Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1340

Thread: Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Blog Entries
    Well, let's try this again. Sorry for the confusion. These blocks are for Suzisue, Irish Mom and Cheesehead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
    Good afternoon,
    I always enjoy logging in to see all the beautiful blocks! The talent here truly amazes me! Pam, I really like the one you made for Libster! I now see why you love to buy ToTs and the textured fabrics such as grunges. As you can see, I'm using a lot of what we've bought together!!

What an amazing quilt Janice, such a lovely quilt. What a nice gift! I'm sure you will cherish it forever!

I've got a couple of contributions today. I didn't make them all today, rather decided to post in clusters which saves computer time which means more sew time!!

This one is for Juliasb
    Attachment 617319

This one is for Libser

Attachment 617320

And this one for Have4boys
    Attachment 617321
    very nice blocks, vikki
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Evening, Night Owls. Have a question. DH wants to buy (or renovate) a cabinet for me. Right now, Iím cutting on an Olfa 25 x 36, (overdue to be replaced) in small area of my sewing room. Itís in a corner so I can only cut from one spot. Itís inconvenient but has been workable for 20 years. An upgrade is very welcome anyway. What is your cutting surface? My table will be abt 60x 25 and I cannot find a large enough Olfa mat to cover it. Would you use two smaller mats or is there another product that would work? Any ideas welcome.

Libster, your pkg arrived today. Thank you! Iím out of town and will return Monday. My house sitter has tour pkg in her hands. Thanks!
    i use the largest fiskers mat they make. It is a 24 x 36. I bought an library table at an auction and the mat fits perfect.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

MJP, sorry to hear about your mom. Glad she is in a better place for her current needs.

Annt59, great blocks. I love the tree block.

No sewing for me this weekend. After three people quit, I got called into work both Friday and Saturday. I have both Monday and Tuesday evening off, hopefully I can get my creative juices flowing.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

AnnT the block you made for me is just lovely, thank you!

I don't know who made the hunter's star, but if you want to "save" your block for another project what I have done w/ blocks that come out just a tad to small, since you can't add a tiny border to the edge is to add a wider border to the edge and make it a "dissapearing" block. Add the seam allowances (4 of them) plus the total amount you need to add the the small block make this your border size, sew it on, cut the block into 3rds both ways, take your 9 squares rearrange into something that looks cool sew your new 9 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    MJ-the Celtic knot label is stunning, and such a creative way to make a label .

I'm curious who made the last block on Row 2? True story--I had originally made that very block with that exact shade of pink. But it came out 1/4" too short all around, so I abandoned it for a new block pattern with bright green instead.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Nice block Annt, I especially like the tree great fabric choices really make it pop.

Marija, I just finished your block. To me the fabric and colors you chose seemed very modern / contemporary, so I got out my paper, pencil and rulers and drew out my version of modern / contemporary. It is a different form of "stack and whack" then I usually do. I used the back side of my fabric for this one, the blue in the picture shows slightly brighter then it actually is, it is lighter then your fabric but still has the "moody" tone yours does. I sweated out this one for the amount of fabric in the f8, I had measured and thought I had enough w/ some to spare, but somewhere along the line I must have miss added b/c I didn't have any to spare but was able to get just enough. Hope you like it.

Name:  DSC_0423.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  155.4 KB

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Hello Boomers! Just popped in to peek at all of your beautiful blocks and admire Janice's quilt - it sure is lovely and clearly made with much love. I'm hopeful it will forever convey our caring sentiment.

Zozee - I must be your boom spirit buddy as I was the one who made the last block on the 2nd row Quite the coincidence that we had the same idea.

So, so many amazing blocks this boom - it's delightful to come in and take a peek at your beautiful work!

Christine
    Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    MJ-the Celtic knot label is stunning, and such a creative way to make a label .

I'm curious who made the last block on Row 2? True story--I had originally made that very block with that exact shade of pink. But it came out 1/4" too short all around, so I abandoned it for a new block pattern with bright green instead.
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

I tried to edit this but was to late, that seam allowance is for both sides of fabric so 1/2 inch for a total of 2 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    I don't know who made the hunter's star, but if you want to "save" your block for another project what I have done w/ blocks that come out just a tad to small, since you can't add a tiny border to the edge is to add a wider border to the edge and make it a "dissapearing" block. Add the seam allowances (4 of them) plus the total amount you need to add the the small block make this your border size, sew it on, cut the block into 3rds both ways, take your 9 squares rearrange into something that looks cool sew your new 9 patch.

Love my block Annt! The blue tone on tone is perfect!
    Sue

Good afternoon Boomers!

Nice to log in and see all the amazing blocks! Kass, your paper piecing is amazing!

Janice, I repurposed a large heavy table I found at the good will. I put locking wheels on it to elevate it and give me the option to move it when I need to get on all sides. It was heavy enough I was able to put hooks on the underside to hang my rulers on.
    Name:  table.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  101.4 KB

I have finished a few blocks. I hope you like them.

for Cheesehead
    Name:  cheesehead.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  231.5 KB

for MJP

Name:  MJP Encimtos.jpg
Size:  171.7 KB

for Marijia
    Name:  Marijia.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  132.7 KB
    Vikki

Doing life one block at a time

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I mailed both groups today so your blocks are on the way to Janice ladies. Sent tracking number Janice. Beautiful blocks! vikkim your table looks perfect, love the way you have your rulers. I can't quite do that without ruining a really good pool table but I do have them hanging on the wall.

[QUOTE=vikkim;8302262]Good afternoon Boomers!

for MJP

Name:  MJP Encimtos.jpg
Size:  171.7 KB

Oh Vikkim. Itís beautiful. My DH loved it too. Itís been a really challenging day. This made me smile!

Thank you VikkiM for the beautiful block you made for me!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Kass, very cool!!

Blog Entries
    Hi MJ, Sorry to hear about your Mom. She sure is a cutie, resembles you. Hopefully I'll see you Friday for yoga

Blog Entries
    Boomers all the blocks are beautiful. I have 3 more to make. Having a hard time focusing. Too much going on!!

Great blocks, Vicki that block you made for MJP is outstanding.

I got one more done today for Cheese, these low volume, pastel blocks are the most challenging for me, hope you like it.

Name:  DSC_0424.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  141.1 KB

Kass a couple more fantastic blocks

VikkiM beautiful blocks

Kass this block is gorgeous and I just love it, thank you!

Blog Entries
    Great blocks being made! Love that butterfly wow Kass, beautiful!
    ďBe the change you wish to see in the world.Ē
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Afternoon, night owls. A request. If you have not yet shipped your blocks, please hold them until Thursday of next week. Iím going out of town and although I have a house sitter, you know I prefer to be here when they arrive. If youíve already shipped and Iíve replied, youíre golden! Iíll be here thru Friday. Next Thursday you can begin shipping again. Thank you!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by marija View Post
    Hi MJ, Sorry to hear about your Mom. She sure is a cutie, resembles you. Hopefully I'll see you Friday for yoga

Iíll be there!

Kassaundra, I love that you utilized the back of Marija's fabric. It looks perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    Nice block Annt, I especially like the tree great fabric choices really make it pop.

Marija, I just finished your block. To me the fabric and colors you chose seemed very modern / contemporary, so I got out my paper, pencil and rulers and drew out my version of modern / contemporary. It is a different form of "stack and whack" then I usually do. I used the back side of my fabric for this one, the blue in the picture shows slightly brighter then it actually is, it is lighter then your fabric but still has the "moody" tone yours does. I sweated out this one for the amount of fabric in the f8, I had measured and thought I had enough w/ some to spare, but somewhere along the line I must have miss added b/c I didn't have any to spare but was able to get just enough. Hope you like it.

Name:  DSC_0423.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  155.4 KB
    VikkiM, totally love the block for MJP. Your color placement is wonderful.The others are beautifully done as well.

As for your re-purposed table, it's exactly what I'd like to do but I'd probably have to go a bit smaller. I've ditched the other idea in favor of much more what you've done. I can probably find a somewhat smaller table, ask DH to put locking heavy duty casters on it and cover it partially with a cutting mat. I love how you have what amounts to multiple stations for the various aspects of quilting. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing the pic!

edited to add: After 20 years of quilting, this past weekend i finally hung up my rules on the wall. One tiny nail for each one. Each has it's own place. And it took me 20 years to be comfortable with putting a dozen or so infinitesimal holes in a wall. Good grief!

Nice to log in and see all the amazing blocks! Kass, your paper piecing is amazing!

Janice, I repurposed a large heavy table I found at the good will. I put locking wheels on it to elevate it and give me the option to move it when I need to get on all sides. It was heavy enough I was able to put hooks on the underside to hang my rulers on.
    Name:  table.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  101.4 KB

I have finished a few blocks. I hope you like them.

for Cheesehead
    for MJP
    for Marijia
    Kass, is this reverse applique? The circles look amazingly round. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post

Kass this block is gorgeous and I just love it, thank you!
    Last edited by Janice McC; 09-18-2019 at 05:22 AM. Reason: more info
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Gorgeous blocks Kass! I have trouble with cheeseheads and Marijas fabric. Anne it was great to see your blocks too.
    Yours will help inspire me with those fabrics. I have trouble with two color blocks and low contrast combinations.

I get to quilt today. Vikkim yours was done before I left. I just have to square it off.

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast