Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 02-27-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Tgma, all the blocks you made are great, but what you did w/ MJP's is inspired!
Best compliment ever!! I see your inspiration with Pamela's block. Amazing how fabric speaks to each of us.
Pamela - love the blocks. The
Dutchmans' puzzle is one that can be so very different depending on where fabric is place. Great job!

And Kass - Teddy bears remind me of Pooh and that reminds me of honey...if that helps!!
Old 02-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Thanks Pamela, I love my block
Old 02-27-2019, 03:56 PM

Such beautiful blocks today! Kass, I love what you did with Pam's fabric. You are an amazing artist! Pam, your blocks are so unique and beautiful! I'm so honored to be hanging out with such talented quilters!!

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Two blocks today, both Dutchman’s puzzle

for Terri

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609412[/ATTACH]

For Kass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609413[/ATTACH]

Sorry your fabric isn’t all pointing the same way, I didn’t realize it until I already had the pieces cut and by then it was too late so I tried to randomize it, every which way. I have so much to learn!
I wasn't going to sew today, but my plans got cold rain cancelled.

Pamela, your fabric reminds me of a spring morning. I wanted to make something that was reminiscent of a spring sunrise. When my Gma died I got her small stash of fabric, she wasn't a quilter so didn't have much quilting cotton and we didn't have the same taste in fabric at all, but this one piece of fabric was my favorite. It was perfect (I think) for the sunrise look. (no worries I still have more)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609399[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609390[/ATTACH]
‘For Libster, I hope this will work in your baby quilt.
H4B, when I first saw your fabric and your intended quilt I knew exactly what fabric I was going to pair with it. I added more bling to your fabric's bling, all the black is sparkly. I camouflaged the girly objects, but hopefully the sacrifice was worth it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609250[/ATTACH]
Old 02-27-2019, 03:57 PM

Kass, I love the sunrise inspiration and your grandma's fabric that makes it extra meaningful. Was that salmon/peach solid already in your stash or did Pamela send it? It's a perfect match.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Very beautiful blocks posted today, everyone! Love when people post new blocks.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:51 PM

The peach was Pamela's she sent a small square with her fabric.
Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Kass, I love the sunrise inspiration and your grandma's fabric that makes it extra meaningful. Was that salmon/peach solid already in your stash or did Pamela send it? It's a perfect match.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:57 PM

When I saw Janice's teddy bears I knew I wanted to do something 3D cube w/ it, but didn't know what. I've been thinking about it for a while when I came up w/ using the new pattern I drew up and have been playing w/ this boom (well one of the patterns anyway). The only change to the hexie / star blocks is the amount of different colors and placement of them and the solid point. (and I did make this one a tiny bit smaller for more background, but couldn't go much smaller and have enough background fabric to make all the bears orient)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0118.jpg  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 PM

Great blocks TG, Kass & Pam!

The points in the Dutchman's Puzzle are perfect, Pam.

Kass, I had to look & look to find the seams in the teddy bear fabric; amazing job. (I only looked for seams because I'm sort of a perfectionist and know how hard matching prints can be.) I'm also a little weird!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:23 PM

More great blocks. I love seeing how different fabrics I changed the look of the Dutchman blocks Pamela. Kass the sunny block is wonderful. I love the yellow fabric.

Darcy this block is for the boys quilt. The newts are from the Dont look now! Animal alphabet quilt. There is a stray thread on the quilt. The background is light green.
Darcy what is your sashing going to be? I realized I haven’t trimmed this yet. I may go back and border these newts. What do you think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609416[/ATTACH]

Terriamn thisone is for you. I took a few liberties on the fabrics. It’s a Hawaiian friendship block. The flower is from the book Friendship quilts the Hawaiian way. My artist son really liked your color choices and this block Terri.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609417[/ATTACH]
I hope you like the blocks.

Janice your Xmas tree was from something I saw on Pinterest.
I guess I should do another pieced block. sigh. I could practice that star again.
Attached Thumbnails f1d233b6-cb22-433b-8302-c16274f2a550.jpeg   0314342b-8c92-4025-9701-79a8805fa555.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 02-27-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:35 PM

Oh, I love the block Kassaundra! Thank you very much. It’s wonderful!
When I saw Janice's teddy bears I knew I wanted to do something 3D cube w/ it, but didn't know what. I've been thinking about it for a while when I came up w/ using the new pattern I drew up and have been playing w/ this boom (well one of the patterns anyway). The only change to the hexie / star blocks is the amount of different colors and placement of them and the solid point. (and I did make this one a tiny bit smaller for more background, but couldn't go much smaller and have enough background fabric to make all the bears orient)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609415[/ATTACH]