Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Libster is right on. The only thing is that if you do appliqué with a fusible product, please do stitch around the outside to prevent fraying. If you needleturn, you should have no problem with fraying edges. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    You can make your blocks by any method you'd like to use- applique, pieced, paper pieced, etc. It's entirely your choice. As long as your blocks measure 12 1/2 inches square and you've reasonably tried to follow the owner's request, pretty well anything goes! Just have fun with it.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Kass - what colors are you wanting with your fabric?? Waiting to see you vision.

QueenB- are you sending different fabrics to all of us? I love the colors.
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

I think I'm thinking greys and white or wow
    Quote Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
    Kass - what colors are you wanting with your fabric?? Waiting to see you vision.

QueenB- are you sending different fabrics to all of us? I love the colors.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Nice fabrics, Queen. What color(s) are you thinking of to go with them?

I'm starting to think about blocks as I see these fabrics, and getting excited about creating!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm sticking with Purples, Aqua/Teal and Blacks theme

Loving all the fabrics so far. I'm still shopping my stash. I will choose and post a fabric by this weekend.

This is my second boom. Loved being involved with my first boom.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Quick FYI for those of you who like scrappy, Barbkibler is beginning to line up next year’s Birthday Candy square swap. If you might be interested, you can check out this year’s swap: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...w-t294216.html. It ends in February so the next one will start in March.

Here’s my fabric. I’m thinking of sending a swatch of the peach and asking that people us that color, yellow, and wow or white. Name:  254A5767-9AB5-4978-B41F-B157A87B1B1F.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  194.6 KB
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Beautiful, PamelaOry. I’m having a hard time sitting out!

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Beautiful, PamelaOry. I’m having a hard time sitting out!
    Why are you sitting out? Come join our 2 month group! There's still plenty of room. You know you want to....
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've got mine all washed, cut and packaged ready to go. So Excited!!!
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

I think I have it narrowed down to this fabric. I bought it, then once I got home, I wasn't sure what to do with it. With the talent in this group, I know I will have a beautiful quilt in the end.

Name:  fabric.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  100.1 KB
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Here’s my fabric. I’m thinking of sending a swatch of the peach and asking that people us that color, yellow, and wow or white. Name:  254A5767-9AB5-4978-B41F-B157A87B1B1F.jpeg
    I love this fabric, I love the birds. Beautiful
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Reminder... We have filled the 3 month group but there is space in the 2 month group! Come join us!

I think I'd like to join. Is there someone that can sponsor me? I think I see some names of people I've participated in the last three charm square swaps.

I have a large stash, and it's all prewashed, so I should have no trouble matching colors no matter what I'm sent.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Welcome Macybaby to the growing group of Boom freshmen! The experienced have warned it is addicting!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Macybaby, I joined the Hummingbird Boom (was that 20?) and it was fun to do! The last boom I controlled myself and never opened the thread, but this time I've opened the thread. Ah! You get hooked. I didn't look last time because I'm trying to finish my UFOs. :-p so I was trying to force myself not to join. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Adorable fabric! .. what does WOW mean?
    Vikki

Doing life one block at a time

White on white (others similar are coc, cream on cream, bob black on black, tot tone on tone)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
    Adorable fabric! .. what does WOW mean?

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Hi everyone!! I've been off the QB for a while. One of my goals for 2018 was to learn the embroidery module that I bought with my machine 5 yrs ago. I achieved that goal and I've been having a blast with Kimberbell designs. I was checking up on my friends in the booms and I'm so very tempted to jump in this boom, however, I think I will sit this one out. I have many UFOs and new project commitments. I won't stay a stranger and will follow along with you all.

Anyone on the fence about joining this group, do it!! It is awesome and you won't regret it.
    Denise

You do not simply stumble upon the happy life.....you make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    White on white (others similar are coc, cream on cream, bob black on black, tot tone on tone)
    Thanks Kassaundra!
    Vikki

Doing life one block at a time

So here’s a reminder that if we don’t fill the 2 month group, each person will have the option of doing 2 blocks for everyone who also wants to sew 2, to a maximum of 19. You will not be required to make two. Those that choose to will obviously receive more blocks in return. If you are new to the swap, a fence sitter or just a bit unsure if you’ll have time to make a bunch of blocks, you can commit to one block per member. The blocks could be made into other things...table runner, place mats, wall hanging, you name it. They don’t have to be for quilts. Just a thought...it's wading into the Boom pool instead of diving in. Those of you already in the 2 month group, please think about whether you wish to make two each. In another couple of days, I’ll start contacting you about it if the group doesn’t fill.

I have come up w/ a layout plan for this booms blocks so am going to adjust my color choices. No worries I will include this w/ the fabric. I am going to add to the grey and wow, one of the colors in the fabric (chartreuse, pink, or burgundy) All 3 colors will be and/or, so any combination of wow, grey, one fabric color.

Today I join the land of the living. This post was one of the many things I missed while being sick the first part of the year. I would like to be be a back up on the three month and will sign up for the two month and will make extra to get to 20 or close.

My first thought will be for blocks for boys. My guild makes quilts for kids and boys, especially from ages 10 on up seem to not get as many quilts. I have just glanced through the thread and it is fun to see what you are all up to and I look forward to chatting the next few months.

Hello there, Darcyshannon. Sorry to hear you've been ill but I'm glad you are back and on the mend! If you haven't yet done so, please send me an email with the info requested in Post #1 of this thread. I'll add you to the 2 month group and put you in as the first on the waiting list if a spot becomes available in the 3 month group. Only question is do you want to drop the 2 month in the event you pick up the 3 month? Let me know all in your email. Thank you! Be well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
    Today I join the land of the living. This post was one of the many things I missed while being sick the first part of the year. I would like to be be a back up on the three month and will sign up for the two month and will make extra to get to 20 or close.

My first thought will be for blocks for boys. My guild makes quilts for kids and boys, especially from ages 10 on up seem to not get as many quilts. I have just glanced through the thread and it is fun to see what you are all up to and I look forward to chatting the next few months.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast