Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88
Results 2,176 to 2,188 of 2188

Thread: Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Blog Entries
    Kass, Cricket is adorable. Hope all goes well for her and her chick.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    RJLinkletter, there are four mailings in this swap: 1)fabric packets to Janice, 2) fabric packets back from Janice, 3) finished blocks to Janice, and 4)Finished blocks back from Janice. We use padded flat rate envelopes for the shipments, which now cost $8 each. So it now costs us $32 in shipping (domestic US mail) to "play". If you can afford 4 such shipments at international rates, I'd say 'go for it!'
    A very good point! I have done secret pal a few times but will investigate the cost of just a padded envelope.

Good morning. It's starting to warm back up a bit here. Looks like rain again much of next week but who really knows what will happen?

Kass, I've just got to make my chicken quilt one day and in honor of Cricket, some must have clothes! Cricket is adorable.

I'm still behind on 23. I cannot seem to make much headway. Every time I think I've got time, there's something else I must get done. One of yesterday's errands was picking up Mom's "cremains". Well, if you've never done that, it's a bit surreal. Terriamn, it's exactly as you say...reminders of sis...and not in a good way as I know you understand. Hugs.

Re:23, RJLinkletter, you are welcome to join (I'd love some international swappers) but be aware that the shipping costs can be expensive and there are customs fees and forms to think of as well as time delays. We've had a few international swappers and although they paid the costs, I thought it was cost prohibitive but they went for it. Let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me at [email protected]. I'm in and out a lot right now and somewhat off my game due to my mother's death but I will get back to you. Please just allow me a few days. Thank you!

Will probably be offline until Sunday. Later, Boomers.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Quick fyi re:Boom 23, I'd like to start sign-ups about July 1 with F8s due in my hands about a month later. I'm finalizing the schedule right now. I'll pm admin soon for the ok to post on July 1.

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Boy, I got my Labyrinth done just in time! Need to get my fabric washed and cut and bagged!
    Name:  9202A983-EDC8-4917-B15C-328951E64D05.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  28.1 KB

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

I won't have my extra Zuni fabric (the stuff I am designing) finished and printed it time, so this boom will probably be a rose /orange colored fabric and next one the Zuni.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

I've got both of my fabrics ready to mail. All I need to do is add the group name to each gallon bag along with the count of baggies included.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

GramE your Labyrinth quilt is gorgeous

My fabrics for one group are all bagged up just need to add my request. Second group is ready to be bagged.

Went to a retreat here in town last week where we sewed together blocks for quilt tops . They will be quilted and sent to Wrap a Smile or Quilts without Borders. Thankfully I was feeling fine and able to attend

Name:  766CA1D5-B725-4EE9-B65A-7FE77B592184.jpeg
Views: 34
Size:  194.1 KB

Morning! I'm feeling more like myself today. Had a terrible (fabulous) meltdown over the weekend that really was overdue and a big reason I feel more like myself, I'm sure. Not good to keep all that emotion locked up. That's a good thing as I've got several errands to run and life calls. Looks like rain is on the way again for the week. DH is in OK for the day and right near Prairie Quilt. Great guy that he is he's going to stop in and send me pix of the shop - not buy me fabric, but send me pix of what I'm missing. LOL. So DH! Hoping everyone has a pleasant week!

GramE, your Labyrinth is beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Boy, I got my Labyrinth done just in time! Need to get my fabric washed and cut and bagged!
    Kassaundra, we'll look forward to seeing it completed one day soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    I won't have my extra Zuni fabric (the stuff I am designing) finished and printed it time, so this boom will probably be a rose /orange colored fabric and next one the Zuni.
    Libster, you are always right on top of the Booms, aren't you?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I've got both of my fabrics ready to mail. All I need to do is add the group name to each gallon bag along with the count of baggies included.
    Terriamn, I've been so out of touch. I'm thrilled to hear you are feeling well and had a pleasurable time with your retreat! I hope this means that you are feeling like your old self, maybe even better. Glad you are ready to go with Boom 23, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    GramE your Labyrinth quilt is gorgeous. My fabrics for one group are all bagged up just need to add my request. Second group is ready to be bagged.

Went to a retreat here in town last week where we sewed together blocks for quilt tops . They will be quilted and sent to Wrap a Smile or Quilts without Borders. Thankfully I was feeling fine and able to attend

The Labrynth is great, GramE!

Terri, what a fun picture. Can see just from your face that you are losing lots of weight! Glad you felt well enough to go to the retreat.

Janice hang in there...

Hope all the Dads in our lives had a great Father’s Day yesterday.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Janice, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit more like yourself. A good cry can sometimes really be helpful. I know I can't bottle up emotions well.

Looking forward to watching the next Boom! Wow, some of you are ready already!

I was really hoping to give Hubby a baby for Father's Day, but Baby is quite content baking a bit longer. I'm due next week. Both my other babies came naturally on their due dates, so I shouldn't be surprised. Some days I feel like I can keep going, and other days I'm begging Baby to be born, lol!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Janice, good to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Looking forward to the next boom. I might join in both this time. In the meantime, I will be working on a quilt for an auction at my church in October.

GramE, love your labyrinth. I've always wanted to do one.

Terri, it looks like you had a good time at the retreat. Glad that you felt well enough to attend. I'm sure it felt good to get out.

Kass, looking forward to seeing your Zuni fabric. I guess we will have to wait until Boom 24.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Blog Entries
    Janice, I’m so glad your feeling a bit better. Grief for me, came in waves. Even to this day, some 20 odd years later, I get hit with it from time to time. You’ll never be “over it” but you do learn to live with it. It’s bitter sweet because it’s the memories that bring on the sadness sometimes, and the memories are precious.

Kass, sorry we are going to miss out on Zuni this time....it gives us something to look forward to though!

Terri, So glad you are feeling better, you look really happy.

Nz, I bet you are ready! Those last few weeks can be so hard, hang in there! (As if you have a choice.

GramE, great labyrinth!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88