Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 05-31-2018, 04:24 PM

Bootsy glad you made it safely to California
Old 05-31-2018, 05:15 PM

Default Boom is about to close!

We are down to the wire. Less than three hours to sign up! Come on, I know somebody else wants to join!
Old 05-31-2018, 05:25 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595297[/ATTACH]

My fabric but not sure which i’m Sending & what is sashing. I want to make a lap quilt for a friend with no close family whose been hospitalized twice this year and just got home from her second stay. She wanted to pay me to make her a quilt a few years ago but she wanted more than I can handle. So i’ll Put together one I can & gift it to her.

Glad your cross country trip is in the books, Bootsy!
Attached Thumbnails 84254783-a62c-4aaf-99d5-6576323f64ec.jpeg  

Last edited by GramE; 05-31-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:21 PM

GramE's post got me wondering, (this is my first boom so this will be the first of many questions) do we usually send the same fabric to everyone in our group or can it be a variety of 18"x 10" pieces that maybe all complement each other? Thanks Crystal
Old 05-31-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by coullmills View Post
GramE's post got me wondering, (this is my first boom so this will be the first of many questions) do we usually send the same fabric to everyone in our group or can it be a variety of 18"x 10" pieces that maybe all complement each other? Thanks Crystal

As as long as it is the prewashed and the correct size, it’s your choice what to send. I’m probably sending the pink and blue, then will use the floral as sashing but that could change by morning.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:01 PM

GramE - so soft and feminine - love it - its been awhile since we had some of those to play with.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:17 PM

Hi all,
Here are my fabrics for this boom:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595299[/ATTACH]

The sugar skull fabric was used on the back of a graduation quilt. If you get it, please say a prayer for the young lady that received it. She had a stroke 10 days before graduation and had a 2nd one a few days after graduation. They don't know what caused the strokes and she is undergoing tests.

On a happier note, I have been married for 46 years with 2 grown children with no grandchildren in sight. Oh well, they both have jobs and support themselves so that will have to do.

I first started sewing in elementary school through 4-H. My first quilt was made in the early 70's following the instructions in a magazine. It was tied and made of flannel. When my poor husband took it to the laundermat it disintegrated in the dryer. He felt so bad, but I was glad he did it before I gave it to my friend.

My first boom was number 3. I've been in continuously since, but originally if there were 2 groups, they each got their own boom number instead of different named groups in the same boom.
Attached Thumbnails sam_1977.jpg  
Old 05-31-2018, 07:24 PM

I'm curious if there is anyone here who was in the original Boom #1??
Old 05-31-2018, 07:51 PM

I cut my Boom fabric awhile back, but in typical moonrise fashion, I changed my mind. The "new" fabric is in the drye® as we speak. I'll get photos after I cut it.

A little about me: My hubby and I have been together since I was 13 (although we weren't allowed to date until I was 16, of course). We were even born in the same hospital, a little over a year apart. We got married when I was 20, and will be celebrating our 30th anniversary in a little over 3 weeks. <3 We don't have kids, but we have several furkids that are special to us. My hobbies include sewing (especially making purses and pouches), nearly all artsy-craftsy things, camping, nature, photography, etc.

I've been in Booms #3 - #17, but then took a break. A terrible case of "quilting funk" hit me in 2016, and my confidence and motivation flew right out the window. I even had DH disassemble my quilting frame and take it and my machine to our storage unit. Pretty bad, huh? But I'm hoping that doing a few block swaps and playing with some nifty new rulers and some fresh new fabrics will make my mojo come back. My quilting may have taken a break, but my fabric-buying didn't! LOL!

Nice to "see" everyone again.

Oh, the drye® just sang its little song to let me know the fabric is dry. Off to ir0n and cut it.

Last edited by moonrise; 05-31-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:47 PM

Okay, my F8s are cut and ready to go. Here's a sneak peek, along with the note that'll be included with them. The fabric is prettier in person.

Hi there! :-) Enclosed is my fabric for the Boom 21 swap. Everyone will receive either a blue or a brown F8, and a smaller piece of deer fabric. If at all possible, please incorporate the deer fabric into the block. If you need to add fabric, please use shades of blues and/or browns. This quilt will be going into our camper, which is a cargo trailer that we converted. My husband loves deer, so the whole camper is done in a deer theme (all blues and browns), with the curtains and other accessories made of the deer fabric. Thanks for swapping with me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595314[/ATTACH]

Edited to add: The smaller piece of deer fabric is about 11" x 13" (or equivalent), so there should be plenty to work with.
Attached Thumbnails boom21fabrics.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 05-31-2018 at 09:53 PM.