Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-15-2016, 12:50 PM

Terri..Im so sorry for the loss of your daughters friend....hugs dear friend!!
Had left eye done today and can see great at a distance...not so good close up. I couldnt even use my phone earlier to see who was calling me! This one was a tad rougher than the lst one..not sure why but there is a little more pain where last time I hardly had any.Im sure it will get better...just need something to let me see close up!

(((((((((( terri))))))))))))
Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Joan, all of my friends who've had this done are using plain old reader glasses for up close vision now. Their worse time was between getting the first and second one done.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:28 PM

I know a few people who had this done and not one said they were sorry. I'm sure it'll be better in a few days. Rest up! Gentle hugs....
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Terri..Im so sorry for the loss of your daughters friend....hugs dear friend!!
Had left eye done today and can see great at a distance...not so good close up. I couldnt even use my phone earlier to see who was calling me! This one was a tad rougher than the lst one..not sure why but there is a little more pain where last time I hardly had any.Im sure it will get better...just need something to let me see close up!

(((((((((( terri))))))))))))
Old 12-15-2016, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the hugs and support. Think it is harder this time of year as we have such high expectations for everything to be perfect. I have nothing but happy memories of Peggy and keep reminding myself she is truly at peace and pain free, it makes me smile thinking of her. We are listening for a bell.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:23 PM

Thanks for all the replys ladies I'm not ignoring you been gone all day w/o internet access.

Terri, so sorry for your loss.

Janice that was BEFORE the scrubbing!!!!!!! Janice and Billi, both are beautiful kitchens. Mine is tiny and utilitarian.

I think I've decided not to go to the hospital, but to call and check in a few times. I can't shake the feeling that not letting me know was a message that I was not wanted. The person having the surgery is my latest step mother. I like her well enough. My father is the passive aggressive family member. We do not have a great relationship, definately not a typical father knows best type thing. W/o going way TMI he kidnapped us twice, was very mean about our mother, and there was abuse, has never acknowledged it and said one time, "I am sorry for what you think happened" and then said "I will never talk about it again" I would have cut him out of my life entirely then, but having a "relationship" (even if fake) was important to my Gma, and for her I would do nearly anything. I didn't include any of that background info so as not to prejudice your answers.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Based on what you just said, I totally agree with your decision to stay away. The extra info changes everything. ((((((Hugs))))))

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Thanks for all the replys ladies I'm not ignoring you been gone all day w/o internet access.

Terri, so sorry for your loss.

Janice that was BEFORE the scrubbing!!!!!!! Janice and Billi, both are beautiful kitchens. Mine is tiny and utilitarian.

I think I've decided not to go to the hospital, but to call and check in a few times. I can't shake the feeling that not letting me know was a message that I was not wanted. The person having the surgery is my latest step mother. I like her well enough. My father is the passive aggressive family member. We do not have a great relationship, definately not a typical father knows best type thing. W/o going way TMI he kidnapped us twice, was very mean about our mother, and there was abuse, has never acknowledged it and said one time, "I am sorry for what you think happened" and then said "I will never talk about it again" I would have cut him out of my life entirely then, but having a "relationship" (even if fake) was important to my Gma, and for her I would do nearly anything. I didn't include any of that background info so as not to prejudice your answers.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

I agree Kass... good decision to stay away. The phone calls to check (or just one phone call) are enough to show your concern. I would keep a father like that at arms's length, for sure. When your gma is gone you can forget all about him, altogether.

Sorry for the situation!
Old 12-15-2016, 06:55 PM

Oh stay away. Especially if he is going to be there. When abuse happens all bets are off. So sorry for your situation.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:56 PM

I am practicing 12 1/2 inch blocks. I had a sampler that need 4 blocks to finish it for what I wanted. I'm practicing a curved block. If it doesn't turn out, none of you will be getting that block.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:03 PM

mjp, when I do curved piecing I pin the centers together, then pin the leading 1/2 (the 1/2 that will be sewn first) and gently guide the back half as I sew.