Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 AM

Klaws, I just love that new block you posted for yourself. It will be one I'll graph and recreate sometime soon. The quilt show pics are gorgeous! So much work put into those quilts! My goodness. Thank you so much for sharing them. [QUOTE=klaws;8210864]Here is an extra block I made for myself. It was a pain in the butt! The pattern was all messed up.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Default Boom Biz

Gentle and general reminders for everyone:

Block size: Blocks are to be 12 1/2 inches. If your block is significantly off that size, please adjust to make it as close as you can get it. Please measure as you go to catch a problem as soon as you can.
Fabric requests: Please be sure to read and understand the fabric/color requests you've received. All questions should be addressed to the fabric owner directly by PM. You can post your question here but it's easy for the post to disappear quickly down and off the top page and consequently be missed.
Posting pix and Gallery: It is not a requirement to post pix of your blocks. If you wish to and need help, above you will find a "help" tab and one of the items is how to post pix. Also, please shrink your photos to 200kb or smaller before posting here. I use these pix to add to the gallery and if they are large, I must shrink them or the pages will take forever to load. Those that I must edit myself will always be the last ones I post. I post pix as frequently as I can but that does not necessarily mean daily. Once you post a block here, please give me a few days to get it in there. If after 3 or 4 days you don't see it, send me an email with the post number of your pic (not the page #) or a 200 kb or smaller copy and I will add it.
Communication: Please stay in contact with us at least weekly. If you are an infrequent poster, please be sure to go back and read everything since your last visit and acknowledge the blocks made for you. It's not much fun to make blocks and not have them noted by the owner. Several times poor swappers left virtually every block made for them unacknowledged.

Anyone needing any assistance should not hesitate to ask! Maybe it's something I can solve or perhaps another Boomer can. You can post for the group or privately in a PM or email me. It's absolutely no trouble at all!

Thank you to everyone.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:42 AM

I don't usually do "bonus" blocks, mostly b/c I don't have enough of the fabric left to do much with, but Bstone, since I messed up on the size and couldn't use my cute little 4 patch posy squares, and they were so cute I am working on a bonus block for you (I checked to make sure you were only in one group) I have a sneak peak at the new block in the making, I am picturing the new pieces w/ the original block to show a size reference. (I am having fun playing w/ these itty bitties)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608511[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0103.jpg  
Old 02-15-2019, 10:54 AM

I recd a pm regarding my color requests for my fabric. I was unclear. If you would use coordinating tones of the colors you find in my F8s, that would be fine. The way I worded the requests may have unduly limited you. You do not need to try to find the exact shade of a color in the f8. If the f8 you have is red, green and white, please use reds and greens that you feel coordinate. Don’t bring in a totally new color like purple if it doesn’t exist in the original f8.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:06 PM

Klaws beautiful block you made for yourself but can truly see where it was a bugger to make.

Thanks for all the great pictures, would be had to pick a favorite.

Janice love your block.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:26 PM

Great block Janice, the colors are perfect.

Here is a bonus block for Bstone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0104.jpg  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:41 PM

Whoa, you work fast! Love the new block!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Great block Janice, the colors are perfect.

Here is a bonus block for Bstone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608525[/ATTACH]
Old 02-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Terri, your purple / orange is next on deck. Here is a sneak peak. This is not the layout, and I am doing something different then I've done before w/ these 4 patches (even though they are triangle based). I can't go any further until I find the orange I want so to be continued..........................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0105.jpg  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Love your new block, Klaws. And thank you for sharing some of that quilt expo with us! Fabulous quilts. I know pictures never are the same as standing right in front of them (in awe...). I love pics from a quilt show.

Kass, looks like your bonus block for B'stone is going to be great too.

edit: And there it is! That was a fast finish. Love the start of Terri's block too.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:34 PM

Lurking and loving everything I see! Love the show pics, Klaws. I’m two blocks away from finishing my Labyrinth quilt top. Mine is in greys. The one Klaws pictured was purple. Ten years on a quilt, that is stick-to-itiveness beyond what I can comprehend. Keep sewing ladies, i’ll Keep lurking. ❤️