Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 >

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Old 01-13-2019, 04:56 AM

Love your block s Givo and MJP
Old 01-13-2019, 06:14 AM

Thank you for the lovely compliments about the glass. I've wanted to learn how to do this for most of my life, not that one class is anywhere near actually learning how but who knows if it will lead to something new. I might try a bowl next!

Love your fussy cut block, Givio.
Originally Posted by givio View Post
I loved that fabric for fussy cutting! It's sweeet! I did this block with it--
MJP, am looking forward to seeing your fabrics. This will be a tough one for me so I'm putting my thinking cap on already. The block you made is beautiful!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I love the block you did Givio I did this block tonight and decided I liked the pink fabric. The darkest fabric is actually dark pink. It was my second foray into eight pointed star. I used the Marti Mitchell perfect templates. I felt guilty about buying these and not using them so I’m happy I had an excuse. The block is a from the Tula pink city blocks. I don’t piece that often so this was a stretch for me. I usually design my own blocks but it was fun putting these two designers together. And the block got me motivated to quilt again. I think the glass of wine I had before I started helped. Im looking forward to the boom.
Brrrr, Joanelizbay. That's a lot of snow!

Yes, I anticipate you'll be able to mail before the rates jump up on 1/27 to $8 but everyone needs to be sure to mail me the new amount. Please wait for me to close the sign-ups and give you the ok before you ship. It's going to get a bit crazy around here as when your pkgs start coming in, I'm going to have workers in the house for a week. Everyone should definitely make sure they email me with tracking numbers as soon as you get them. Please do not just ship without alerting me! I plan to be standing at the mailbox as each and every one comes in.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
14" of snow so far since yesterday. City hasnt even plowed the streets yet so my car is staying in driveway. Got some sewing done, played with embrodery machine do the same tomorrow. Janice I think I have 20 pieces of my fabric for the 2 month if we need to double up. Will we mail before postage goes up??
Hav4boys as jumped into the 2 month group as well as being in the 3. That makes 11 people. Yay! Is there anyone else in the 3 month who wishes to add the 2 month? Or does anyone want to switch from the 3 to the 2? We've got one person on the waiting list for the 3 and she's already in the 2. Let me know. Changes at this point are perfectly ok. It's not so easy once I shut down the sign-ups.

2 month group: 11 confirmed

Cheesehead
Darcyshannon
Hav4boys
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Libster
Macybaby
Mona G
NanaKathy55
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
Old 01-13-2019, 07:02 AM

Beautiful block I may have to borrow this layout at some point.
Originally Posted by givio View Post
I loved that fabric for fussy cutting! It's sweeet! I did this block with it--
Old 01-13-2019, 07:03 AM

Very nicely done.
I love the block you did Givio I did this block tonight and decided I liked the pink fabric. The darkest fabric is actually dark pink. It was my second foray into eight pointed star. I used the Marti Mitchell perfect templates. I felt guilty about buying these and not using them so I’m happy I had an excuse. The block is a from the Tula pink city blocks. I don’t piece that often so this was a stretch for me. I usually design my own blocks but it was fun putting these two designers together. And the block got me motivated to quilt again. I think the glass of wine I had before I started helped.

Im looking forward to the boom.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606668[/ATTACH]
Old 01-13-2019, 07:54 AM

mjp, the star almost seems to be made of a different fabric than the border! The border has a nice continuous red line going in it that looks great, even around the corner. I'll bet it looks better in person. Wonderful work!
Old 01-13-2019, 08:19 AM

Okay, I'm jumping in! First BOOM for me. I'll sign up for the 3 month group.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:35 AM

Zozee the three month group is filled but the two month group is open. Read the first post so you know all the ins and outs. Glad you’re jumping into the boom. You sign up with an email to Janice.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Very nicely done.
Beautiful block!
Old 01-13-2019, 09:22 AM

Zozee the three month group is filled but the two month group is open. Read the first post so you know all the ins and outs. Glad you’re jumping into the boom. You sign up with an email to Janice.
Oops! My bad. I didn't see the post that it was full before I commented.

I'd like to join the 2-month group. Since I'm new to the BOOM, I'll make simple blocks in order to make the deadline. I've been in birthday swaps (2.5" candies) and Spring Churn Dash swap, with all positive feedback.

If Janice accepts me, I'll find fabric I'd like to send out. This sounds like fun!
Old 01-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

MJP! Awesome fussy cutting and piecing! And it looks so great in your Tula fabric....