Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 02-20-2019, 04:42 PM

It's so good to hear the good news Terri! Though not so good on all the snow . . . We only got about 4" and that was enough -but SD does not plow snow like MN does. We have a deal here, we don't pay income tax and the State doesn't plow the snow. We learn to live with it, and employers are way easier about you not making it in due to the weather. Though I cheat because I can telework.

I was able to sneak to my sewing room for a bit this afternoon - got another block done. I love this fabric -but I'm finding I'm loving all of them. I rarely find a fabric I don't like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608852[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imgp4551.jpg  
Old 02-20-2019, 05:08 PM

Great news, Terri! So glad that it's not that hated C word. Sorry your DH is feeling puny. Hope you both feel better soon.

Macybaby, love this block for NanaKathy55.

Microsoft decided to update my lap top yesterday. Well, guess what?!! My laptop will no longer send pictures to my Photo program. I am so darned aggravated about this. Now I have to create an account with Microsoft and they will be stored in the "Cloud". I hate being highjacked on my own computer. Now I have to wait for one of my grandchildren to come over and try to straighten this mess out for me. Meanwhile, I'm still working on blocks. Just can't post pictures of them right now. I made one for NanaKathy and one for MonaG last night. I spent this afternoon pulling fabrics for all the rest in this group. Plugging along!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

That would frustrate the heck out of me, Libster. Thank goodness we have young people who know how to whip these computers into submission.

Macybaby, love that star block you made for NanaKathy!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 PM

Macybaby love your Nana Kathy Star. I am just the opposite of you, I see tiny squares or triangles and go nope that block is not meant for me.

Dh is out running the snow blower for the second time tonight.

i plan on going to bed early to Make-Up for the last few nights of no sleep. Tomorrow will be spent in the sewing room.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:31 PM

Cathy, that's a gorgeous block you made for NanaKathy. WHat's the name of the block? THe colors you chose are absolutely perfect with it.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
i plan on going to bed early to Make-Up for the last few nights of no sleep. Tomorrow will be spent in the sewing room.
You can have the peaceful sleep of a baby, now that the threat of cancer is no longer a reality.... Sweet dreams! And happy block making tomorrow.

Hope all of our snow bound friends stay warm and enjoy their sewing days. We are entrenched in another big, slow-moving rain front. Today was only the first day of a projected week of rain, and I already saw flooding. Yuck.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:41 AM

Libster - my husband also had problems when his laptop did an update Tuesday. He has a wireless keyboard and mouse, and they stopped working. So he went to using the keyboard and mouse on the laptop - then had other problems. He finally had to restore to rebooting off a disk and putting an older backup on his machine -

But he's running a 10 year old laptop and he worked hard to get Windows 10 to install in the first place, since often the new software won't run on old hardware. I keep after him to upgrade - but he has other toys he'd rather spend money on than his computer. He has a real love/hate relationship with technology lol!

Thanks everyone for the nice comment on Nanakathy's block. I'm having so much fun taking the fabric into my stash room and seeing what I could fine. With this one, I discovered I have about 1 color of grey in yardage. But I got lucky in digging though my fat quarters - found about 10 of them in assorted grey colors, so could find some to work with that block. It was a block in EQ8's library. I changed it a bit to avoid Y seams and not have to piece the center square.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:02 AM

Ladies all the blocks are just beautiful and Macybaby thanks you for the beautiful block..Love it!! I am finally going to get to sew..My daughter has been in the hospital(for 8 days) and I have tried to be there for her..She got to come home yesterday, which is good news but the bad news is that she has to have a IV antibiotic pump going 24 hours a day for 30 days and also she has to have another surgery to remove the stints she had put in her kidneys because the doctor says they are contaminated with her infection..Its just crazy how sick she is. But thank the Lord she is so much better and on the road to recovery. Thank you all again for your prayers!
Old 02-21-2019, 04:52 AM

Nana Kathy so glad Amy is home and starting her recovery.

Went to bed early as planned but my goofy dog woke up at 2 and was all wound up. Ended up going back to bed at 4 slept till 6. Had a nice steaming cup of coffee and grabbed an ice pack and snuggled into couch. Phone rings it’s hubby he is stuck on next block. Needs me to walk down there and drive Jeep while he pushes. Throw on my clothes and was just putting on my boots and he calls back. A young lady was walking by, she drove the car and he pushed. Problem solved. Gees the day has to get better doesn’t it
Old 02-21-2019, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

NanaKathy, will keep praying for Amy.

I have awesome news!! My granddaughter is here!!!!! Baby Millicent was born at 3:27am this morning, 7 lbs and 9 oz. She is beautiful and healthy. We will go see her either today or tomorrow. So excited!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608877[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4790.jpg