Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Quiltermomma,

Sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I found some coordingating batik fabrics, but don't sign me up yet, I have to be sure I can finish my blocks before signed up. Looking for a right pattern to use up the batik fabric strips that were already cut and I want to incorporate. Will keep you posted.

I received 2 sets from moonrise/Lisa today in the mail... Ohhh, they are really gorgeous in person !!! Thank you also Lisa for the FQ. That was really sweet of you.

Wink 12 identical blocks from 2 rolls of 2 1/2 inch strips? Pattern help needed.

I found it hard to find patterns that I could use 2 1/2 strips and use my roll of strips. I have two rolls that are the same giving me by the looks of it 4-6 strips that are the same but I have not found a pattern yet that I could get 12 identical blocks out of two rolls. If some one has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I found some coordingating batik fabrics, but don't sign me up yet, I have to be sure I can finish my blocks before signed up. Looking for a right pattern to use up the batik fabric strips that were already cut and I want to incorporate. Will keep you posted.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I found it hard to find patterns that I could use 2 1/2 strips and use my roll of strips. I have two rolls that are the same giving me by the looks of it 4-6 strips that are the same but I have not found a pattern yet that I could get 12 identical blocks out of two rolls. If some one has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.
    http://www.jellyrollquilters.com/pag...k-of-the-month Here is one site to look at.
    Last edited by hopetoquilt; 04-13-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Great site hopetoquilt, and those are perfect for the jelly roll strips. I too am trying to think of what would work...

Blog Entries
    I found a bunch, must have been 1.5 yards, of 2.5" strips that I had cut up for another quilt a long time ago. So I had to figure out a pattern with what batiks I have. I am going to do the double nine patch since the strips will work perfect for that block. So put in a new blade and went to town. I still have enough left that I may have to make another set of blocks with the 2.5" strips. Will have to think hard again on what to do. I may implement the merry go round block that is going on in another swap to this one just to use those strips up. It would work. I am just a cutting addict. Love to cut that fabric. Cut out five sets of 12 blocks each in just a couple hours while embroidery machine stitching out design. What was I thinking?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

So glad you joined us QuilterMomma Sounds like you are having alot of fun, and I am busy sewing today also and getting into some fun.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Oh, I also meant to mention that Connecting Threads is having a huge sale, which includes Batiks at $4.16 a yard!!! Not affliated just posting a source. I have bought from them in the past including Batiks, and they have good quality stuff.

Here is the link to their website: www.connectingthreads.com
    And here is the direct link to the Batik sale (while supplies last): http://www.connectingthreads.com/Fab...t2--BatiksSale

First block...

I made one of the first block I had planned. I am so nervous about being exact enough. Wondering what you all think!
    Attached Images Attached Images

hopetoquilt, that is GORGEOUS!! and looks perfect to me

I like it but then I think I made a set of 12 that would go well with yours. It might even be the same type of pattern. It is lovely and very nice colors.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Love those fabrics. I may even have pieces of them in my stash. This is giving me ideas on ways to sash these blocks together. Using all the batik scraps, cutting them into squares and using them as the sashing on the blocks or use as borders. So excited, lets see some more.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I've been sewing like crazy, in between all the other stuff we all do. Have 2 sets of 12 done, working on the third and the 4th is in the washing machine. Will post pics soon. This is great to send all the blocks in and then get all the blocks back in 1 shot. Thank you so much pinklotus for doing this

Morning - looking at everyones blks - they look awesome. Thought I had two sets done, but seeing everyones 12 blk set went back to read directions and see I need 12 for a set. Oh well, have them done at least. Gonna try and see if I could get another set done by deadline. Thanks for hosting.
    Margaret.
    P.S. I am doing the maple leaf pattern.

Blog Entries
    This is my sets of 12, 1st set "Crossroads to Jericho" pink, lavender and yellow, 2nd set "Birds in the Air" purple and green, 3rd set "Card Trick" orange, brown and green, 4th set "Churn Dash" blue, green and yellow gold. Hope you all like these.

Blog Entries
    Name:  DSCF0541.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  1.21 MBName:  DSCF0542.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF0543.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF0545.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  1.22 MB

Blog Entries
    Sorry everyone, can't get this pic thing down too well. Had these on a design wall but if you go to my albums, just click on the batik one that is listed. They're all pictured there.

You all are very welcome. I have enjoyed hosting this so far and look forward to hosting more swaps in the future. I already have some more ideas swirling around in my head

Jaba, your blocks are gorgeous!! Don't you just love how Batiks can take blocks to a whole new level!!

Anyone who is thinking about joining we still have plenty of room

This block is beautiful!!!! I hope I get one for my quilt ;o)

Your blocks are beautiful......love the colors in the 9-patch

Blog Entries
    Ooh ooh pick me, pick me.

QuilterMamma is rip roaring through all her swap blocks at lightening speed! What an incentive to just get 'er done.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Pink Lotus my 4 sets are on the way to your house. Mailed them yesterday.

Hi PinkLotus! I've sent you a pm since I'd love to join this swap. Love batik fabrics. Love everyone's block so far.

Welcome Bbemerald to the swap.. So glad you joined us

jaba/Jan your beautiful blocks arrived Monday. They are soooooo gorgeous!!!

I sent you a PM...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast