Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-18-2020, 01:07 PM

Julia and Klaws - the blocks are perfect. Love the purples - thank you both.
Rainy day today - which is fine. Finally switched from my Baby Lock to my 1960 Bernina Record. I couldn't get a 1/4" stitch no matter which foot I used. The Bernina just purrs and foot is perfect.
My 92 yo mom was scheduled to fly back to NY on the 3rd. She was having so much anxiety that I finally booked her on an earlier flight (Monday). She is much happier. Figured this isn't going to get better, and who knows when they will be canceling flights. Since everything is closed, she will self quarantine for a few weeks in her own home. Gotta keep momma happy! And safe.
Have a great afternoon/evening
Old 03-18-2020, 03:04 PM

I just found out that the courts are moving pretty much everything to telephone hearings at this point or rescheduling things out for at least a month. That makes me feel so much better. I practice by myself so I am the boss and can pretty much stay at home if I want to or need to... but if I have a court appearance I need to be there for my client. Sometimes it's nice to be your own boss and other times it's kind of a drag.... I sit in an office by myself all day.... if you hear me talking to myself.... I'm just having a staff meeting LOL!

I'm excited for this weekend though... I'm going to get some fabric washed and dive in! All these blocks look so lovely I can't wait!
Old 03-18-2020, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingLawyer View Post
I just found out that the courts are moving pretty much everything to telephone hearings at this point or rescheduling things out for at least a month. That makes me feel so much better. I practice by myself so I am the boss and can pretty much stay at home if I want to or need to... but if I have a court appearance I need to be there for my client. Sometimes it's nice to be your own boss and other times it's kind of a drag.... I sit in an office by myself all day.... if you hear me talking to myself.... I'm just having a staff meeting LOL!
LOL, you're too funny! I'm glad that your work situation was changed so you can be at home. We are all safest at home right now.

I made some blocks today.
First, an improvised block for Queenbarbiej. (It was improvised because the pattern I was following just would not work.)
Next a block for Lum's older child's quilt.
Hope you like these, ladies!
Attached Thumbnails img_0259.jpg   img_0262.jpg  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-18-2020 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Pictures got dropped
Old 03-18-2020, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

These two are for Traveling Gramma (blue butterflies) and AnnT59 (Peace and Plenty).
Attached Thumbnails img_0263.jpg   img_0265.jpg  
Old 03-18-2020, 05:55 PM

klaws - I love that block you made for janice. I saved it to my computer to reference someday!
sewbizgirl - That dark blue you put with Gramma's block makes those butterflies stand out beautifully!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:15 PM
lum

Sewbiz, thank you it looks great.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:10 AM

Here are the four that I've got done so far - I'm so enjoying making these!
I need to figure out something for better lighting for picture taking.

Attached Thumbnails imgp4895.jpg   imgp4905.jpg   imgp4901.jpg   imgp4904.jpg  
Old 03-19-2020, 05:56 AM

Terriamn, hoping your one week checkup goes very well. Gentle hugs...
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ladies loving all the creative blocks especially mine TG.

My recovery is going very slow, I have never been so bruised in my entire life. I was very leery going into this surgery and sure as heck second guessing my decision.. Looking at the blocks brings me so much joy. Have my one week check up tomorrow, anxious to find out if I am on the right track. Hoping by weekend I can go downstairs and at least match some fabrics up
Old 03-19-2020, 06:35 AM

Thank you very much to both LAF2019 and Klaws for the beautiful floral blocks you made. They're both perfect and I love them!

You all have made a wonderful selection of blocks and I'll be moving them to the gallery shortly. Juliasb, even though your blocks are the same pattern, they work well with all the fabrics. Very good choice! LAF2019, you are on a roll! Macybaby, really love the scrappy'ish look of your block for Terriamn. I'm happy to hear you're getting your sewing area into shape and your machines appear to have made the move in good order.. Sewbizgirl, I dislike it when blocks don't work out but you made a positive out of yours for Queenbarbiej. Nice job. I'm sorry to hear the gym didn't do what I think is the responsible thing and cut classes themselves or even close.

As for me, I've got two blocks on the design board. One just needs to be fully assembled but I've had a cutting error on the other (worked when I was getting tired ) that I'm trying to work around. I may be committed to the block because I noticed it too late. I may be putting out a call for a little extra fabric if I cannot figure a work around. We'll see.

I'm off to load your 19 latest pix into the gallery. Boomers, take care and stay healthy!
Old 03-19-2020, 06:48 AM

Love everyone's blocks! It is amazing how the same fabric can look so different cut, combined with different fabrics, and blessed with people's creativity!

Prayers for everyone's health. Sew on and stay healthy!