Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group >

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Old 08-06-2019, 08:14 AM

Here is my morning creation for QueenBarbieJ. I had to take to EQ8 to figure out how to incorporate the 5 inch eagle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615746[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom-block-eb-queenbarbiej.jpg  
Old 08-06-2019, 10:10 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615761[/ATTACH]
Going to have to put my blocks to bed. The ones in the baggies are calling my name. But this is what I was thinking when I asked for a bit of blue. Just a pop, I will probably end this one with a white frame, adding more of the floral seems like too much.

The blocks are a beautiful and I love to bounce your interpretations around in my brain for added ideas!
Attached Thumbnails cc04b747-29a4-4f19-939a-2ae3d57f923d.jpeg  
Old 08-06-2019, 10:18 AM

GramE that is a gorgeous block. Thank you for the example. I am going to work on something now that I have an picture of what you want.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:57 PM

GramE, love your sample block! I'm jealous that some of you have started making these beautiful blocks. I'll get mine next week with the later group and then I will have lots to sew.
Finished up a huge Christmas quilt today except sewing the hand binding. Have a blue and white ready for the binding too but those are watching TV in the evenings projects. Just waiting for the fabric to start some block making.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
GramE that is a gorgeous block. Thank you for the example. I am going to work on something now that I have an picture of what you want.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
GramE, love your sample block! I'm jealous that some of you have started making these beautiful blocks. I'll get mine next week with the later group and then I will have lots to sew.
Finished up a huge Christmas quilt today except sewing the hand binding. Have a blue and white ready for the binding too but those are watching TV in the evenings projects. Just waiting for the fabric to start some block making.
Thank you. It really turned out better than I expected. Hav4boys, even just one square or 4 triangles if it fits in your plan. If not, white with the focus fabric is fine.

Jaba, I have one to bind this evening, I listen to an audio book usually. I just finished the paper doll quilt, now waiting on the birthday party # four. She told me she’s been waiting a long time to be 4!

I took all the baggies out and planted seeds of design in my mind, now to get started!
Old 08-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I just finished the paper doll quilt, now waiting on the birthday party # four. She told me she’s been waiting a long time to be 4!
How sweet is that!
Old 08-06-2019, 05:00 PM

anyone that is looking for ideas on what fabrics I hope to get for my blocks, here are some ideas - pretty much anything that is does not "read" as a neutral, including greys and blacks. I'm fine with cordination or contrasting colors.

this quilt shows what I'm hoping for - colorful blocks that will be offset with a neutral sashing.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Default Block Biz...basics

At the beginning of every swap, I always drill a few items so I might as well start now.

Your block should measure 12 1/2 inches square.

Be cautious when cutting F8s. Often, the cut placement matters in f8s.

Please use a substantial portion of a person's F8. Please make the owner's fabric stand out. It is the focus of your block.

If a block is new to you, please make a sample from your own fabric first, measuring as you go to make sure the block will work before using another person's fabric. (Save those sample blocks and make yourself another quilt!)

Measure, measure, measure to catch a goof early so it's easily fixable.

Use sewing thread that blends.

And finally, this is not a race! Please take the time you need to make your blocks the best they can be!

Thank you!
Old 08-06-2019, 06:19 PM

Got my fabric today, count is good.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:58 PM

FYI, I've just reopened the gallery pages for Boom 20, both groups, as well as Boom 23 Early Birds. I've begun collecting blocks from your pix but please always give me a couple of days to get them in the gallery. This is where the bulk of my time will go for the next few weeks, and I can only sit at my computer for a limited time before going stir crazy. You will all help me immensely by having all pix at 200 kb or smaller. Those that aren't will be the absolute last I add, when I've got nothing else left in life to do. Thanks!

Good news, Mona G.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Got my fabric today, count is good.

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-06-2019 at 07:01 PM.