Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 06-21-2014, 11:35 AM

Well, ok then. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Thanks for all you do janice don't know what's up with the email thing because I have it and I'm excited about getting the package :-)
Old 06-21-2014, 01:28 PM

Default Buzzing In

Hello fellow boomers!

Just buzzing in here to let you know that I have been very buzzy...uh....busy. Thanks to my wonderful Mr. B and Brother who stepped in to take over the primary care for my mother who is 84 next week - giving me a couple of days to catch up on some things. So here it is.....a photo of my very organized sewing room! Ok ....no tomato throwing or loud booing.....this photo is just a fleeting moment in time, captured to inspire each of you to believe that it can be done with comic book cardboard backers and a day of uninterrupted determination.

I am ready! Bring on the squishies! My "Queen Bee" is cleaned and well-oiled. My ruler collection now hangs on the side of the bookcases, blender fabrics on a shelf of their own. My new (old) Katz Stevens CD is in the blaster and rotary cutter refills loaded in size 28, 45 and 60. Copies of favorite Quilters Cache patterns in the three ring binder and on the cutting table.

Now, here's the truth.....by Tuesday morning when I move on the squishies, I won't remember where anything is and the meltdown will begin! Until then, bubble bath is next on the list

Buzzing out for now,
Bee
Attached Thumbnails getting-organized.jpg  
Old 06-21-2014, 02:58 PM

I have the email not the package 🎁 yet. Bee your sewing room is beautiful and I am a tad jealous. I've been working on some things so I have quite the mess right now but at least I'll have the time to commit to the beautiful fabrics that are headed my way
Old 06-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I have the email not the package  yet. Bee your sewing room is beautiful and I am a tad jealous. I've been working on some things so I have quite the mess right now but at least I'll have the time to commit to the beautiful fabrics that are headed my way
This photo will be long forgotten when all the fun fabrics land on Monday or Tuesday!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:13 PM

Girl, I have never been that organized in my life! I have a sewing room, but it sure doesn't look that nice. I can always wish though!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Girl, I have never been that organized in my life! I have a sewing room, but it sure doesn't look that nice. I can always wish though!

Libster,

The first thing on my list when I finally retired (46 years), was a sewing room and a new machine. So I took over an upstairs bedroom. My son built me a new table using upper kitchen cabinets and discarded Formica for the top. I bought the book shelves at Home Depot.....and I got my new machine. I love it! It is an 11' x 12' room.....it has evolved into my serenity space! It rarely looks like the photo
Old 06-21-2014, 06:26 PM

It is nice to go inside and shut the door and leave everything else on the outside, isn't it? I'm using a bedroom too, but it has never looked that spotless. I think I'm just a lost cause. LOL I sure do love spending time in there though!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:21 AM

Wow! Love your sewing room Bee. I am almost finished with mine but it is not as organized as yours. Yes, I am just a bit envious. LOL I also have my favorite patterns from Quilters Cache in a binder. I also mark my patterns that I have made with a star if it is easy and any notes I think I will need.
I am so ready, let the fun begin!
Have a great day everyone!
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 06-22-2014, 05:26 AM

BeeBeatty what a nice cheery room you have to sew in. I want to paint mine but everytime I look at what needs to come off the walls first I convince myself white is just fine. I cleaned mine yesterday though and got the little pieces and strings that were making the carpet a whole different color almost vacumned all up and gone. It was mostly putting away what had been drug out and left, trust me it was time. Ready for all the little bundles and your instructions now.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:54 AM

I have an upstairs room that goes across the whole house but the roof is slanted so the only place you can stand up right is the center....but I just finished painting it a pretty green, going to shampoo the carpet up there. move the bed and couch around and it JUST MIGHT become MY sewing room! The only thing I don't like about it is there is NO bathroom up there and the steps are attic steps so really steep. Im sure mine would NEVER be organized like yours are. But a sewing room is for having FUN and I could definitely do that anywhere! Great job Bee! I LOVE that yellow color.