Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2064

Thread: Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Just came home from a 2 hour and 15 minute Vigil at my daughter’s church. 8 to 10:15 PM. Youngest grand daughter Stella, was baptized, had first communion and was confirmed. Her older sister Abby had her first communion and was confirmed, then their Dad was also confirmed. Very nice but very long vigil

My hubby’s family tradition is Easter Sunrise Service so I will be going to church way to early for this late riser.

I hope all has a very blessed and happy Easter.

I am doing Easter dinner later in the day, my step daughter is having an early dinner with her mother's family.

So I had time to make a block for Anniequilts….

Name:  Anniequilts.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  89.8 KB
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

I knew they were peaches - but my fingers typed apples. Where my brain is lately is missing.
    And that is too funny that you are his GA Peach and you got the peaches!! love it. It justs adds to the story of the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    I actually got the Peaches, so I made a basket of peaches. Perfect for me as I am originally from Ga and My husband calls me his GA Peach.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-21-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

Terriamn - I am tired just reading all that went on. Easter is typically packed out , but then to have all of that on top of it - whew! But so glad you could be there to see it all. Congratulations!

I will take a hurricane any day over a tornado. They scare me. I have seen the destruction it leaves, and the things it doesn't touch a shingle. It just reminds us that we can't change things and we always must be prepared for our lives to be stripped. (One of my prayers is "let me be humble so I don't need to be humbled")
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-21-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

We are in Red Rocks Nv which is beautiful but no camping spots within 40 minutes and a dirt road. we went to a restaurant in a very very small town outside the park and the waitress told us of a secret place we could boondock at. I drank a beer, unusual for me. Itís not going to matter where we sleep tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    I hope all has a very blessed and happy Easter.

I am doing Easter dinner later in the day, my step daughter is having an early dinner with her mother's family.

So I had time to make a block for Anniequilts….

Name:  Anniequilts.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  89.8 KB
    What a great block, Lstew!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
    We are in Red Rocks Nv which is beautiful but no camping spots within 40 minutes and a dirt road. we went to a restaurant in a very very small town outside the park and the waitress told us of a secret place we could boondock at. I drank a beer, unusual for me. It’s not going to matter where we sleep tonight!
    On our honeymoon (1985) we drove all over the west for 2 weeks and camped wherever we wanted to. (Not in campgrounds). So that's called "boondocking"? Glad to know that it's still being done.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Lstew, your basket of peaches for TG is perfect! Your other blocks are marvelous as well.

We also had some very bad storms as well. Been here 25 years and never saw winds swirl like that, and with the horizontal rain, it was harrowing. Almost like it was a mini-tornado but not quite on the ground. It moved in and out in about 2 minutes, just started and then stopped.

Hope those of you celebrating Easter and Passover had and are having wonderful celebrations.

This weekend we met our son's gf for the second time and we think that he thinks she's "the one". Time will tell!

Remember, blocks are due in my hands on May 11. Must run. Have a lovely day.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Thank you for my beautiful block LStew! All those little triangles -- oh my!

Lstew beautiful block for Annie.

Family came and went, house is pretty much back to normal. What a whirlwind. Really use to love having everyone over, starting to rethink that. Guess I am definitely getting old, I enjoy the peace and quiet of everyday life

Blog Entries
    Hav4boys, thanks for my beautiful star. I love the mottled blue you used.

The block on show today is for Darcyshannon and I admit I chose it solely for its name since it will go into a boys quilt.
    Block = Little Boy Britches

Name:  darcyshannon2.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  34.9 KB
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Itís froggy camo! Well, maybe itís not supposed to be camo but thatís what it reminds me of. Love it, Bibliostone!
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
    Hav4boys, thanks for my beautiful star. I love the mottled blue you used.

The block on show today is for Darcyshannon and I admit I chose it solely for its name since it will go into a boys quilt.
    Block = Little Boy Britches

Name:  darcyshannon2.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  34.9 KB

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Oh that is so cool, I saw the "camo" but didn't notice it was frogs until you said something.

I made a britches block for my Underground Railroad quilt.

I just printed one of my Zuni images on paper, and it worked out great, now I need to try and print it out on fabric. If it all goes right each person will get one Zuni image included w/ the terra cotta F8. I am hoping to have a different Zuni image for each boomer w/o any duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    It’s froggy camo! Well, maybe it’s not supposed to be camo but that’s what it reminds me of. Love it, Bibliostone!
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Biblistone love your fragile block, will be great for her boy quilt

Kass you are undertaking another big and exciting task. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Had my one month check up. Thirty four pounds down from pre op check up and 14 pounds since surgery. A little over a half pound a day. Best of all no nasty side effects. Also only need 2 protein drinks a day and can start real food. It needs to be soft or shredded with a fork. For lunch I had some tuna and deviled egg mixed together. Delicious after no real food for 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Biblistone love your fragile block, will be great for her boy quilt

Kass you are undertaking another big and exciting task. Canít wait to see what you come up with.

Had my one month check up. Thirty four pounds down from pre op check up and 14 pounds since surgery. A little over a half pound a day. Best of all no nasty side effects. Also only need 2 protein drinks a day and can start real food. It needs to be soft or shredded with a fork. For lunch I had some tuna and deviled egg mixed together. Delicious after no real food for 6 weeks.

Bibliostone, I love that block too. Well done!

Terri, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I know anything solid after so long has to taste good! Way to go, Friend, dropping that weight!

Kass, I can't wait to see what you come up with for us to work with next Boom.

Janice, any chance of some blocks being made for a wedding quilt???? Nosy, I mean, inquiring minds and all that, you know! lol
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Congrats, Terri! It must already feel great to lose 34 lbs. Don't I wish...

Janice, seems like you have grandbabies on your horizon too!

My little granddaughter's cousin was born the day before Easter. Now there are three baby girls to see and hold when I go to Memphis. So blessed!

Kass and SBG, no chickens being counted before they hatch, at least not by me. He was married for a couple of years but that never seemed quite right. They divorced and since he's had a number of GFs (I met a couple who definitely weren't right for him), but honestly, this gal seems like she'd be a wonderful partner and she seems nice and genuine. They're clearly head over heels and he's moving from KS to NC to be with her. He believes he's about to be offered a position with a company in NC so he'll probably have a job to start shortly after his move in a few weeks. It's still such a new relationship, they're both moving fast, so I'm cautiously optimistic. However, I know she wants children and it's the first time I've really seen grands as a possibility. Who knows? I'm just waiting patiently. I know, I know...me saying little is hard to believe but it's the truth.

Terriamn, I'm so glad you are feeling better and able to begin eating normal foods, more or less. This is great news!
    Last edited by Janice McC; 04-23-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Exciting, Janice.... but all that is definitely on their timetable, and not ours.

"Good things come to those who wait"!

Name:  IMG_5123.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  78.1 KB
    Millie (as the Pope), 2 months old

Name:  IMG_5126 - Copy.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  168.3 KB
    Ivy, 3 weeks old

Oops, meant Libster and SBG....
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Kass and SBG, no chickens being counted...

Sewbiz, Millie and Ivy are just too adorable!!!
    Terri, so glad to hear that you are coming along really good. Congratulations on the weight loss!
    Janice, good luck to your son. When he moves, at least he will be closer to you.
    I've finished 3 more blocks. I only have 5 more to go. I should be ready to mail by next week.

This first one is for Kass. It's called Perfect Petals #700 in the 1000 Block Book. I wanted the leaves to go in the same direction as the petals. I messed up the first time so that is why I needed an extra piece. I hope you like it.
    Name:  Kassandra.jpg
Size:  75.8 KB

This one is for Terriamn
    Name:  Terriamn.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  131.1 KB

This one is for Darcyshannon
    Name:  DarcyShannon.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  88.0 KB

I hope everyone likes their blocks.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Pretty blocks, Klaws! Love that Perfect Petals pattern.

Pretty blocks Klaws, love mine. Thank you

Ivy and Millie are precious Sewbiz.

Congratulations on the weight loss Terri!

SBG, those babies are just darling!

Janice, it will be great to have your son living closer to home. Hope everything works out perfectly for him and his new girlfriend!

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Exciting, Janice.... but all that is definitely on their timetable, and not ours.

"Good things come to those who wait"!

Name:  IMG_5123.JPG
Size:  78.1 KB
    Millie (as the Pope), 2 months old

Name:  IMG_5126 - Copy.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  168.3 KB
    Ivy, 3 weeks old

Sewbiz, your babies are so precious! And now you have three to smooch on and cuddle! Lucky you. I'm waiting for my 5th great-grand any day now.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Klaws, thanks so much I love my perfect petals block.

Terri glad your on the road to solid food again.

Sewbiz, adorableness.

Janice hoping your patience pays off.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast