
Views: 147
Size:  90.7 KB Name:  DSCN2206 (320x240).jpg
Views: 141
Size:  90.9 KB Name:  DSCN2207 (320x240).jpg
Views: 148
Size:  96.0 KB

Along with a handwritten note, she sent me the following:

A new scrap pattern book,

a package of sewing machine needles,

a package of straight pins,

travel size hand sanitizer,

an 8 count of blank cards with kittens on them,

a small notepad,

a lanyard that says "To Quilt is Human, To Finish is Divine." Isn't That the Truth!!

a strawberry the turns into a small tote bag,

a nice bright book cover with hearts on it,

4 of the neatest FQ's... One is a Robert Kauffman of little "chocolate Kisses" Just prefect for the "Snack-themed" fabrics I'm collecting for a TV Time lap quilt. And the others are 30's fabrics. They will make for some cute mini quilts.

A nice length of creamy white solid that I already know where it will go.... I was just thinking about needing some for my 1st attempt at a ribbon border on a mystery quilt that I'm working on. This timing is prefect!!

A Cut...Sew...& Go Reversible totebag panel. The colors are soooo pretty and with the spring flower print in the softest "brights". Well okay - What I would consider as "brights" ... as I'm a CW/Thimbleberry color type girl. The tote is 36" X 44" that claims after washing, it can be made in one hour. We shall see. The "filler" blue-ish polkadot print on the the panel won't go to waste either... I can get some nice 2.5" squares for at least one or two 9-patch blocks & the rest of the bits are destined for my scrap bag for my FWS blocks. I believe this tote will be just the thing to use as my carry bag to my sewing group on Wednesdays.

Thank You Gail for such a wonderful package!! The timing was just prefect after a long & difficult week of multiple family issues. I hope this finds you in improving health.

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    Love that Lanyard, where can we get one, Gail?
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 ... LastLast