Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group >

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Old 01-04-2018, 02:16 PM

I mailed my package today and sent tracking number. It cost $7.20
Old 01-04-2018, 03:23 PM

we have 16 inches and not done yet! We are warm and safe hoping we don't lose power! Stay safe everyone!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 04:40 PM

Just got a "weather alert"..seems a water main broke in the next street over so we are under a boil order until further notice...I bet its an icy mess at the end of the street where the main is!! I agree with LJ..be safe everyone across the whole USA
Old 01-04-2018, 06:21 PM

By the time I ship, cost is expected to be $7.25.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I mailed my package today and sent tracking number. It cost $7.20
Old 01-04-2018, 06:40 PM

My EQ8 (Electric Quilt 8) arrived today. IN reading the quick start guide, I discovered it is allowed on two computers. If you would like the serial number and password to download a copy, send me a PM. Saturday I will draw from a hat all names that are interested. Sharing my blessing.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:09 AM

Please remember to email me your tracking info. I'm receiving notifications of incoming packages but don't know who sent them or if they are even for this swap.

Need to hear from NanaKathy55. NK, please check your email and reply. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-05-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Here in Mississippi, I doubt there's a single snow plow.... When we ever get snow, it gets packed down in the road from all the gawkers out looking at everything covered with snow. That makes it hard and icy, so they come along with sand to help with traction. Not out in the country, tho. Just in town, on bridges and such. We got 5" last month and it pretty well paralyzed the communities. LOL. I grew up in Massachusetts, tho, and remember the snow plows well. Just about when you got your driveway all shoveled, the plow would come by and dump a mountain across the end of your driveway. There were the city plows, and for extreme times, they would also hire on small contractors-- guys who just happened to own a truck and a plow attachment they could put on it when needed. Good times... (not) .

We have beautiful sunny weather again today, and it's starting to creep up towards 40. That means broken water pipes are thawing out and leaking. We have a standing spigot up at the front of the property that was wrapped really well with foam insulation, but hubby says the water in it still froze and blew the top of it off. So now he's out there dealing with plumbing repair. We have no water pressure here at the house. But we are in better shape than a lot of people. Hope all our Boomers are safe and warm.
I cannot believe all the snow we got. My car is buried I live in a complex who does not know how to plow. We have 5 cars in the lot and all of us are buried due to the way they plowed. It was not entirely all their fault there's just no place to put the snow. My husband had heart surgery last yr, and I have had issues this year making shoveling for us a nightmare. We will survive somehow. Going out later to see if we can get out somehow as I am working tomorrow maybe
Old 01-05-2018, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
I cannot believe all the snow we got. My car is buried I live in a complex who does not know how to plow. We have 5 cars in the lot and all of us are buried due to the way they plowed. It was not entirely all their fault there's just no place to put the snow. My husband had heart surgery last yr, and I have had issues this year making shoveling for us a nightmare. We will survive somehow. Going out later to see if we can get out somehow as I am working tomorrow maybe
You probably have thought this, but when I need "special" shoveling, I ask a teenage neighbor to do it. I pay them generously -- it's worth the price to save my back. Teens too young to have a regular job seem to appreciate the opportunity!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:13 AM

If my nephew was not staying with us right now, I would be hiring the kid down the street as well. We do have a snow blower, but there is always that shoveling on the heavy wet stuff that you can't get otherwise.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:26 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586623[/ATTACH]
Here is my fabric. Looks darker than really is. Having to replace a quilt that nephew's dog ate. Was a Civil War swap from a few years back. Loved the quilt and it blended so nicely in my spare room. In my note, I request that you use red, brown, blue, or greens, but no bright colors. This is to be the muted hues of the Civil War era. If you have that type of fabric, fabulous, if not, just be sure they are not bright colors. Muted grayish values
Attached Thumbnails swap-fabric.jpg