Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2909

Thread: Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

WMUTeach, I LOVED your candies! I want to do a quilt in them some day.

WMUTeach, are we supposed to guess? If so, I'm going with Frederik Chopin or Charlie Daniels Band!
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Blog Entries
    I noticed several ladies had themes and/or color groupings in my birthday presents. And since I made a quilt using each ladies groupings together, what I saw was more pronounced. I loved everything everyone sent, themed or random. This thread was one of my favorites on the QB.

I thought it would make it funner cutting all the squares. I am going to start my cutting this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
    Hav4, I have been doing the "theme" thing for a couple of years now three, I think. I can't what my theme is this year because not every one has celebrated their special day yet. I have not had any complaints and it sure makes it fun for me. I chose my theme for 2018-19 about two months ago and have been slowly cutting squares as I come across fabric that fits my theme of......Nope not telling!

Hint: I like music.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

have4boys I have done themes in the past. One year it was all black & white and grey. So if you have a great collection of one color or theme, I'm all for it.

A Lights Swap (creams) was successful a few years ago. Just sayin.
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Aborning, I sure an happy you live in the state of MN. I just found my B-day cards that I prepared to mail that got moved to a new pile, so guess they will have to go out in the mail tomorrow. At least from MN to MN I should not be late.

January birthday girls, you cards will be mailed tomorrow Jan 11th.
    Hostess for the Ornament Swap. Watch for details coming later on this year. Come join in on all the fun

AnnieQuilts - my package arrived today. Thank you!

Old Cat Lady, Sure you can guess. Although I like Chopin, my squares are closer to Charlie Daniels but not too close. Tee-Hee!

Hi Hav4boys......yes you can pick a theme of the fabrics that you plan on sending. As long as the follow the 100% cotton 2.5" squares.

Anyone can do this but YOU DO NOT have to send a theme of squares. some of us have more than others. Share what makes you happy.

Barb

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    I have a question... for next year is it okay to pick a theme for my candies? For example... red and white and have all fabrics that fall into that category? Or all batiks? Would you be disappointed if you received candies like that. I think it would be fun to do a theme of forest... all colors of a forest and materials with that theme. Just a thought and looking for input.
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

I did use WMUTeach candies in one of my squares. It is one of my favorites!

Barb

Quote Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
    WMUTeach, I LOVED your candies! I want to do a quilt in them some day.

Hello ladies....

List keeps growing........

Returning for more fun....
    aborning
    anoka quilter
    barbarakibler23
    crispy_frog
    Happylab
    Hav4boys
    Jaba
    Jane Quilter
    Janice McC
    JuanitaBeans
    kele
    MizMelly
    Patrick's Mom
    Travelinggramma
    WMUTeach

Still waiting on a few more to let me know if they are rejoining.

I'm still hoping aborning receives her Bday Candy on time. I believe it was dropped in the mail Monday. Probably postmarked Tuesday.

I've done theme Bday candy groups each year too. This year it was civil war prints. In the past I've done reds, florals, hounds tooth, and kaffe fasset prints. For 2018 (YES I'm in, if I'm allowed. I really don't know my ontime/late ratio.... And December's took FOREVER to travel.) I'm using a box of fqs I ordered from a $1 sale. I'll have to supplement a few I have on hand because I swear there's denim in there. :::Note to self. Don't buy random fqs even if the price is good.::: some of them aren't pretty as fqs, BUT will be wonderful candy!

I also package all my sets in February/March, and prepare my handmade cards. It should be easy to get them off on time, but this year I miscalculated my card size and printed them ALL up before I realized I'd have to also make envelopes. Those are my nemesis for sure!
    Last edited by SheriR; 01-12-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Also, here is my January Sew-a-long block. I MUST thank all the ladies who donated snowflake prints - respectively - fraew, AnnieQuilts, barb, rosemary, pinkflowers, and trishb. I hope I didn't forget anyone. I apologize profusely if I did and please PM me so I can thank you publically. If you don't see your donation in the block, rest assured I used them in the Christmas Stockings I made!

After stitching my January block together I realized it looked a lot like April. BLUE..... so first I REDID April. I like it so much more! Orange is really better for Easter and I needed the pretty bright color! Then I got a beautiful assortment of light/white snowflake prints (thank you again Rosemary)so I picked out most my dark snowflakes and added light blues, white and teals. I love it!

I'm really excited for February and the finish. I'll be bordering all my blocks with mixes of the white candy I used in behind each embroidered piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by SheriR; 01-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    SheriR~

Snowmen are so cute SheriR...love the orange one also.

Received packages today from Rosemary Attaway and Patricks Mom! Thank you!!

Barb - Hubby says I should join this year's swap because he thought I had fun with it. So, sign me up - I'm in for 2018!

Blog Entries
    SheriR....Your snowmen are great. Love the scrappy blocks..

SheriR, your blocks are all so cute and colorful. It will made a pretty cute quilt. I’ve enjoyed watching the different blocks from you and everyone else throughout the year.

SheriR, can hardly wait for you to post a pic of your adorable birdie blocks for the year.
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Your birdie blocks are so sweet, SheriR. I only did two of the blocks and hope to get others done this year. We'll see...

And, oh! My birthday package from you arrived today. Thank you!

I would like to join this year, not sure if it's too early for a newbie....even though we are trying to sell house/move. I counted my 2.5 inch scrap box and could put at least 6 packages together just from that...

I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed this project. I told Barb at the start that if I didn't use SOME OF MY candy this year I couldn't be in the swap anymore. I actually have two candy projects going. Besides the birdie blocks I've been making one 12x12 candy block a month.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkflowers View Post
    Your birdie blocks are so sweet, SheriR. I only did two of the blocks and hope to get others done this year. We'll see...

And, oh! My birthday package from you arrived today. Thank you!
    @pinkflowers. YIPEE at receiving candy!! I have hope aborning will receive hers on time too!!
    SheriR~

Not swap related, but does anyone have recommendations for fabric shops or anything quilty, really, in the Orlando, FL, area? Will be there in a few weeks and have a day with no plans.

I was just in the Orlando area last month visiting my son and his wife. They live in Davenport, south of Orlando. I used google maps to see what shops were around, but never ended up going because the closest one was a 45 minute drive. The drive just didn't fit into our schedule - maybe next visit. I can't remember the shop names, but maybe you can try a google maps search. Have fun there!

Quote Originally Posted by kele View Post
    Not swap related, but does anyone have recommendations for fabric shops or anything quilty, really, in the Orlando, FL, area? Will be there in a few weeks and have a day with no plans.

Kele, gave my national quilt shop book to a buddy in Gulf Shores, sorry. I'd google before leaving WA.
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 ... LastLast