Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 >

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Old 01-17-2019, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

NZQuilter! So happy to have you here! You are going to have so much fun. We jabber a lot too...

Terri, I know that is the news you have been waiting for, for a long time! I hope it all works out even better than you had hoped. What in the world is Vertical Gastric Sleep? Going to have to look that one up! Very happy for you.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

Okay, you must have meant to type "Vertical Gastric Sleeve", not sleep. I looked it up. It scared the hell out of me. You are one brave lady!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:32 PM

Welcome newbies!! Its addictive for sure.
Terri, Glad you finally are getting what youve been wanting done. Not sure what verticle Gastric sleep is but I hope its not a painful procedure! Let us know when you get the go ahead!!
Janice just let me know how many bags to send...and remind me to put the $8 in the envelope! LOL
Old 01-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Sewbiz have to have lapband removed and sure hope I am making the right choice on the sleeve but my health is going south quickly and losing weight will make a huge difference
Old 01-17-2019, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sewbiz have to have lapband removed and sure hope I am making the right choice on the sleeve but my health is going south quickly and losing weight will make a huge difference
Just keep praying about it. God will show you if you shouldn't do it... or give you peace if you should. I'm sure you have checked out other methods too...
Old 01-17-2019, 10:21 PM

Terriamn,
I had gastric bypass 9 months ago. I have lost 80lbs and it is amazing the change in me and what I can do now. I was very scared, but I no longer have to use sleep apnea machine and have been taking off my pressure meds and my knees have no pain anymore. It is not the easy way out as people may think. I struggle everyday, but there is so many positives from losing the weight. Good luck you will do great
Old 01-18-2019, 02:11 AM

Default LAST CALL! Sign-ups close tonight

We've had a bit of switching around and here are the groups as of this morning

2 month group: 14 confirmed

Cheesehead
Darcyshannon
Hav4boys
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Libster

Macybaby
Mona G

NanaKathy55
Queenbarbiej
NZquilter
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

Zozee

Those in bold print above are slated to round up to 19 f8s/blocks. Does anyone else want to participate in rounding up? Let me know if you do. Thanks!

3 month group: 20 confirmed
AnnieQuilts
Bibliostone
Cheesehead
Darcyshannon
Hav4boys
Jaba
Janice McC
JayneW
Kassaundra
Klaws
Libster
Lstew2212
Marcialee
MJPEncinitas
NanaKathy55
PamelaOry
Terriamn
TheMerkleFamily
Travelinggramma
VikkiM

Sign-ups close tonight. This weekend I will finalize an email to everyone and give you my shipping address. Once you get that, you may start shipping your prepped F8s.

We're almost there, Boomers!
Old 01-18-2019, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Maybe glittered is the wrong word... it is metallic. If no one wants to work with it, I can pick a different fabric. Just thought it would be great for the teen girl quilts as Shriner's said they do not often get quilts in patterns that are good for the older kids.
I am fine working with glitter and/or metallic. You can send to me.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:50 AM

I have fabulous news to share.

Today I was approved to have my two abdominal surgeries. Lapband removed and also will be having VGS ( vertical gastric sleep). Will need to jump right on my blocks as soon as the fabric arrives. Will be one hurting ole lady for 2 to 4 weeks but after that it will be the start of a new life.

Won’t know actual surgery date till insurance company contacts surgeon and surgeon calls me.

So dang excited this is Years in the making.
congrats on the surgery and good luck. As always, we will be praying for you and for a speedy recovery.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:12 AM

Happy Friday Ya'll. My husbands birthday is Monday, so we are going out to dinner tonight. Then I get to go shopping for fabric at the quilt store near his favorite restaurant. I'm so excited. I've been saving for this trip. The store is an hour from my home, so I only get to go when we head in that direction. He usually stays at the bar while I shop. Winning!

I'm loving the fabric choices so far. Welcome to the newbies. This is a fun swap. I had to skip a year because I missed the sign ups, but I'm glad to be back. I'm in awe of the talent with all these great ladies. Glad to call them my friends.