Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2242

Thread: Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Blog Entries
    Kass, Cricket is adorable. Hope all goes well for her and her chick.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    RJLinkletter, there are four mailings in this swap: 1)fabric packets to Janice, 2) fabric packets back from Janice, 3) finished blocks to Janice, and 4)Finished blocks back from Janice. We use padded flat rate envelopes for the shipments, which now cost $8 each. So it now costs us $32 in shipping (domestic US mail) to "play". If you can afford 4 such shipments at international rates, I'd say 'go for it!'
    A very good point! I have done secret pal a few times but will investigate the cost of just a padded envelope.

Good morning. It's starting to warm back up a bit here. Looks like rain again much of next week but who really knows what will happen?

Kass, I've just got to make my chicken quilt one day and in honor of Cricket, some must have clothes! Cricket is adorable.

I'm still behind on 23. I cannot seem to make much headway. Every time I think I've got time, there's something else I must get done. One of yesterday's errands was picking up Mom's "cremains". Well, if you've never done that, it's a bit surreal. Terriamn, it's exactly as you say...reminders of sis...and not in a good way as I know you understand. Hugs.

Re:23, RJLinkletter, you are welcome to join (I'd love some international swappers) but be aware that the shipping costs can be expensive and there are customs fees and forms to think of as well as time delays. We've had a few international swappers and although they paid the costs, I thought it was cost prohibitive but they went for it. Let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me at [email protected]. I'm in and out a lot right now and somewhat off my game due to my mother's death but I will get back to you. Please just allow me a few days. Thank you!

Will probably be offline until Sunday. Later, Boomers.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Quick fyi re:Boom 23, I'd like to start sign-ups about July 1 with F8s due in my hands about a month later. I'm finalizing the schedule right now. I'll pm admin soon for the ok to post on July 1.

Boy, I got my Labyrinth done just in time! Need to get my fabric washed and cut and bagged!
    Name:  9202A983-EDC8-4917-B15C-328951E64D05.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  28.1 KB

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

I won't have my extra Zuni fabric (the stuff I am designing) finished and printed it time, so this boom will probably be a rose /orange colored fabric and next one the Zuni.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

I've got both of my fabrics ready to mail. All I need to do is add the group name to each gallon bag along with the count of baggies included.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

GramE your Labyrinth quilt is gorgeous

My fabrics for one group are all bagged up just need to add my request. Second group is ready to be bagged.

Went to a retreat here in town last week where we sewed together blocks for quilt tops . They will be quilted and sent to Wrap a Smile or Quilts without Borders. Thankfully I was feeling fine and able to attend

Name:  766CA1D5-B725-4EE9-B65A-7FE77B592184.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  194.1 KB

Morning! I'm feeling more like myself today. Had a terrible (fabulous) meltdown over the weekend that really was overdue and a big reason I feel more like myself, I'm sure. Not good to keep all that emotion locked up. That's a good thing as I've got several errands to run and life calls. Looks like rain is on the way again for the week. DH is in OK for the day and right near Prairie Quilt. Great guy that he is he's going to stop in and send me pix of the shop - not buy me fabric, but send me pix of what I'm missing. LOL. So DH! Hoping everyone has a pleasant week!

GramE, your Labyrinth is beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Boy, I got my Labyrinth done just in time! Need to get my fabric washed and cut and bagged!
    Kassaundra, we'll look forward to seeing it completed one day soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    I won't have my extra Zuni fabric (the stuff I am designing) finished and printed it time, so this boom will probably be a rose /orange colored fabric and next one the Zuni.
    Libster, you are always right on top of the Booms, aren't you?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I've got both of my fabrics ready to mail. All I need to do is add the group name to each gallon bag along with the count of baggies included.
    Terriamn, I've been so out of touch. I'm thrilled to hear you are feeling well and had a pleasurable time with your retreat! I hope this means that you are feeling like your old self, maybe even better. Glad you are ready to go with Boom 23, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    GramE your Labyrinth quilt is gorgeous. My fabrics for one group are all bagged up just need to add my request. Second group is ready to be bagged.

Went to a retreat here in town last week where we sewed together blocks for quilt tops . They will be quilted and sent to Wrap a Smile or Quilts without Borders. Thankfully I was feeling fine and able to attend

The Labrynth is great, GramE!

Terri, what a fun picture. Can see just from your face that you are losing lots of weight! Glad you felt well enough to go to the retreat.

Janice hang in there...

Hope all the Dads in our lives had a great Father’s Day yesterday.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Janice, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit more like yourself. A good cry can sometimes really be helpful. I know I can't bottle up emotions well.

Looking forward to watching the next Boom! Wow, some of you are ready already!

I was really hoping to give Hubby a baby for Father's Day, but Baby is quite content baking a bit longer. I'm due next week. Both my other babies came naturally on their due dates, so I shouldn't be surprised. Some days I feel like I can keep going, and other days I'm begging Baby to be born, lol!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Janice, good to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Looking forward to the next boom. I might join in both this time. In the meantime, I will be working on a quilt for an auction at my church in October.

GramE, love your labyrinth. I've always wanted to do one.

Terri, it looks like you had a good time at the retreat. Glad that you felt well enough to attend. I'm sure it felt good to get out.

Kass, looking forward to seeing your Zuni fabric. I guess we will have to wait until Boom 24.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Blog Entries
    Janice, I’m so glad your feeling a bit better. Grief for me, came in waves. Even to this day, some 20 odd years later, I get hit with it from time to time. You’ll never be “over it” but you do learn to live with it. It’s bitter sweet because it’s the memories that bring on the sadness sometimes, and the memories are precious.

Kass, sorry we are going to miss out on Zuni this time....it gives us something to look forward to though!

Terri, So glad you are feeling better, you look really happy.

Nz, I bet you are ready! Those last few weeks can be so hard, hang in there! (As if you have a choice.

GramE, great labyrinth!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Good morning, Boomers. Good news, I've got the ok to post the sign-ups for Boom 23. I'm shooting for 7/1. Part of me wants to post today to get it going, but a couple of more weeks will give me a better footing. Plus, I'm working on Joan's quilt now so I want to have time to devote to it exclusively. I've also got a couple of finished tops that will go to the LA but they need backs. I completed a 9P top a month or more back and it's already languishing in the UFO pile. No more dilly-dallying around. Time to get back into my sewing room!

Thanks, NZQ. Will be thinking of you in the coming days. Babies come when they're ready but surely yours is going to make his or her appearance pretty soon. Am excited for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    Janice, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit more like yourself. A good cry can sometimes really be helpful. I know I can't bottle up emotions well.

Looking forward to watching the next Boom! Wow, some of you are ready already!

I was really hoping to give Hubby a baby for Father's Day, but Baby is quite content baking a bit longer. I'm due next week. Both my other babies came naturally on their due dates, so I shouldn't be surprised. Some days I feel like I can keep going, and other days I'm begging Baby to be born, lol!
    Klaws, thanks. You'd be welcome in both groups, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    Janice, good to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Looking forward to the next boom. I might join in both this time. In the meantime, I will be working on a quilt for an auction at my church in October.

GramE, love your labyrinth. I've always wanted to do one.

Terri, it looks like you had a good time at the retreat. Glad that you felt well enough to attend. I'm sure it felt good to get out.

Kass, looking forward to seeing your Zuni fabric. I guess we will have to wait until Boom 24.
    PamelaOry, thank you. Grief definitely comes in waves, small ones and big ones. I may not know which is coming next but I accept there will be another and another after that. And it's ok, as it should be. Sounds like you'll be in for Boom 23. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Janice, Im so glad your feeling a bit better. Grief for me, came in waves. Even to this day, some 20 odd years later, I get hit with it from time to time. Youll never be over it but you do learn to live with it. Its bitter sweet because its the memories that bring on the sadness sometimes, and the memories are precious. Kass, sorry we are going to miss out on Zuni this time....it gives us something to look forward to though! Terri, So glad you are feeling better, you look really happy. Nz, I bet you are ready! Those last few weeks can be so hard, hang in there! (As if you have a choice. GramE, great labyrinth!

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

Oh those third babies. My first two were born 3 1/2 week and 2 weeks early. The third baby came a week late but to me it felt like a month late. The midwife told me never count on those third babies doing what the others do. She turned out to be right about more than just his birth. Hang in there.

NZ, can hardly wait to see that baby and find out if it is a boy or girl! Hope he/she comes soon and is easy.

Here are my two cuties, to whet your appetite for all things baby!

Name:  IMG_5254.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  129.0 KB

This is my son holding both girls on Father's Day (his baby in the peach bow, and his niece in the gold bow).
    Name:  IMG_5255.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  120.2 KB

I've become one of "those" grandmothers who makes everyone look at pics of their grands... LOL.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

I was one of those too, Sewbizgirl! Cuteness overload! Maybe still am. Be careful because before you know it they will be grown. Enjoy them to the fullest now!
    Name:  EC126047-B895-4507-BD1C-0A0696CE99E0.jpeg
Views: 57
Size:  27.2 KB
    An Airman, a Navy recruit and a college freshman. Three of my twelve. None are babies anymore.

GramE/pat

I am loving all the babies and the grands pictures. I just called Kim and told her to send me a picture of Kora Lee that I can share with you. All my grands are all grown up now, but I still have some littles- my great-grands.!
    Today is kind of sad for me, I lost my only sister 9 years ago today, the day before my birthday. And I lost my DH 2 days after my birthday. Time does not relieve the grief when it hits you. Not much celebrating for me this time of the year. Sewbiz- two beautiful babies! The first little cutie has the sweetest smile. Don't they just melt your heart? ( Janice- your time is coming!)
    GramE- love your quilt! It looks so intricate. How on earth did you get everything placed so precisely? Good job!
    Terri- I'm so glad that you're feeling better. I can just imagine the fun y'all had sewing all those quilt tops together. Another excellent job well done. I love when quilting is shared where needed.
    Kass-I'm looking forward to seeing your creations for Boom 24. There is nothing that you can't do, is there? LOL

GramE, those are three very handsome young men! What a great picture with their Gram. Please thank the two for their service.

Libster, yes post your GGD. Would love to see her!
    I'm sorry this is such a sad time for you. It only means there was so much love in those relationships. Maybe you should celebrate your birthday in July? You still need to celebrate you.

I miss my mom and dad a lot. I'm always thinking about how much my mom would have loved her two GGDs! I wish she was here and able to be part of their lives. I know my Dad would be right over the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post

GramE- love your quilt! It looks so intricate. How on earth did you get everything placed so precisely? Good job!
    Libster, I was sure I had taken on more than I could handle but actually there are only 2 blocks to make. One 5 times, and one 4 times, then borders. It has been hanging on my China cabinet for 5 days now because I can’t believe I made it. If your quarter inch seam is consistent you are good to go. I did have to use stickers to mark the prep work. And it actually came out the dimensions it listed 84” X 84”.

GramE/pat

SBG, your grandbabies are darling!!! Yes, I'm all in baby-mode now! I was folding newborn clothes this morning, and picked out a little boy outfit and a little girl outfit for the first clothes. So much fun! I'm already and excited for my first homebirth.

GramE, your grandsons look very handsome and dashing. You must be very proud of them!

Here is a picture of my 3 yr old and 1 1/2 yr old angels at the park. My 3 year old doesn't like to look at cameras, but she is smiling as her rides the cow swing. My 1year old has the prettiest blue eyes! At least, I think so. They are two peas in a pod, and my 1 yr old is sure she is 3 also!
    Name:  IMG_20190515_105615346-3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  538.8 KB
    I'm hoping to capture some darling photos of them when they meet their new sibling. Hopefully my MIL will have a camera ready when they first meet.
    Last edited by NZquilter; 06-18-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

NZ-Your babies are precious! They look like they're enjoying those swings too.

Kim came through for me, so....presenting my 5 th great-granddaughter, Kora Lee. This is her quilt I made her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh all the babies, little, medium and grown!

I was really excited to do the Zuni quilt for this boom, but think it would be best if I didn't rush making the fabrics.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

I have designed two more fabrics, but not for the Zuni quilt.

Name:  cropcircles share.png
Views: 49
Size:  176.1 KB
    This one is suppose to look like crop circles

Name:  starwhirl share.png
Views: 55
Size:  488.0 KB
    This one I hope I never have to duplicate b/c I was doodling w/ the computer and some of the things I did I have no idea how to do again!!! It took me many tries to figure out how to make it repeat.

NZ, your girls are so pretty! I'm sure they must be excited about their new baby about to arrive. I'm hoping it's a boy. Imagine how two sisters will spoil him.

Kora Lee is adorable too, Libster. Not too much older than my two.... Her quilt is beautiful and can grow up with her.

Love these family shots!

Kass, more cool fabric. You sure have a handle on that software! Are you having it made through Spoonflower?

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 ... LastLast