Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM

Oh Jaba, I am so sorry for your pain. I hope they are able to find a fix for your situation.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:43 PM

Jaba, you are in my prayers. Hoping they find a remedy for you soon.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:17 AM

Jaba, so sorry to hear that you're still suffering those side effects from the chemo and radiation. ((((((Hugs)))))) May I add you to my church's prayer list? And of course, you're on mine already.

Terriamn- I'm keeping you in my prayers too. I hope your surgery goes well and you can finally put this cellulitis behind you.

Janice and Sewbiz, I know you're soaking up those cuddles from the grands. Enjoy every second of it! They grow up way to quick.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:16 AM

Sewbiz so sorry you didn’t get the house in Memphis, it would have been wonderful to be so close to your granddaughter

Janice great news that Charlie is growing and filling out. Can’t wait for new pictures

Jaba sending prayers for comfort, healing. I am so sorry you are going through all this.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I haven’t been on the thread much and probably owe you an explanation of my absence. As some of you know I was diagnosed with cancer almost 2years ago. Radical chemo and radiation took care of the cancer but the side effects have been horrendous. The doctors tell me that it seems I have gotten them all, needless to say its been a very long recovery and I’m not done yet. My biggest hurdle right now is the intestinal system. The month of December and January I have been in the hospital twice for a blockage. The Lakeland regional health and Mayo Clinic have not found a remedy as yet I was burned so badly from radiation that it literally shrunk my small intestine and expanded the large one. I go back in the hospital next week for another colonoscopy and an EGD scope, I’m hoping that something will show up and they can fix it.
needless to say it has made every day life quite an adventure to live with.
Those of you that have those prayer lists or thoughts of good vibes list, if you have room, sure would appreciate being added to it. Seems like I can use all the help I can get.
Jaba, Sorry to hear of your troubles, I will Add you to my nightly prayers for sure. Hugs to you
Old 01-29-2020, 10:23 AM

Jaba - You are on my prayer list. It has been such a wonderful experience getting to know you through the swaps - and then meeting in person - I still smile when I recall that day. Afterwards my DH said "do sewing machines really cost that much and does everyone need more than one?" The other DH taught him alot!! And you have taught me about colors and stars and blocks. Keep smiling. Florida has so many great places to take care of your needs.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:39 PM

Jaba, it goes without saying that you will remain in my thoughts. Keep in touch with us when you are able. Hugs, J
Old 01-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, so sorry to hear your misery continues... Will be praying your body heals, and any medical help available will be found for you. I will put you on our Sunday School prayer list, since you said it was ok. I agree you can never get too much prayer!

((((((((Big hugs to you!)))))))))
Old 01-31-2020, 10:46 AM

Jaba, so sorry to hear that you are still having problems. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. (((Hugs)))
Old 02-01-2020, 09:29 AM

Default Heads Up - Boom 24 signups

An FYI that Boom 24 sign-ups will begin February 10 and close February 20. I’ll post the link here and in Early Birds as well. I anticipate the 2 month group ending mid-May and the 3 month group ending mid-June.

All regular rules remain in effect with two minor changes: no side swaps will be handled through me and those in multiple groups will have separate shipping of completed blocks. You can send to me in any tracked package you prefer, but I will send your completed blocks in separate padded envelopes. I’m tired of trying to squish 38 (or more) blocks into a single envelope. F8s, provided they are all folded small, will fit in a single package so I’ll continue sending those together whenever possible. I trust you’ll be okay with both changes.

Are we ready to start another Boom? I hope so!