Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Thanks, Susan, for letting us know. Please disregard the concerned letter I sent.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    Hello Ladies,

I just got home from visiting with Susan/PinkLotus and I have good news and not so good news.
    The good news is Susan has 4 more sets of blocks that should be mailed out tomorrow with delivery confirmation.
    The other sets will be worked on and mailed soon as possible. Susan did not mean to be away from the board with out communication for so long. Actually she gave her login information to her hubby to post for her... but you know how men are sometimes.... lol... he forgot!
    She did mention that one set was to be mailed overseas and she needed to contact that person about postage...... I truly feel better about this situation and all the blocks being returned. Sometimes unexpected things happen in our lives that just throws us for a loop and we dont' know how to handle the situation.

The not so good news is that Susan is ill. She had a hard time just catching her breathe while talking with me.
    She goes back to the doctor I think she said this Friday. She did experience and still is, a personal crisis. I won't go into details as that is not for me to say. Right now the best way we can help, is to be patient about the swap, all will get their blocks back. The second thing we can do for Susan, her husband and four children is to include them in your prayers and prayer chains. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

I do hope this calms everyones fears or concerns about the swap. After seeing Susan, I truly have no doubt that you will all see the blocks arriving in your mailbox soon.

Thanks y'all !

Lisa B in NC
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

So sorry to hear about your illness, Susan. Thank you so much to all who are helping out. As someone said, you hear about scams and things, so you just don't know what to think. Hope all goes well. Thank you for sending mine.
    Lynn
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

These 4 packages went out swapped today (7/19) are:

- Lisa T. in GA
    - Beth N. in WA
    - Sheri R. in TX
    - Robin Lee P. in ND

Mailed (7/18) swapped packages:

- Peggy B. in MT
    - Felicia A. in CA
    - Beverly H. in UT
    - Lynn W. in VT

I told my husband to ship them with Delivery Confirmation, and I have those numbers if you ladies need them. He is the one handling the shipping, and being a real trooper. PLEASE POST when you receive your blocks just to make double sure you got them.

That's over half of the packages, as alot of people dropped out at the end, or never did send. I didn't get anything done today as I didn't have a good day health wise. Tomorrow I will be busy at the hospital, and will probably be wore out. My plan is to get the rest mailed out by the first half of next week, but I will keep everyone updated of any delays, and post when packages have been mailed.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers, as they are very,very much appericated. It was so nice to meet Lisa and the quilty hug she gave me was really great and lifted my spirits.

Susan/PinkLotus

I am so excited to receive these blocks. Susan, extra prayers will be with you all of Friday. I'm gratful to QK for extending our love and well wishes to you. Your health and family are most important and I wish I were closer to you so I could help.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I am so excited to receive these blocks. Susan, extra prayers will be with you all of Friday. I'm gratful to QK for extending our love and well wishes to you. Your health and family are most important and I wish I were closer to you so I could help.
    Ditto to all of that! Get well soon.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I'm so sorry to hear Susan the difficulties you're having. Bless you. My prayers are with you & your family. Hope there is hope at the doctor's tomorrow. Thanks for sending the blocks!

Susan, I'm praying for you!!! Quilty hugs!!!

Blog Entries
    hello Susan/pinkLotus,
    I'm back from holiday, I've been out for three weeks . I read about your illness and problems. I think I'm the person which you have to send overseas. Do you have my adress?? Or must I send it to you again - please let me know!!!!!!!!!!
    many thanks and hope your health will be better. Send very best wishes to you

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I have a pass it forward today. It's time for me to renew my subscription to McCall's Quilting and I have a free 1 yr. sub to give away. If any of you are interested in receiving this please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line mq sub. Please include your QB name. I'll draw this Aug. 1 and announce the winner and get real name, address, etc. I have given out 2 of these this year to gramiebj and nurse bonnie. Good luck.

Squishy arrived today and I am delighted. Thank you so much. Wonderful colors and nice stitching. Should I contact each person I can by PM, or is this announcement adequate?
    Thank you for blocks go out to:
    Fraew
    Simply Addicted
    Bbemerald
    Annaquilts
    Margaret at Pegs Quilt Studio (2)
    Mainewoods Mammie
    Jaba
    Oz & Lily
    Veronika (Germany?)
    One block unmarked, and one is my own. I think now that I look at it, it must be a bit undersize.
    Lynn
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Got my squishy today too! Thank-you everyone! Pretty amazing all of the colorful batiks & patterns. Thanks for hosting Susan.

Wow that was fast! Pictures anyone that recieved swap sets?
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries

Aren't they pretty?!?

Thank you everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fraew; 07-21-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Fraew they are beautiful! Such a nice variety of colors. Now, decision time.....what to make??

I'm more than pleased with my package today!!! I did two sets. Thank you Jaba, bemerald, Hopetoquilt, Oz&Lily, MaineWoodsMammie, moonrise, Fraew, simply addicted, and whoever sent the navy blocks(3). I Love them all. I plan on making one more square so I have 25...5x5, bordering them in black and making a queen size for my son's room.

Thank you especially, pinklotus, for doing this swap. I hope your days are looking GOOD!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Ooohh keep posting! Very nice.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Post when you're done, I'd love to see it! I bet he'll love it. PinkLotus is doing a great job of mixing them up. Hope she's doing better.

Blog Entries
    Got my Squishies on Saturday. Did not photo, will when I get chance. Thank you everyone for pretty blocks.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Name:  batik swap.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  177.4 KBHere are mine. It's always such fun to get a bunch of blocks. Not sure how I'll use them yet.

These 2 packages went out swapped today (7/23) are:

- Ruth R. in ME
    - Jocelyn B. in NJ

Mailed (7/19):

- Lisa T. in GA
    - Beth N. in WA
    - Sheri R. in TX
    - Robin Lee P. in ND

Mailed (7/18) :

- Peggy B. in MT
    - Felicia A. in CA
    - Beverly H. in UT
    - Lynn W. in VT

I told my husband to ship them with Delivery Confirmation, and I have those numbers if you ladies need them. He is the one handling the shipping, and being a real trooper. PLEASE POST when you receive your blocks just to make double sure you got them.

My plan is to get the rest mailed out by Weds, but I will keep everyone updated of any delays, and post when packages have been mailed.

I am glad everyone is liking what they are receiving. The numbers didn't work out that great at all. If you sent more than 1 set, you will get duplicates back. I am sorry about that, but as I mentioned the other day alot of people dropped out at the last minute, or never did send.

Susan/PinkLotus

Hello Veronika,

I have your address, but I need you to send postage thru Paypal so I can have the funds to ship your blocks back to you. I don't have your personal email, so I have sent you a PM here through the QB. I have your blocks all ready to go, and once I receive the funds your swapped blocks will be shipped back.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    hello Susan/pinkLotus,
    I'm back from holiday, I've been out for three weeks . I read about your illness and problems. I think I'm the person which you have to send overseas. Do you have my adress?? Or must I send it to you again - please let me know!!!!!!!!!!
    many thanks and hope your health will be better. Send very best wishes to you

I am so excited to get my blocks. I am fine with some duplicates. I am going to throw in some blocks of my own to finish it off. Thanks again for running the block exchange. I will post pix when I get my blocks.

Received them yesterday. Thank you. They are lovely.

Name:  qb-batikswap.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  358.6 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

It's sew fun to look at all the pretty blocks. Hope you'll post your finished quilts too.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast