Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 07-22-2019, 03:55 AM
  #11  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mn
Posts: 5,470
Default

Welcome to all the newbies. You are in for a fun time

Kass you’re wibbley wobbley is awesome.

in the winter I often wonder why any of us choose to live in Minnesota but summers usually make it so worthwhile. This summer has been absolutely weird. Friday we set a new feels like temp of 122 degrees, for you in the South that may not be high but it is extremely over the top for here. Next afternoon it was 40 degrees warmer. This morning I am wearing a fleece sweater with a quilt on my legs. Brrrr but would rather be chilly then roasting!
terriamn is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 04:42 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 172
Default

Welcome to the new folks! I was new last boom, and while nervous at first, found the group to be welcoming and supportive! I learned a ton! I'm looking forward to my second boom with this talented group! I'll be working on getting my fabric off by Wednesday.

I'm excitedly preparing for a trip back east for a family reunion and quilting retreat with my daughter, Pam, who is also a boomer in this group (PamOry). We are going to MSQC in Missouri!! It is going to be a fun trip!!
vikkim is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 06:12 AM
  #13  
Super Member
 
klaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 3,556
Default

Welcome newbies! After this boom, you will be hooked! I will be mailing my package today. I've had it ready for 2 weeks anxiously waiting to mail.
klaws is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 07:52 AM
  #14  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,038
Default

Two weeks, klaws? You are ready! lol Can't wait to see your fabric in person.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Welcome newbies! After this boom, you will be hooked! I will be mailing my package today. I've had it ready for 2 weeks anxiously waiting to mail.
Vikkim, I love that the mother/daughter team is in this Boom for a second time. You may have been nervous but my goodness, you'd never know from your beautiful blocks.
Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
Welcome to the new folks! I was new last boom, and while nervous at first, found the group to be welcoming and supportive! I learned a ton! I'm looking forward to my second boom with this talented group! I'll be working on getting my fabric off by Wednesday.

I'm excitedly preparing for a trip back east for a family reunion and quilting retreat with my daughter, Pam, who is also a boomer in this group (PamOry). We are going to MSQC in Missouri!! It is going to be a fun trip!!
Terriamn, razy weather everywhere really is the new normal. What a mess! My friend went home to NJ to meet 105+ degree temps. Made us in my area at 90 seem downright comfortable in comparison.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Welcome to all the newbies. You are in for a fun time

Kass you’re wibbley wobbley is awesome.

in the winter I often wonder why any of us choose to live in Minnesota but summers usually make it so worthwhile. This summer has been absolutely weird. Friday we set a new feels like temp of 122 degrees, for you in the South that may not be high but it is extremely over the top for here. Next afternoon it was 40 degrees warmer. This morning I am wearing a fleece sweater with a quilt on my legs. Brrrr but would rather be chilly then roasting!
Kassaundra, Your striped WW border looks very difficult. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I should be working on packaging my squishy, but I have been working on the corners of the striped wibbly wobbly border, and my brain hurts but it is figured out!!!!! I have 2 done.
I've now received replies to most emails I sent out. Only need to hear from Macybaby (Early Birds) and Lstew2212, marija, Suzisew and Smglover207 in this group. Gals, when you get a chance, please reply to the email so I know you've rec'd it. If I don't hear from you within a few days, I'll be wondering if I've got the wrong email address. Thanks!
Janice McC is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 07:58 AM
  #15  
Super Member
 
juliasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waterford Michigan
Posts: 3,807
Default

I am afraid I am hooked before we even begin! I keep looking out at the mailbox to see if the mail carrier has been by yet. I know the package is in the mailbox right now since I was just out there and the flag is still up. I know that once it is picked up Janice McC will have it in 2 days. The return date for the fabrics to get to me is not soon enough. Kuddles to Janice McC for doing all the hard work of organizing this swap!
Klaws thanks for the warm welcome from this newbie.
juliasb is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 08:05 AM
  #16  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,038
Default

Gallery is up, btw. It's waiting for all your lovely blocks. One of Jaba's is in each group's photos already.

We've 4 newbies in this group so maybe it's a good time for everyone, new and vets, to give a brief intro. Nothing much, just a bit about yourself, perhaps including your quilting history. Anything will do. (I haven't asked this in a couple of swaps so it's overdue.) Thanks!

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-22-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Janice McC is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Queenbarbiej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: NEBRASKA
Posts: 964
Default

I will get my blocks reposted here by this weekend. If anyone want extra blocks made I will be willing to help. Just pm me.

Last edited by Queenbarbiej; 07-22-2019 at 08:36 AM. Reason: more information.
Queenbarbiej is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 09:41 AM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,250
Default

My flight from NY to San Diego via Baltimore was cancelled today. I got a flight (well three flights) tomorrow to go home. The heat index was 106 this past. weekend in NY. Well at least I get an extra day with mom.
mjpEncinitas is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 10:45 AM
  #19  
Super Member
 
Libster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,340
Default

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
My flight from NY to San Diego via Baltimore was cancelled today. I got a flight (well three flights) tomorrow to go home. The heat index was 106 this past. weekend in NY. Well at least I get an extra day with mom.

Mjp- I'm not gonna' complain anymore about our miserable heat here in NC although the humidity is killing us. Tomorrow is promised to be in the low 80s. Even if it is just a couple of days relief, it's going to feel great.
My F8s are on the way to Janice and I've already emailed her the tracking number. Now- to hunt up the perfect pattern for Jaba's striped fabric!
Libster is offline  
Old 07-22-2019, 11:53 AM
  #20  
Super Member
 
Kassaundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Rural Oklahoma
Posts: 5,356
Default

I am married, we do not have children, and live in eastern Oklahoma, green country, the land of lakes, hills, and woodlands (not like the western side which is what people usually think of when they think of OK). I work as a paramedic on an ambulance (which partially explains my sometimes darker sense of humor). I started quilting in my late teens (low those many years ago) but didn't start seriously until my mid/late 20's. I love the designing part of quilting. I love working w/ stripes / or repeat designs. I'm not even in the same room as "the box" and am in witness protection hiding from the quilting police. (though I do follow boom rules). I love chocolate and Doctor Who as you can see from my signature information on the bottom of my posts, if I make a reference you don't "get" it is a pretty safe bet it is from DW.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Gallery is up, btw. It's waiting for all your lovely blocks. One of Jaba's is in each group's photos already.

We've 4 newbies in this group so maybe it's a good time for everyone, new and vets, to give a brief intro. Nothing much, just a bit about yourself, perhaps including your quilting history. Anything will do. (I haven't asked this in a couple of swaps so it's overdue.) Thanks!
Kassaundra is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Janice McC
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
1126
08-30-2017 07:24 PM
Janice McC
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2112
06-07-2017 12:46 PM
Janice McC
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
698
07-29-2015 06:36 PM
Janice McC
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
923
03-21-2015 06:34 PM
Janice McC
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
686
09-17-2014 06:41 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.