Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 09-24-2019, 05:08 AM

Mjp - I really like the applique in the middle. Very unique!

Lstew - great blocks. QueenBarbieJ's quilt is going to look awesome with those cats peeking out randomly!

I was able to get some blocks done this weekend and yesterday.

First were my matching pattern - I liked how it worked with contrasting fabric.

For Hav4Boys:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617746[/ATTACH]

And for Marija:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617747[/ATTACH]

I also finished Jaba's. I will admit to going through my book many times before I found one that made me comfortable with this exciting fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617748[/ATTACH]

It was obviously a Working-in-the-Blues type weekend. In my next post I'll share the ones I made Monday - a more pastel type day. Do you all see yourself grouping them by type/color and working within those groups? I noticed that the first group I did were all brights. Maybe I need to click my brain to different color families!
Attached Thumbnails 0-hav4boys-small.jpg.jpg   0-marija-small.jpg.jpg   0-jaba-small.jpg.jpg  
Old 09-24-2019, 05:12 AM

And yesterday I made these blocks.

For Vikkim: I hope you like the dragonflies enjoying your flowers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617749[/ATTACH]

For SewBizGirl:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617750[/ATTACH]

And For Juliasb. In person the blues meld more to make four waves with your pretty pinky peach the background, my camera just didn't get it right.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617751[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0-vikkim-small.jpg.jpg   0-sewbizgirl-small.jpg.jpg   0-juliasb-small.jpg.jpg  
Old 09-24-2019, 07:01 AM

I think I have figured out the quilt block but going to mark on the page never do again. Was up till 1AM just trying to figure out that one little section. Really just winging it.

Pamela here is your block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617754[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 23903a02-ac33-42fb-abc0-36c22926cec0.jpeg  
Old 09-24-2019, 07:14 AM

Love my block LStew. Thank you.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:16 AM

Gorgeous block IrishMom. Thank you

First were my matching pattern - I liked how it worked with contrasting fabric.

For Hav4Boys:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617746[/ATTACH]
Old 09-24-2019, 07:35 AM

Good morning Boomers! I hope it is ok to jump in on your board, but I wanted to say hello and let you all know that I miss you. As you recall, my husband (27 years) and I separated (March) and divorced (April) last spring. Since then I have bought and totally remodeled an old house, started running and completed a 5k, started yoga, became a vegetarian, traveled to Greece by myself to see my son, and have lost 20 pounds! It has not been an easy journey but I can honestly say I am happier than I have been in a long time. (And just started dating a very nice guy!)

Now that the contractors are done with my upstairs, I'm in the process of painting and doing some work on my basement which will become my sewing area. I have had no desire to quilt until the past week or so... I'm excited the desire is returning. I'm not sure when, but at some point I will definitely join another boom - I genuinely miss all your friendship.

I hope this finds all of you well. I need to go back and read the past 6 months of posts so I know what all I've missed.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

Some great blocks, Irishmom! Thank you for mine... I love it.

Terri, that's a cool block for PamO.

Jayne, so good to hear from you! Good news that life is looking better for you now, and that you will be returning to swap with us later. Take care, dear lady!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:29 AM

The blocks look terrific IrishMom! Thank you for mine, love that you matched those stripes!!

Jayne, so glad that you checked in and said Hi. Sounds like your "new lease on life" is a very good thing. Looking forward to swapping with you again.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:54 AM

Jayne, it's wonderful to see you posting again! I have thought of you often and wondered how you are. So glad to see that you are happy once again and are looking forward to quilting. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Jaba, when do you plan to leave for Florida? Are you planning on driving or flying? Hope your DH is feeling better since his surgery and you will be back with your beautiful grandbabies soon!

Cheese
Old 09-24-2019, 10:17 AM

Wow! I love it! Sorry to hear it was such a pia though. It really is a gorgeous block and I will forever be honored to have the one and only from your hands.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I think I have figured out the quilt block but going to mark on the page never do again. Was up till 1AM just trying to figure out that one little section. Really just winging it.

Pamela here is your block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617754[/ATTACH]
Hi Jayne! You sound well. Glad to hear things are going so good for you!
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Good morning Boomers! I hope it is ok to jump in on your board, but I wanted to say hello and let you all know that I miss you. As you recall, my husband (27 years) and I separated (March) and divorced (April) last spring. Since then I have bought and totally remodeled an old house, started running and completed a 5k, started yoga, became a vegetarian, traveled to Greece by myself to see my son, and have lost 20 pounds! It has not been an easy journey but I can honestly say I am happier than I have been in a long time. (And just started dating a very nice guy!)

Now that the contractors are done with my upstairs, I'm in the process of painting and doing some work on my basement which will become my sewing area. I have had no desire to quilt until the past week or so... I'm excited the desire is returning. I'm not sure when, but at some point I will definitely join another boom - I genuinely miss all your friendship.

I hope this finds all of you well. I need to go back and read the past 6 months of posts so I know what all I've missed.