Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

I'll make some Rail Fence blocks. I don't think I've ever made any before! It'll use up some of this jelly roll I bought awhile back. At the time, I was a little disappointed that a lot of the strips were virtually identical, but the duplicates will come in handy for this.

Note to self: Washing jelly roll strips isn't the most fun in the world.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Moonrise, your blocks look great! Mine will get done on Monday. I have off from work next week.

Moonrise, the antique tiles are stunning. I sure hope I get one in the swap.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Got one set done. The pattern is Antique Tile. I hope to do a second set too, but don't know yet what pattern.

Attachment 325615
    Anna Quilts

Pretty blocks, moonrise!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I know I like both too but the merry go round pattern looks a bity scarey to me. I still need to do a sample block. I did do the last two of Deb's swaps including the Dresden plate. I learned how to do a Dresden plate through that and really enjoyed it. I am well under way with the batik blocks, one set done and one partially done. I'd say join both. Hopefully this weekend I can make my sample block for the merry go round swap and see if I can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Paquette View Post
    so any color, any sample block as long as its a batik? that sounds way cool. I may do this. I'm debating between this one and merry-go-round summer block swap. I might do both though. ^_^
    Anna Quilts

Moonrise, those are gorgeous!! Love 'em alot! Sorry about washing the jellyroll strips.. If it was another type of fabric other than Batiks I would say just post a note letting the swappers know it was from an unwashed jellyroll, but with it being Batiks they need a washin'

So glad moonrise posted a pic of her blocks.. Anyone else feel free to do the same when you get them done - that's part of the fun with the sharing!

I'm with Anna Go for both if you can.

Hope everyone is have a great Friday, and I'm off to my sewing lab (what I call my sewing studio) to get some things done..

I would like to sign up for this one. I have the time now. How do I sign up. Also, you are asking for a block that measure 12.5" each. Do you happen to have some free patterns for that size. All the patterns I have the block measures 12". Or do you have a site you can send me to that would have blocks that are the size you want.

I want to participate sign me up please.

Your antique tile blocks are beautiful!
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Thanks, ya'll! I've got set #2 well underway.

It's a good thing I washed the jelly roll strips. My fingertips were a blue-ish color afterwards, from the dye in the fabric!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltbaby View Post
    I would like to sign up for this one. I have the time now. How do I sign up. Also, you are asking for a block that measure 12.5" each. Do you happen to have some free patterns for that size. All the patterns I have the block measures 12". Or do you have a site you can send me to that would have blocks that are the size you want.

I want to participate sign me up please.
    Please send me a PM (Private Meassge) with your name,mailing adress, and you email address to sign-up. Click on my screenname where it is green, and it will say Private Message, click that and you can send me this info..

12.5" is the "Unfinished" Size with your 1/4" seam allowances. When you sew the blocks into a quilt they will be 12" "Finished"

Here is a link to Quilters Cache, and with the blocks that will make 12.5" unfinished blocks (12" Finished):
    http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeC.html

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask

Rail fence set is done. Guess I'd better officially sign up now! LOL!

Name:  railfenceset.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  361.8 KB

Wow moonrise your 2nd set is just as beautiful as your first set!!

Hello - Where can I find blocks that are 12 1/2 inches? I have all kinds but not with the 1/2. Love the batiks!! Have fabrics but cannot find block size. thanks for the help.
    Happy sewing,
    Peg

Blog Entries
    hello, how many sets are allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegsquiltparlor View Post
    Hello - Where can I find blocks that are 12 1/2 inches? I have all kinds but not with the 1/2. Love the batiks!! Have fabrics but cannot find block size. thanks for the help.
    12.5" is the "Unfinished" Size with your 1/4" seam allowances. When you sew the blocks into a quilt they will be 12" "Finished".

Here is a link to Quilters Cache, and with the blocks that will make 12.5" unfinished blocks (12" Finished):
    http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeC.html

If you are unsure if your blocks will be 12.5" "Unfinished" make a test block first (they will be a 12" finished sized when you sew them into a quilt). Several people have asked about this, and the size is very important! It's a standard 12" "Finished Size".

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    hello, how many sets are allowed?
    You may make as many sets of 12 as you like

Hi Susan. Can I play too? I love batiks and am ready for a new challenge. Think I'll just do one set this time. It's my second swap, so I want to do it right.
    Lynn

Of course you can play So glad you decided to join us, and I hope you have fun. I love Batiks also...

I signed up earlier this morning and was rereading..........which blocks do we chose? or is it of our choosing?

Let me know. Can't wait to see them all.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
    I signed up earlier this morning and was rereading..........which blocks do we chose? or is it of our choosing?

You get to choose which blocks you would like to do

Here is everyone I have signed up so far:

- dungeonquilter
    - Mariposa
    - annaquilts
    - jaba
    - atpegsquiltstudio
    - moonrise
    - toriabelle
    - Robinlee
    - Oz & Lily
    - hopetoquilt
    - Quiltbaby
    - LynnVT

When you are ready to mail your blocks please send me a message and let me know, and I will send my mailing address right away. I am on here a good handful of times throughout the day checking messages,etc. so I will get it to you quickly.

If I have overlooked someone that has signed up for this swap, and you don't see your name on the above list please let me know, and I will add you. Still plenty of room for anyone who wants to join in on the fun

Blog Entries
    I think, I will share this swap, but first I want to have a look at my stash, how many sets are possible

Blog Entries
    I found some coordingating batik fabrics, but don't sign me up yet, I have to be sure I can finish my blocks before signed up. Looking for a right pattern to use up the batik fabric strips that were already cut and I want to incorporate. Will keep you posted.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Robinlee,

You choose your own block patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post

Veronika,

You can do as many sets of 12 as you like, and I sent you a PM also

Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I think, I will share this swap, but first I want to have a look at my stash, how many sets are possible

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast