Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-11-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What do you think? These are my ugly FQs... I think they could be pretty as a sampler quilt. The smaller pieces on top of the bigger pieces would be a coordinate that I would send along too. Anyone feel inspired by these?

I solemnly swear no piggies, even I can occasionally be an adult.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I'm an odd quilter in that I'm much better at FMQ, and raw edge applique than piecing. I use a lot of hand embroidery beads, and buttons in my quilts. I haven't done much piecing. I did the Craftsy 2012 BOM and that turned out pretty good. Anyone (3 month boom) who wants hand embroidery or beads on their blocks let me know. The beads would not be good on a bed quilt, only on a wall hanging. I design most of my own quilts and may try to design these blocks but they're going to have to be simple while I work on my skills. It says we can use applique so I may try some of that.
I love when someone takes the time to do embroidery on blocks for me hand or machine. I love appliqué and often use it myself.

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
mjp, Feel free to embroider on anything you make for me.

Here's my fabric auditions for BOOM 18. The LEO gold is the focus, with colors I think go well with it. Medium to dark reds, even to purple red. Orange and some yellows. I think I'll wait to decide the sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563455[/ATTACH]
Ohhhhh how pretty love the colors

Originally Posted by marietta View Post
I have way to much fabric in my stash, to go out and buy some. So am trying to go thru mine Here are two possibilities...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563457[/ATTACH]

I love the dick and Jane fabrics I have an FQ or 2 from that line too.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Here are my fabrics and inspiration. My 11 yr old GD is getting a new larger bed. Her favorite color is rainbow. So when I had seen this quilt I thought if each of you took a color and made it into a block that read that color it would be awesome. What do you think?
TG great colors and I love your idea what fun.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Oh ME ME ME I will sacrifice and use the 9 x 40 more repeats!!!!!! I have formulated a madd plan!!!!

It's all yours my friend! and I was thinking I could talk you into that option. hahahaha
Old 12-11-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
It's all yours my friend! and I was thinking I could talk you into that option. hahahaha
Awe you know me so well : )
Old 12-11-2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
MJP I love embrodery....havent done it much myself but love the blocks I get with it done to..Im loving ALL the fabric Ive seen so far. I get my other cataract out on Thursday so hopefully I can get back into sewing without seeing different out of both eyes!! I did finish binding my Boom 16 quilt today. I told the quilter to use orange thread when quilting it and she did...First time Ive ever used any color beside black/white in quilting and trying to decide if I like it or not...have a friend that wants to buy it but how do you ever put a price on a quilt you love?? I think the blocks in this quilt are by far my favorite of all the 10 booms + that ive been in!!

WOW!!!!! absolutely stunning I love everything about it.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

TG, love the rainbow idea. Would we just add other fabrics in the same color?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:22 PM

Trav...its suppose to be queen but it doesnt hang far over the edges...IF I were to make another one with a center star I would add another border on the outside of the blocks to set them off better. Im NOT an orange person or green but I loved this fabric. I actually made 6 of the Carpenters stars out of various colors to make a quilt but didnt like them all together so used this one as a center piece. Im thinking about using one of the other stars in Boom 18 also. I need to check my stash!!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
A2P, those colors are scrumptious. That print is so unusual were you thinking about a special purpose quilt?
Kass-not a special purpose, no,just something I thought would be fun and unusual. Joanelizbay's quilt shows how pretty an orange shade can be.
That Dick & Jane fabric is great! Just love it and the romance mix. I also like when the fabric and ideas are posted. You quilters have such skill it really inspires me.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:59 PM

I love the way you used the boom blocks in this quilt, I might be stealing this idea...

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
MJP I love embrodery....havent done it much myself but love the blocks I get with it done to..Im loving ALL the fabric Ive seen so far. I get my other cataract out on Thursday so hopefully I can get back into sewing without seeing different out of both eyes!! I did finish binding my Boom 16 quilt today. I told the quilter to use orange thread when quilting it and she did...First time Ive ever used any color beside black/white in quilting and trying to decide if I like it or not...have a friend that wants to buy it but how do you ever put a price on a quilt you love?? I think the blocks in this quilt are by far my favorite of all the 10 booms + that ive been in!!
Old 12-11-2016, 02:49 PM

Well I was inspired by the triangle blocks in the BH mystery. I was playing w/ the layouts and one of them and had an idea I wanted to try. I needed another block for boom 17 so I made it for that set. [ATTACH=CONFIG]563529[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20161211_161602.jpg  
Old 12-11-2016, 02:59 PM

TG I like the idea of a rainbow quilt.
Marietta you're 50s fabric looks very fun.
Joane the gold/orange quilt is glorious. I love how you had enough white so the orange isn't overwhelming. I just wrestled with a similar problem and ended up choosing green. Your solution is very elegant.