Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Welcome to all the new people.

Kass fantastic is all I can say for each and everyone of your creations

My fabrics are all different and in their baggies. Had brain fade and didn’t take pictures. Will try and take pictures through the baggies

Cheesehead congratulations on your 50 th anniversary, that is amazing in this day and age.

Kass, beautiful tie dye, just amazing. And I see my block in your layout of last boom blocks.

Congrats Cheesehead, it’s our 50th this year too! We got engaged just before Christmas in the second aisle of the grocery store where we both worked. I had just turned 18! Yikes. I did our tree this year in all gold decorations.

I’m sitting this one out. But if anyone would like extra blocks, i’m Open to a side swap, you don’t even need to make one for me. Even if you’ve seen a particular block i’ve Made before i’m Open. My caps lock seems to be taking over here. I may not be participating but i’lll be lurking. I love your green Jaba and so glad you are back.

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Yay! Mrs. Merkle is here! Hi Christine!

So glad to be here! Already looking at block designs and can’t wait to play
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Blog Entries
    I’m gonna miss having your block GramE...I just might take you up on the side swap offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post

I’m sitting this one out. But if anyone would like extra blocks, i’m Open to a side swap, you don’t even need to make one for me. Even if you’ve seen a particular block i’ve Made before i’m Open. My caps lock seems to be taking over here. I may not be participating but i’lll be lurking. I love your green Jaba and so glad you are back.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Hi all,
    I'm part of the 3 month group! Bought my fabric and ready to get started

Fabric one

Name:  1372D27D-4C3E-484B-81C2-9499FC65A006.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  177.5 KB
    And I would like bright red orange used with them and a lighter red orange. This is my inspiration
    Name:  374205E2-33CF-49B7-9F75-962B08FEE0BD.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  1.42 MB

Second set of fabrics
    Name:  0A7F7319-D159-464F-A0CD-881579009173.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  154.3 KB
    Because of all the different colors being used I am asking for solid white

Love your inspiration and your fabric! Great choices, can’t wait to see it.

GramE/pat

GramE hope you aren’T having more health problems and that’s why you are not joining in. Will miss you.

This is Dd #3 today, I think she is crazy.

Name:  D12EAA0A-D7DC-40FA-AB34-E720141E9EA5.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  137.6 KB

I had a lovely day down in Fort Collins, CO fabric shopping (cause goodness knows I don't have enough) and I am so excited what I ended up with. Using Kass's kaleidoscope quilt as my inspiration, I choose 10 different brightly colored solid batiks. I'm going to ask for only black or bob and am going for a stained glass look. No pictures yet as they are in the wash right now! I can not wait!

MonaG, sounds like you are thinking of something similar.

And to top off what was already a great day, dh and I booked plane tickets to visit our oldest son in Thailand for spring break! Maybe Boom 23 will be fabric from Thailand!

Happy weekend everyone

I have to admit my two color blocks (one color or wow or black only with the boom fabric) never are as good as the blocks where there Are at least three different colors allowed. Does anyone have a good resource for two color block ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
    I have to admit my two color blocks (one color or wow or black only with the boom fabric) never are as good as the blocks where there Are at least three different colors allowed. Does anyone have a good resource for two color block ideas?
    QuiltersCache is usually a good place for me when i’m Looking for two color blocks. Sometimes a three colored can be adjusted to a 2 color. I like the black/one color palette. I think maybe Mona has done at least one Boom that way.

GramE/pat

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    I also checked this morning, then putzed around. Checked back in and the swap was already posted.

Have both my sets packaged but going to look for paint chips for the red orange to go with the purples.

Also been working on my snowflake blocks, noticed the last row was on upside down. Jack and I have been spending some quality time together this evening

Hi Terriamn,
    When you refer to paint chips do you mean actual paint chips ... like at Home depot or are you referring to snips of fabric?
    Thanks! Vikki
    Vikki

Doing life one block at a time

Vikki, this time I am going to look for actual paint chips form Home Depot or Menards. I only have one red orange fat quarter and going to use it with one of my purples.

one thing I didn’t think of was my jelly rolls, will check them to see if I have any red oranges

Absolute insanity, I would all caps that but it would get changed if I did, just read it in all caps!!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    GramE hope you aren’T having more health problems and that’s why you are not joining in. Will miss you.

This is Dd #3 today, I think she is crazy.

Name:  D12EAA0A-D7DC-40FA-AB34-E720141E9EA5.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  137.6 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Sorry you won't be playing w/ us, really hoping it isn't your health.
    Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Kass, beautiful tie dye, just amazing. And I see my block in your layout of last boom blocks.

Congrats Cheesehead, it’s our 50th this year too! We got engaged just before Christmas in the second aisle of the grocery store where we both worked. I had just turned 18! Yikes. I did our tree this year in all gold decorations.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Ohhhh, brights and black and stained glass, the wheel was turning so fast the poor little hamster just fell off!!!!!And Thailand, so jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
    I had a lovely day down in Fort Collins, CO fabric shopping (cause goodness knows I don't have enough) and I am so excited what I ended up with. Using Kass's kaleidoscope quilt as my inspiration, I choose 10 different brightly colored solid batiks. I'm going to ask for only black or bob and am going for a stained glass look. No pictures yet as they are in the wash right now! I can not wait!

MonaG, sounds like you are thinking of something similar.

And to top off what was already a great day, dh and I booked plane tickets to visit our oldest son in Thailand for spring break! Maybe Boom 23 will be fabric from Thailand!

Happy weekend everyone

Paint chips like at Lowes is an excellent way to give a color idea w/ your fabric. I did that once w/ teal, since teal and aqua are so confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
    Hi Terriamn,
    When you refer to paint chips do you mean actual paint chips ... like at Home depot or are you referring to snips of fabric?
    Thanks! Vikki

Blog Entries
    So you sent a paint chip with each fat eighth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    Paint chips like at Lowes is an excellent way to give a color idea w/ your fabric. I did that once w/ teal, since teal and aqua are so confusing.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Yes Pamela we just glue or tape it to the note we send with our request and fat eighth.

Kass I agree with you on my dd. She has been talking about doing this for a while and with the temps all the way into the 40’s Mariah decided today was the day

Blog Entries

boom fabric

here is my fabric. I am looking for anything within the fabric except for reds...NO REDS please. Thanks and have fun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcialee

I think I cut them into strips, like 3 strips per chip and sent one in w/ each f8. Another time I photo copied the dots on the selvidge edge of an inspiration fabric that I wasn't sending but wanted those colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    So you sent a paint chip with each fat eighth?

You ladies already Know it!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    here is my fabric. I am looking for anything within the fabric except for reds...NO REDS please. Thanks and have fun

Blog Entries
    Here are the two fabrics I am sending out to the three month group.
    There will be 12 of this fabric. I got it on a shop-hop several years ago. It was in the children print area. Not till I got home did I realize it was not crayons, but firecrackers. With this I will ask for the blue in the fabric and wow if you want to use a third color.
    Name:  2018 boom 22 P1010619.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  44.4 KB

The second fabric, I have used before and 7 will receive it. For this please use the green of the tennis racket handles. Again, if you want a third color, please use wow.
    Name:  P1010623.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  28.0 KB
    Last edited by bibliostone; 01-06-2019 at 02:02 AM.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Kass saw this fabric in a post and thought of the wonderful blocks you could make with it
    Name:  028C8C9B-8FE3-41A6-842B-71F7AA9D14D9.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  262.6 KB

My goodness! I drop out for 24 hours and look what I find when I get back. Woo hoo! Fabric selections and Terriamn’s crazy DD in ice cold water. Wow. That must have been, ummm, invigorating???

I’ll be home later today and catch up. I’m a bit behind replying to emails but no worries, I shall get to it. Until later...
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast