Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-24-2020, 04:51 PM

Sewbizgirl, love your blocks. So creative and colorful!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:33 PM

Sewbiz great blocks love mine.

i did put a new blade in to make it easier to cut. Putting pressure on arms causes my underarms to swell then my breasts swell even more. The pain under my arm is pretty horrendous as is and don’t want to agitate them. Think I will be using templates and cutting them with a scissors.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Terri, do you or a friend have a GO cutter you can use?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:57 PM

Thank you Bugaroo, TravelingGrama and . Juliasb for my blocks.travelinmma, that is quite the unique block.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:10 PM

Thank you all for the beer blocks that have been posted. They look great. We are still in Florida so I have not started on this boom's blocks. It is strange here in that families have been leaving and few have checked in. Where before the parking was packed, now it is only a quarter full. DH and I walk daily and seldom see anyone else. Went to the pool the other day and had it all to ourselves. Luckily we went to the grocery store before the panic buying started and bought enough to last us until we leave. The other odd thing is that they no longer clean the condos, but will bring us clean towels and soap if we call and ask for them. Glad this unit has a washer and dryer! Take care and stay healthy.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:35 AM

I actually have all the Go Cutters, just very leery of using them on boom blocks because they tend to run a midge small. Just talked to hubby last night on setting up the Go big and trying a few dies with my fabric to see how they work out. Seems there is less stretching and pulling with the Go Big.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I actually have all the Go Cutters, just very leery of using them on boom blocks because they tend to run a midge small. Just talked to hubby last night on setting up the Go big and trying a few dies with my fabric to see how they work out. Seems there is less stretching and pulling with the Go Big.
It hasn't taken me long to acquire a good number of dies for the Go Big. I too am finding some of the dies to run just a hair small. I have been doing a great deal of adjusting to use them. Like you I am not using the Go Big for my boom blocks. I am not a big risk taker with someone else's fabric.
I have only 5 more blocks to make.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:29 AM

Thank you to Juliasb and Sewbizgirl for my beautiful daisy blocks. Juliasb, I love the green you used! I don't think I've ever seen the asymmetrical star block before. It's terrific.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:48 AM

I thought I'd already posted this one for Christyj but oops so here it is. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails jj-christy.jpg  
Old 03-25-2020, 05:28 AM

Here in North Georgia the car traffic is down. What has really surprised me was over the weekend going through town, Huddle House was packed!!! Both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Couldn't believe it. My husband is a plumber and one of the manufacturing plants making products for virus testing needed him. He explained I was high risk, so they emptied the plant over the weekend so he could come in and work. Other than that, we are hunkered down. Our house is kind of hidden behind hills and trees... feels we are back in frontier days!

Prayers for everyone's health and safety.