Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 05-29-2018, 10:04 PM

It’s from fat quarter shops sew sampler box.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:04 PM

This is such a cute block. Are you making these as part of a project.

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I did it! I finished the second “beginner” barn block and it came out to 12 1/2. Thanks everyone for your help...I set up my machine to do a scant 1/4 inch and really took my time and it worked. Ok. I can do this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595158[/ATTACH]
Old 05-29-2018, 11:17 PM

I am relatively new to the board and brand new to booms. I am excited and wondering what it will be like. I have swapped blocks before but not like this.

I have a DH that makes me laugh every day. We will be married eight years this November. I have a little dog which if you look closely you can see in my photo. He also makes me laugh everyday and also exercise. Another person mentioned thinking they would never quilt again. That was me. It is too long of a story. I actually found this board thinking I would sell all my stuff during a move and maybe through this site. Some how, instead, I ended up joining a block exchange that I could complete after I moved and now I am quilting again. Dreaming of quilts and so excited it is back. I have two step kids. I am not sure I will join a local guild. I will try and find one that fits but right now the QB seems to be a good fit for me. I now live in OR and am still learning what it will be like to live here after spending so many years in WA state.

I am impressed with the camaraderie in this group. It is part of what made me want to join. Look forward to getting to know each one of you better.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:06 AM

Pam your block looks great and it’s always such a relief when it measures the correct size.

Darcyshannon the comraderie in this group is very special.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:12 AM

Awesome job, so glad you didn't let it intimidate you. Blocks no matter how simple or how complicated are just 2 pieces of fabric and one seam at a time.
I did it! I finished the second “beginner” barn block and it came out to 12 1/2. Thanks everyone for your help...I set up my machine to do a scant 1/4 inch and really took my time and it worked. Ok. I can do this.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:14 AM

Also I don't know how you constructed your hst's but look up the magic 8 way of making them, it will change your life! lol
Old 05-30-2018, 05:16 AM

Pam, your block is amazing!! Great job. It will be perfect for boom swap pattern.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:22 AM

Darcyshannon, I'm happy you found the QB and instead of selling your stuff, fell in love with quilting again. Hope you love OR - I think it would be a place I would live. One of my favorite times to sew is when it is raining. I sit by a big window and enjoy the beauty of nature while sewing. You will love this Boom!
Old 05-30-2018, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
This is such a cute block. Are you making these as part of a project.
I’m doing the block of the month from my sew sampler boxes. 10 more months to go...
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Also I don't know how you constructed your hst's but look up the magic 8 way of making them, it will change your life! lol
I wondered about that. I followed their directions exactly but don’t understand why they didn’t have us do them this way, would have been so much easier. Next time I see these little bad boys I will probably stray from the instructions enough to make them the crazy 8 way.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 AM

PamelaOry, your block came out great. Love your tenacity! And btw, that’s definitely no beginner block. Yay, you!